Just got Inspire 1 back from Repair - Solid Blue Light
4429 19 2016-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devoh002
lvl.1

United States

Good day,
     I just received my Inspire 1 back from DJI support, and I have a solid blue light!
     Aircraft
     From the repair shop in Carson, CA; it appears they replaced the X3 camera for my bird. I just powered the aircraft on, and I have a solid blue light on. Also, when the controller is on, it is not doing anything, and the tablet states "Aircraft Disconnected". I know when I sent it in, they instructed to only send them the aircraft with the gimbal and nothing else".

When support would be the most important, they are only open Monday-Friday, so I'm down for the weekend. It just arrived last night.

If anyone can help, even more you DJI personnel in this forum, please advise. thank you.
2016-5-21
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

Have you tried re-binding your Inspire1 and RC?
2016-5-21
Use props
devoh002
lvl.1

United States

sthuemmel Posted at 2016-5-22 05:43
Have you tried re-binding your Inspire1 and RC?

Yes, I've tried to re-sink the Aircraft to RC.
2016-5-21
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
United States

devoh002 Posted at 2016-5-21 17:45
Yes, I've tried to re-sink the Aircraft to RC.

Sounds like your I1 and RC may be at different F/W versions.
Do you know what version your I1 was when you shipped it to DJI?
Do you know what version your RC is?
Have you updated the RC?
You should be able to see the RC version in the DJI APP
2016-5-21
Use props
devoh002
lvl.1

United States

sthuemmel Posted at 2016-5-22 06:06
Sounds like your I1 and RC may be at different F/W versions.
Do you know what version your I1 was  ...

As an Engineer, I document everything really well, and the RC was the same at the controller.
When I shipped the aircraft to DJI in Carson California 1 1/2 weeks ago, everything was working great, except the camera that was not connecting. They told me they needed to replace a hardware component to the camera and that was it.
Once it arrived to the house, I powered up the aircraft, and the LED was a permanent blue color; which was not when I  shipped it to Carson, CA. I went through all their documentation and re-verified their manual, and that LED color is not even listed inside their manual.
I'm just confused, and really was excited to get it back in the air. Now I'm down!!
I was under the assumption that DJI would ship me back a fully functional aircraft after being at their repair shop.
2016-5-21
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
United States

devoh002 Posted at 2016-5-21 19:24
As an Engineer, I document everything really well, and the RC was the same at the controller.
Whe ...

What I was thinking is when DJI repaired your Inspire 1 they either updated or downgraded the F/W so it is not compatible with your Controller.  I suspect they tested it after the repair and had to match what ever controller they were using during the test.
This is why I was asking the questions.......  Were you on the latest F/W for the Inspire and the Controller when you shipped the Inspire for repair?
2016-5-21
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Solid bue/purple light is the travel mode signal. Assuming you have the camera on, you should not be seeing that but if you can't connect to the aircraft then I'm not sure how you could have gotten it out of travel mode. Sorry, I don't have a solution but I agree, it sounds like a FW mismatch.
2016-5-21
Use props
devoh002
lvl.1

United States

sthuemmel Posted at 2016-5-22 07:39
What I was thinking is when DJI repaired your Inspire 1 they either updated or downgraded the F/W  ...

The firmware on the controller and the aircraft are the same.
The other issue, is that I placed the aircraft on top of four large soup can to attached the gimbal. The gimbal is not responding. ((
2016-5-21
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

devoh... That means the blue light is correct as you are still in travel mode. I would put the latest FW on an SD card and drop it into the camera. See what happens.
2016-5-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

devoh002 Posted at 2016-5-21 19:13
The other issue, is that I placed th ...

The firmware on the RC and the aircraft are not supposed to be the same. Do you mean you have the correct match ? AC 1.8 and RC 1.6 ?

The Aircraft and Camera  should be at version 1.8 and the RC at 1.6. When it went in for repair did you sent just the Aircraft correct?  you did not update the RC while the AC was in the shop did ya ?

Can you look on the about page on the Go app and tell us what versions are currently loaded ?  This may not  work , try and see what versions are there though ....

For shipping the Aircraft was placed in Travel mode, once you get it out of travel mode, get it updated,( see instructions attached as well )
Can you get the aircraft out of travel mode from the Go app ?  Or you can also cycle the landing gear switch 4 times quickly as well .
Also as flightime said, update the aircraft to 1.8, if it is already updated it wont hurt anything .  You did not update the RC while  that was in repair did you ? If you did rollback the RC to 1.58, get the aircraft out of travel mode, then load 1.8 on to the Aircraft , then update the RC to version 1.6  

**You will not be able to get the Aircraft out of travel mode until you are able connect with it.   I will also give a link on how to manually lower the gear, it is simple. It will be on mext post of mine.  

