Watching FPV and flying backwards - SOLUTION?
700 9 2016-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Expedition Edge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7769 ft
Germany

Hello DJI-Community,

I got my P4 a few days before. Today I red the TOP 10 common pilot errors. Point 6 caught my interest:

6.       Watching FPV and flying backwards
Everyone likes to do some beautiful shoots like this, but flying backwards we don’t see the way aircraft is moving to, so it’s extremely easy to crash your drone into the other objects on the way.  It’s like walking backwards without watching the way.
Solution: Do not stare at the screen all the time, watch your aircraft and flight environment.

Isn't there a quick and easy solution for that? Turning the gimbal 180° so it looks backwards - or in other words: you fly in the direction of your obstacle sensors but looking behind you?
I just looked in my DJI-GO App, but couldn't find an option to rotate the gimbal - is there any?

Greetings from Germany,
Edward

2016-5-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

well, you might as well fly forwards with the camera facing your subject. And no there is no way phantom can do that. camera only has vertical 90 degree movement
2016-5-22
Use props
Expedition Edge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7769 ft
Germany

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-22 20:06
well, you might as well fly forwards with the camera facing your subject. And no there is no way pha ...

Thanks rayrokni,
didn't know that it can only rotate 90°. The Phantom 5 will have sensors in every direction for sure
2016-5-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer

Expedition Edge Posted at 2016-5-23 02:19
Thanks rayrokni,
didn't know that it can only rotate 90°. The Phantom 5 will have sensors in ever ...

it would only make sense if the p5 did have 360 camera and sensors
2016-5-22
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"Isn't there a quick and easy solution for that?"

There is .. it's called situational awareness.
Be aware of your flying environment and whatever obstacles are around your Phantom.
Don't fly in situations where you are flying blindly toward nearby obstacles.

Simple and effective.
2016-5-22
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Fly forward, then reverse the clip in video editing software. That is probably the safest way. Now, you could also take a practice path flying towards, then once you are aware of everything you could reverse and go up and away. Also, if you in the line of sight, well, don;t use the fpv, just set your camera and then fly backwards....
2016-5-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-23 11:10
Fly forward, then reverse the clip in video editing software. That is probably the safest way. Now,  ...

That's what you would do is he is talking about filming.
2016-5-22
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-22 13:28
it would only make sense if the p5 did have 360 camera and sensors

I hear phantom 7 will be controlled by the mind probe, and it will actually transmit full situational awareness into the brain of the pilot directly, with a full 360 spherical view. BUT! Phantom 8 will also have a 20x optical zoom lens, and a separate FPV!!! I wish I could wait, but I am just not that patient... I had to get something now... so I got p3A... oh well....  ;)
2016-5-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-23 13:11
I hear phantom 7 will be controlled by the mind probe, and it will actually transmit full situatio ...

Well, we are all efed then, as there are many with no mind to control the phantom 7. I might as well sell mind now as I'm sure they will be banned!!!!!
We joke but probably that's in not too distant a future, as technology years go.
2016-5-23
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194426 ft
France

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules