5081 11 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Ronin.png

Dear customers:
kindly please be noticed about below information.
In the latest firmware(IMU firmware version: 3.1), the roll axis drift issue has been fixed, should you have the similar drift problem with the former firmware version, please upgrade your firmware to the latest one.

*Kind Reminder- Please kindly be advised that the RC firmware V1.1.0.21 is only for Ronin-M RC, which is not compatible with Ronin RC, please do not upgrade Ronin RC with this firmware(V1.1.0.21) in case of any damage caused.

Date : 2016/04/18   Ronin Release Notes

IMU firmware version  : 3.1
GCU firmware version : 1.2
DJI Assistant App for iOS version : 1.1.27
DJI Ronin App for Android version  : 1.0.6
PC Assistant version  : 2.2
MAC Assistant version : 2.2
User Manual version : 2.0

Major Updates:
1. Improved SmoothTrack speed for the pan axis.
2. Fixed the issue of roll axis drift when shooting.
3. DJI Lightbridge 2 support. Now the Ronin can be controlled by DJI Lightbridge 2.
   Operation: Toggle the flight mode switch to select the SmoothTrack Speed. Toggle the transformation switch to enable or disable SmoothTrack. Horizontal movements on the left stick control the roll axis. Horizontal movements on the right stick control the pan axis. Vertical movements on the right stick control the tilt axis.

For more information, please visit the official website: http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/info#downloads
2016-5-23
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

Hello please clarify DJI..you tell us to run the updates on all devices..your update system loads the update into the devices and destroyed them please take responsibility!

My remote is dead it's been three weeks almost and now you announce that the update is for Ronin M..Ok I still have a RONIN that cannot be used, i paid top dollar and it's been plagued with software issues from day 1 before any Ronin M existed.

Are you going to resolve these issue in a timely manor? Y - N?
Because I'm 1 year in and my device has been mostly broken not functioning as promised.The roll and drift issues make stationary use on a jib or tripod impossible and the updates seem to help Ronin but made the situation worse destroying the 'remotes' rendering all remote pan/tilt aspects unusable.
Your new mini Ronin systems keep getting all the attention and the people that got this off the ground purchasing 'version 1' are treated poorly that's bad business!

Are you going to send me a working remote? Y - N?
Thanks for a direct answer!
cheers
Darrin Nupuf
2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-5-28 03:31
Hello please clarify DJI..you tell us to run the updates on all devices..your update system loads th ...

Hello Darrin,
We also provide Non-warranty service for DJI products. For more details, could you please contact our support team directly?

If you need any help, please let me know.

Thanks.
2016-5-30
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-30 17:45
Hello Darrin,
We also provide Non-warranty service for DJI products. For more details, could you p ...

If you provide any service, please tell me where to go! I have been trying for weeks! I'm in Los Angeles and hoping someone responds after the Holiday. I need to resolve the issues buy a new remote etc..How is any of this hardware related..when your own update clearly states the BUG'S we've been reporting for a year now!

Your update fixed one aspect and broke others, where do we go?
Who do we call?

The run around and delays have now surpassed my warranty and damaged my gear.

Is this a business model you are proud of?
Please put me in contact with a service center!!

Darrin Nupuf
proimages.com
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-5-31 05:21
If you provide any service, please tell me where to go! I have been trying for weeks! I'm in Los An ...

Hello, again
Please contact our service center in North America, you can email to support.us@dji.com or call +1-818-235-0789. (Monday to Friday, Pacific Standard Time 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)

Thanks.
2016-5-30
Use props
urmandaniar
New

Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-31 08:31
Hello, again
Please contact our service center in North America, you can email to  or call +1-818- ...

I have "drift'n roll" problem. You say that i should update to the latest firmware (IMU firmware version: 3.1). But how? The latest assistant (v2.4) do not upgrade for 3.1. Only for 3.0

How can i upgrade it?
2016-7-31
Use props
muler
lvl.2

Ukraine

urmandaniar@gma Posted at 2016-7-31 19:03
I have "drift'n roll" problem. You say that i should update to the latest firmware (IMU firmware v ...

Здесь лекарство
2016-8-4
Use props
silvertonesx24
lvl.1

United States

OK, how do I downgrade/fix my Thumb Controller for Ronin (full version, not Ronin-M). I updated my Ronin and now my Thumb Controller no longer works- just flashes green for a second then blinks red.