This  definitly sounds like the RC and aircraft are not on compatible updates.  If your aircraft is on 1.7 then the RC version 1.58 would be a match .  I f the AC is on 1.8 then 1.6 for the RC would be a match.

It  was  critical for the latest update the Aircraft be updated first to 1.8 before the RC to 1.6

****Nothing is going to respond until you get the correct update on the RC and Aircraft .....

Start here let me know

donnie

travel mode.PNG
2016-5-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

devoh002 Posted at 2016-5-21 19:13
The other issue, is that I placed th ...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52862-1-1.html
2016-5-22
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

You are in travel mode..... Flick the up down rotating knob next to the power button 3 times and keep it in the down position. You cant connect in travel mode and it gives you a solid blue light.
2016-5-22
Use props
devoh002
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-23 03:54
http://forum.dji.com/thread-52862-1-1.html

Donnie, thank you for your help.
The controller and aircraft are the same version i.e. 1.8 and 1.6.
What I had to do is manually work the screw for the arms. once it was up, the X3 button started working with no issues and everything is online. Thank you all.
2016-5-23
Use props
devoh002
lvl.1

United States

devoh002 Posted at 2016-5-24 06:56
Donnie, thank you for your help.
The controller and aircraft are the same version i.e. 1.8 and 1.6 ...

Also got my slave controller updated as it needed and re-linked and all the batteries done.
I'm 100% current on everything until next update. Cheers!!
2016-5-23
Use props
lcastil.pucp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78159 ft

Hi
Today I upgraded the DJI Go app for an i Phone and an IPad and when I tried to turn on my Inspires ( two of them) I got the solid blue light. Both Inspires will not raise and change form travel mode to fly mode. I guess it has something to do with the app upgrade since both Inspirs were workimng well until a few days ago. Any one else experienced this issue? Is there a way to fix it?
2016-5-25
Use props
lcastil.pucp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78159 ft

Interesting I have a similar problem. But in my case it seems to be due to an upgrade of the DJI Go app. Today I upgraded the DJI Go app for an i Phone and an IPad and when I tried to turn on my Inspires ( two of them) I got the solid blue light. Both Inspires will not raise and change from travel mode to fly mode. Also in my case when the controller is on it does not do anything and I get the message "No Image Transmission Signal". I guess it has something to do with the app upgrade since both Inspirs were workimng well until a few days ago. Any one else experienced this issue? Is there a way to fix it?
2016-5-25
Use props
warheadbr
New

United States

lcastil.pucp Posted at 2016-5-26 11:22
Interesting I have a similar problem. But in my case it seems to be due to an upgrade of the DJI Go  ...

Same problem here
Solid Blue light
no response from the camera
no response when trying to exit travel mode
cant update to latest aircraft firmware
remote is up to date
2016-5-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

warheadbr Posted at 2016-5-26 00:05
Same problem here
Solid Blue light

What I think you did was update the RC transmitter before the aircraft......... did You ?  If so it will cause Your symptoms.

Solution:  What you need to do is rollback the RC to version 1 .58 then ,     re - establish communication with the RC and aircraft, Load 1.8 on the aircraft and then load 1.6 on the RC Transmitter .

donnie

I will post a video with my next post on how to rollback the RC to 1.58.  Be sure once you rollback to 1.58 that you wait and load 1.8 to the aircraft  BEFORE  loading 1.6 back on the RC.

Also read the release notes before any update.  I am also going to give a link to my tips page as well, please read when you have a moment.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

2016-5-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

warheadbr Posted at 2016-5-26 00:05
Same problem here
Solid Blue light

2016-5-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

lcastil.pucp Posted at 2016-5-25 22:22
Interesting I have a similar problem. But in my case it seems to be due to an upgrade of the DJI Go  ...

That makes no sense, You are saying you just updated the go app and the blue light on aircraft came on ??

Are you sure that you did not update the RC  during that process somehow?

If you updated the RC before the aircraft it will display the symptoms that you are summarizing.

If all you did was update the Go app , I cant see how this could happen.

Let me know if you think you may have updated the RC and not the aircraft.  If you did follow the suggestions I gave to the Other forum member ( Post # 18 and  #19 ) .  You must get out of update 1.6 for the RC and rollback to 1.58, then re-establish communication with the aircraft, then load 1.8 to the AC and then load 1.6 back to the RC.

Let me know-  donnie
2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules