Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RONIN FIX for Thumb Controller and Firmware
4784 11 2016-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought I share this since it took me about 4 hours with DJI support with no resolution.   Finally after checking out all possible solutions this worked to get the thumb controller going.

I would use the Ronin Assistant Software v1.8 and not 2.2

After trying my luck with the Ronin Software Assitant 2.2, I instead uploaded DMG v.1.8 directly to my computer.  

First however, I used 2.2 to update all firmware as well as both thumb controller and reciever.  2.2 actually broke my Regular ronin controller when applying the update..
So no idea why that happened but I would not try updgrading your remote.

After I did all of my updates in 2.2, I then uploaded the 1.8 DMG to my computer, kept both Assistants Open and Running,  I went to the "Updates"  on the 1.8 version and eventhough it said there were no updates to be had, I pushed "update" and my GCU almost instantly updated and fixed all of the thumb controller issues.
It is my thought that the Ronin Assistant 2.2 lacks an update for the GCU.  So if you haven't been keeping up with your updates like me, you will have absolutely NO way of getting
your thumb controller to work, as you MUST have the GCU updated past GCU 1.0.  You won't be able to get this update with Ronin Assistant Software 2.2 if you have not previsouly updated your Ronin.
SOOO, GO back and use Ronin Assistant 1.8 (I used the DMG NOT the ZIP) and this worked.

So depsite what Pro Support says, if your thumb controller does not work and your BAttery is not being read, GO BACK a Ronin Assistant Version or two and start your updates from there.

It worked for me, good luck.  IF you have any questions, please reply on the forum.

Lastly, I have no idea why the controllers died.  I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!

2016-5-21
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

Hi Thanks for the info I will give it a try and get back...Seems your on mac and I'll be trying from PC..
can you please confirm..Thanks!!
cheers
Darrin
2016-5-21
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-5-21 15:23
Hi Thanks for the info I will give it a try and get back...Seems your on mac and I'll be trying from ...

I did it from a mac.  Let me know if that works.  DO NOT UPDATE REGULAR CONTROLLER as it will fry it. NO idea why mine died, but numerous ppl have had this same issue
2016-5-21
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Also please remember to "bind" the thumb controller and the receiver
2016-5-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback.
About the Ronin RC firmware upgrade issue, please refer to our official new notification: http://forum.dji.com/thread-53404-1-1.html

Sorry for any trouble caused before. If your Ronin RC was bricked after the upgrade, please contact your dealer for repair.
2016-5-23
Use props
How did you get it to downgrade? I´m having big problems with the newest update 2.4.
Did the update 2.4 dmg and now the thumb controller won´t bind and the remote has a delay time of 2-3 seconds and the operation is now jerky. It seems the thumb controller does´t actually manage to get updated to 1.2. Despite saying in the Assistent that the update has worked, it hasn´t if you read the version on the thumb controller which still shows version 1.0. Maybe this is the reason.
I have the old 1.9 but can´t force the downgrade to work, it just shows "No updates". Only the IMU shows "Latest update 1.3" although 1.4 is installed.

We're not the only ones with this issue
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 17:43
Thanks for your feedback.
About the Ronin RC firmware upgrade issue, please refer to our official ne ...

I found a solution to this. DJI support sent me 2.2 exe which I managed to get started on an old Widows 7 PC after many attempts. Finally I saw an upgrade on the upgrade side in the Assistent to update the receiver to 1.0.0.15 which didn´t appear at all in the 2.4 Mac or Windows version. That did the trick and now both controllers are working, even though the thumb controller says version 1.0 and not 1.2.
Don´t ask me what versions they are really using now but it works and so can I.
2016-8-22
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well at least your controller didn't die.  Mine did.  Good to hear man!!!
2016-8-23
Use props
cafarnas
lvl.1
Spain

neil@plugnpray. Posted at 2016-8-22 19:42
I found a solution to this. DJI support sent me 2.2 exe which I managed to get started on an old W ...

Please, can you share the 2.2 windows version?

Thx
2016-10-14
Use props
Maristke
New

United States

Any luck on that link to the 2.2 windows version ? This thumb controller is useless much like DJI support numbers and emails when it comes to getting help. I am strongly considering returning the Ronin and thumb controller and switching to a competitor before I get too invested.
2017-1-23
Use props
Zadäsch
New

Germany

any chance to get this 2.2 Version?
2017-7-14
Use props
DATABASS
New
United States

This is complete and utter BULL!  Why can't DJI just make stuff that works!  This firmware that firmware, upgrade, unistall....Ive wasted days of my life trying to make what should be EASY work and it still doesn't work!   DJI STINKS  END OF STORY.
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules