Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bricked (I think RC) HELP!!!!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianbuschmann
New

United States

So I was flying my Phantom 3 Advanced about a year ago and crashed it.  Camera and Gimbal broke off the drone.  So the Drone got shelved for about a year until I got a new camera and gimbal.

Well I got them about two weeks ago, installed them on the drone and was able to fly the drone.  Now I couldn't see the live feed because I was running the most up to date DJI go app which doesn't work with the drone firmware I was using of 1.1.9.

So to remedy this, I updated the firmware on the drone to the most current.  And here is where my problems occur.

I currently have firmware 1.1.9 in the RC.  So I can't download and update the RC from the DJI GO app.  I downloaded FW 1.3.20 from DJI's website to install on the RC which then allow me to update via the app but literally nothing happens when I plug in my thumb drive to the RC.  (The FW is in the root directory)(And the format on the thumb drive is FAT
32)

So I can't update the FW on the RC to 1.3.20.  I had heard that I need to update the FW on the RC to 1.2.8 or 1.2.9 before I can update to FW 1.3.20.  But it seems there is no archive of FW updates.  So now, I can't update the RC and now can't fly or do anything.  The RC is a 300A.

Any help in getting my RC updated so I can fly will  result in a case or some form of compensation.  Pleas help me out if you can guys.
2016-5-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok, are you saying that you have 1.8 loaded with"Success" on the aircraft but the RC need s to be updated to work correctly ?

I see the dilemma, You say that you are on 1.19 so you need to update in order to get to 1.3 on the RC. Once you get to 1.3 you can then jump  up to 1.6 on the RC.

So here is my plan, I am going to give you a link that has old firmware files, it i located on the very bottom of the page, load in order the versions you need and then after you get to 1.3 you can try via the go app or i can get you version 1.6 on thumb drive, lets first try and get you out of purgatory. (You only need to load 1.26 then 1.32 then you can go to 1.6 IF you are at 1.19  )

I  figured you wanted that friend's request because you needed something , not my good looks..............

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Professional/

below is a sample of what the Link will look like, be sure to format the thumb drive before loading to the RC.  Remember also that that the aircraft is off when updating the RC.  Simply load the file on the thumb dirve , place in the usb slot, then turn on RC.  

I also have a link for instructions on how to do this , and I have the 1.6 file here too. Link is in next post of mine, for some reason would not let me place link here ...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

donnie

Firware archive.PNG
2016-5-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Link here for the 1.6 file and how to use thumb drives:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html
2016-5-23
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-24 01:40
Link here for the 1.6 file and how to use thumb drives:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html ...

Well done Donnie, well done!  :-)
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello ianbuschmann, you can download the previous pack that Donnie provides to re-upgrade the RC. Besides, when you plug your phone to the RC and enter the camera view, does the app show "Disconnected"?
2016-5-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-23 17:41
Well done Donnie, well done!  :-)

That was nice, thank you

donnie
2016-5-24
Use props