Some say to use the v.2.2 assistant and I tried- but all I see in Upgrade is GCU (1.3), IMU (3.1), and Battery (0.0). I see nothing there for Receiver, Thumb Controller, anything! How can I fix this??
2016-9-4
Use props
alexboothby
lvl.1

Canada

silvertonesx24 Posted at 2016-9-4 10:52
OK, how do I downgrade/fix my Thumb Controller for Ronin (full version, not Ronin-M). I updated my R ...

I've had the exact same problem.    The upgrade to version 3.1 has been a disaster for me, for four reasons:

1. It completely killed my RC (I saw the warning not to upgrade the RC firmware too late.)
2. My thumb controller would not bind, as you describe.
3. The Ronin motors were jerky, not smooth.
4. My Ronin would frequently go into psycho robot rampage, spinning wildly.

So I re-installed version 3.0 and it seems to be better, but not quite it's old self.  Also I now have a totally dead RC and a thumb controller that won't bind.  Not happy.

2016-10-1
Use props
alexboothby
lvl.1

Canada

So my RC is now dead because I installed firmware(V1.1.0.21).  DJI phone assistance told me to upgrade all accessories, so i did.   Now it's dead.

Anyone know how to bring it back to life?   Surely the original firmware (it shipped with) exists somewhere.   DJI ???
2016-10-1
Use props
hyper.alx
New

France

alexboothby@yah Posted at 2016-10-2 06:55
So my RC is now dead because I installed firmware(V1.1.0.21).  DJI phone assistance told me to upgra ...

I have a problem on DJI RONIN

Today i have made the firmware upgrade to the IMU Version  and CGU version
But since iv done that the Ronin dont work anymore
The motors are stopped and dont work few second after the power on (and the information the software monitor are the good one)
I cant Auto Tune anymore or Calibrate the system
Then it is written "Not DJI Intelligent Battery", but in fact it is the real DJI intelligent battery
I have try "default" button and my power cycle
but in all cases i cant use my DJI Ronin and i need it on a shoot ill be on next week

FOR THE END , YOUR UPGRADE has UPGRADE  MY REMOTE  and thhis one doesent work anymore

I dont want to make a viral video wher i literally BURN AND DESTROY my ronin but be SURE  I WILL DO IT IF I DONT HAVE ANY ANSWER AND BUY ANOTHER BRAND WITH THE MONEY ILL EARN

would you answer me really fast plz
thank you

The Monitor of the DJI Assistant Software
2016-10-7
Use props
arthurdickson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298684 ft
Dominican Republic

I guess you are now tired of hearing this but hey what they heck we are only paying costumers:

YOUR DJI RONIN FIRMWARE UPGRADE FRIED MY REMOTE CONTROLLER! IF UPGRADE IS NOT COMPATIBLE IT SHOULD NOT BE SHOWING UP ON THE ASSISTANT APP AS AN UPGRADE!

I am in the middle of a commercial shoot that was designed around the Ronin (a design which I fought hard against because the ronin has given me nothing but problems with the "drift n roll" issue EVERYONE seems to be having). I read warnings against upgrading but I said to myself hey the phantom products have never let me down maybe drift n roll problem is because I'm running old firmware...

Upgraded and drift seems to have been corrected (have not mounted on the car mount yet which is where the drift n roll occurs quite aggressively, like dutch angle aggressive every time...ruined 2 hours of shooting shedule last night)

But then I see the upgrade for remote available and though id keep everything up to date! WRONG! did the RC upgrade and now remote is dead...won't turn on...green light flashes once when you plug it in and that's it.

Been reading the forum and I see its a general problem you are having and by the looks of it you arent replacing peoples remotes once time has voided the warranty. So thanks for making a product that works more or less ok sometimes and then for ruining it with a shitty shitty firmware upgrade. I would ask for a new RC to be sent but I can already see myself pushing the buy now button on amazon to save myself the troubles and formalities of dealing with you people.

Guess I will be trying the MoVi products...

I REALLY DONT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT FOR ANY SERIOUS FILMMAKING WORK. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME (unless you love dutch angles on everything in which case then buy at your own risk!)

Sincerely,
Another unhappy costumer.
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules