Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Firmware error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

I was flying last night with a buddy, we both have the P3P. He jus bought his. He only had 1 battery and I have 3, so I let him borrow one of mine. The problem is that he got the battery firmware error. I haven't had any messages about firmware update so I assumed we were both running the same firmware. Any suggestions on how fix this so he can use my battery?
2016-5-22
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's the firmware version for his P3 an what's the firmware version of your P3??
2016-5-22
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

My Firmware version is v1.8.80 which is the latest. I assumed since he would have had to update when he un-boxed that we were on the same firmware. I m confused about this.
2016-5-22
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-5-23 05:03
My Firmware version is v1.8.80 which is the latest. I assumed since he would have had to update when ...

Ahhhh....not so....he could have unboxed a P3 and as long as long as the RC firmware and aircraft firmware are compatible, he could fly right out of the box.
There are some people flying firmware that may be as far back as 1.19 which was an aircraft/pre-battery update firmware.  If your battery has the newest firmware and his is before the last battery/aircraft update you would get an error/no go message.
2016-5-22
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

I will have to ask him again. He said that he had to update everything, but not having the same firmwares seems to be the only way I could see this message coming up.
2016-5-22
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

How do I check the firmware on his bird?
2016-5-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Firmware version and RC SN, look in the Go app top right corner, tap the three dots, scroll down to the lower page menu, look under About.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-22
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-5-23 07:06
How do I check the firmware on his bird?

What Red Said!
2016-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Some clarification from OP would be a delight!! Ha
No response at all. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-5-23
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-5-24 01:54
Some clarification from OP would be a delight!! Ha
No response at all. ;-)

Sorry. My friend hasn't been available for me too check his firmware. What I do know is that he said he had to do all the updates that everyone has to do when un-boxing for the first time. The confusion for me lies in the fact that I have not been asked to update my firmware via the app so that would lead me to believe that we are running the same, latest firmware unless when he updated his bird and he did not download the latest one. At any rate, thanks to the responses I now know where to quickly check the firmware versions if this comes up again.
2016-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ok, well good luck. You know what has to be done if those firmware versions aren't equal. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules