Is the Phantom 4 better than the Phantom 3 for noise in still images
621 2 2016-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike
New

Australia

I'm looking at buying a Phantom 4. I recently took some images on a friend's Phantom 3 to check the quality of the still images, and found a fair bit of noise in the shadows. Does anyone have experience with the Phantom 3 and 4 and can comment if the 4's camera is better with respect to noise?
Thanks.
2016-5-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you are getting noise in the imagres, then it is very likely your shots are either under-exposed or taken under conditions with too little light. Both cameras produce similar images, the only advantage the P4 has is a somewhat better lens. Feed the camera light - it loves it.
2016-5-22
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

I have had a break of about 6 months from flying my P3P, as I have a new camera giving me 50 MP and I was expecting the images from the Phantom to be somewhat lacking, but just had a week on the Jurasic coast, where the view from 400 ft above the sea, eclipsed anything I could capture from standing on terra firma.  
If you get a bit of noise in the shadows, Lightroom can easily reduce this to minimal.  But the more light the better in my experience.
2016-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules