Can you recover / reactivate motors if you use the emergency cut
1381 12 2016-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scarzee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 613406 ft
Australia

Wondering if you have activated the emergency motors cut , can you reactivate while  Phantom is falling from the sky?
2016-5-22
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Yes. I believe that if you are high enough you can CSC Start the phantom while it is falling, and has enough altitude to recover after the motors restart ..  But I wouldn't want to try/test it..
2016-5-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can try it in the flight SIM, I wouldn't be prepared to test it using my aircraft
2016-5-22
Use props
scarzee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 613406 ft
Australia

Agree, I certainly don't want to try it, just want to know for sure what all of the options are
2016-5-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One you are in the air and you turn off those motors its going to drop fast, even if it does restart the motors teh P4 might have even turned upside down or in its side

Disaster written all over it
2016-5-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

There are one or two who claimed they have done it though without proof it is a bit far fetched to believe.....
2016-5-22
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, if u were at 500meters altitude, and did a kill, then immediate start, it is possible that you would get lucky.. There are people who claim that their quad got the props turning so fast in the reversed direction, and was so well leveled, that it actually did slow down the descent.. again.. not necessarily a proven occurrence in my mind.. I think DJI should test with some sort of "test dummy phantom" that has been built for crashing and testing crashing ;) Then they should post the results and tell NO ONE to ever try it!
2016-5-22
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

In short, yes it is possible to restart the motors. Regaining stability before it hits the ground is just down to luck. The higher you are when you try this, the longer you have to recover.

Try it and let us know how you get on.
2016-5-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes you can. You can switch to ATTI Mode and bring things back to life and then go back into P Mode if you want.
2016-5-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-5-23 00:10
Yes you can. You can switch to ATTI Mode and bring things back to life and then go back into P Mode  ...

Bet you cant prove it
2016-5-23
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

No need to restart the motors; Your Phantom will autorotate all the way to the scene of the crash.
2016-5-23
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-23 10:09
No need to restart the motors; Your Phantom will autorotate all the way to the scene of the crash.

And what I love, it will always reach the scene of the crash EXACTLY!!! I am not sure how they achieve it, but it just amazes me on how accurate this technology is, even in the way it crashes! I have never heard of a case where the actual collision with the ground was anywhere but bulls-eye of the actual ground crash ground 0! Even if a tree is involved, or a building, eventually, it's just perfect 10 score!
2016-5-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 2016-5-23 08:46
Bet you cant prove it

It can be done if you have the height. Although, I am not going to try it.
2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules