4988 79 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 640203 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,  I know this isn't new but I'm pretty sure that it effects lots of people and hasn't really been resolved.
I'm a long standing Phantom operator and never once had an issue with firware updates even though they changed the proceedure a few times,  updates always worked for me.  I say this to try and demonstrate that I do know how to update firmware on DJI quads.  
I've been an Inspire Pro  user for around six weeks and just love the machione and the quality of the images the X5 produces.  I've only had to do one firmware update and all went well,  all versions are up to date,   quad, controller, camera and batteries.
When I am flying the Inspire I am getting lots and lots of "weak RC signal" messages and it's un-nerving me.  The bird seems to stay under control but the messages flash on and off the iPad screen pretty quickly and as I say its rather un-nerving.  My son had his Inspire Pro the same time as me and he has seen a few similar messages.  He is also running all the lates firmware versions.
If this is happening a lot and I suspect it is, I just wish DJI would step up to the plate and try and resolve the issue.
I've not got the faith in the Inspire as I did have with the Phantom 3.

Thank you

2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you please watch this video and see if it makes a difference.

2016-5-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since the last FW update, I notice these messages on my P3P, P4 and the Inspire 1 V2. I also, noticed that the Weak Signal message pops up on the screen but the radio strength meter is showing full power.

If I get this message before take-off I shut everything down and then power up once again. So far, I have not had this happened in flight.
I agree this is unnerving and most likely the software will be corrected in the next FW update.

Rich
2016-5-23
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you DJI Ken.  I'd seen the video a while back.  Yes, I do observe best practice because of the issue.My signal drop out happens at different heights and distances.  I do fly in mainly very rural areas but no matter where I fly it seems to happen.  My son who lives 300 miles from me has similar issues.
Yes RichJ53 there will always be a fix in the next firmware update, always!
Very concerning.
2016-5-23
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft

jjphoto Posted at 2016-5-24 00:35
Thank you DJI Ken.  I'd seen the video a while back.  Yes, I do observe best practice because of the ...

Ken- ever since the last update I start to lose signal or get the Weak RC Signal message at around 1800 feet away but within direct line of site. I also get it when the drone turns around for some reason. I can have a signal at 400 ft AGL and then rotate the Inspire. When it rotates the signal gets weak and comes back sometimes. It always happens behind trees I've flown behind before without any issue. It's all bad enough that I want to order the ITELITE-DBS02 range extenders.
2016-5-23
Use props
ThinAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659150 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jjphoto Posted at 2016-5-23 12:35
Thank you DJI Ken.  I'd seen the video a while back.  Yes, I do observe best practice because of the ...

Hi jjphoto,
Same here on my I1 v2.0. Since last update, i sometime get that message, flying at places that I usually never had problems with. Weaker output power ???? Hummmm....
2016-5-23
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it is certainly more common than we think.  DJI do need to look closely at the issue.  Another firmware update may cure the problem but what else will take it's place ?  I shall continue to use the Inspire but always at the back of my mind when I see the red Weak RC signal I will be thinking,  help I've got a flyaway !!!  DJI,  you have been warned (and not just by me ) sort it out!
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-5-24 00:19
Since the last FW update, I notice these messages on my P3P, P4 and the Inspire 1 V2. I also, notice ...

DJI said nothing has changed. Can you please post a screenshot and they asked for a DAT file as well.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2016-5-24 00:35

JJ, I juse posted what DJI has said.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SkySight Posted at 2016-5-24 01:13
Ken- ever since the last update I start to lose signal or get the Weak RC Signal message at around ...

I asked about complaints after updating and they say nothing has changed and you should see no difference. They said to please post a screen shot and a link to a DAT file and they will analyze it.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ThinAir Posted at 2016-5-24 04:43
Hi jjphoto,
Same here on my I1 v2.0. Since last update, i sometime get that message, flying at pl ...

Please see the above posts.
2016-5-23
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you DJI-Ken.  Will do.  A screen shot may be difficult because as I said the message flashes on and off quite quickly,  I'll give it a go though.  How do I get the DAT file ?
2016-5-23
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-24
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3

Mine is more random than anything. Doesn't happen every flight but it does happen more often than I care. I posted this same issue a few weeks ago while flying over a lake a little over 2000' away from the controller. Lost "video" transmission signal (clear LOS from the controller and antennas in correct position) but not control of the craft. Flipped it to the map screen and brought it back until the signal reappeared. Weird thing about that day was I was flying at the same time of day and only 1/2 mile away from where I flew it the day before. Weather was almost identical. Could have been atmospheric conditions or some other anomaly but it is a bit unnerving when it happens and it seems to be happening more since the last update. It ended up being so bad that day that I scrubbed my last flight as I didn't want to risk putting 5K into the lake. I flipped through every channel but none was better than the other. Just a bad day to fly for some reason.

I've put it up since then and not had any problems. It's just the randomness that makes it uncomfortable.
2016-5-24
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3

richardhurst Posted at 2016-5-24 19:49
I'm getting it every flight since the last firmware update but I am now beginning to believe it is a ...

Have you tried deleting the DJI Go app and reinstalling it? That seemed to work for me when I had a similar issue. I'm running two iPad Mini 2's (one with cellular connection) and the latest iOS.
2016-5-24
Use props
paulmcmullin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 847713 ft
United Kingdom

No Image Transmission or weak image transmission is an issue that is making my Inspire (with X5) unusable. This morning once again I have tried to sort it and I am only flying a short short distance away i.e. within 10mtrs
and it's constantly losing signal.
App: Version 2.8.1
Aircraft : Version 1.8.01.00
Remote Controller : Version 1.6.0
Camera : Version 1.8.01.00

I am not prepared to risk my craft and fly with this happening all the time. What is the solution? - I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling of firmware Go app to no avail.
HELP{:4_142:}
2016-5-24
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-23 15:03
DJI said nothing has changed. Can you please post a screenshot and they asked for a DAT file as we ...

Ken
It might be the App? I have not experienced any flight issues and this only happens sometimes when you first start up aircraft and connect to the Go App.  I really do not think it is an aircraft issue.... because I have seen this on all 3 aircraft P3P, P4 and Inspire 1 V2. Randomly and not every time I start up.
solution for me:
I just shut down the App (completely close it out) and the aircraft... then restart everything and it goes away.

If I can get a screen shot.. I will post it for you, but I do not think you will find anything wrong with the dat files.
I flew 2 batteries through the Inspire 1 and it was just fine today.

QUESTION:

Did DJI change the way the App opens in IOS? It does not ask me to trust (pop up) the software anymore.

Rich
2016-5-24
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-5-24 14:47
Ken
It might be the App? I have not experienced any flight issues and this only happens sometimes  ...

I have not seen any issue either but as RichJ53 points out the app does not ask for the "Trust" any more. That in my books is a good thing.

It would also be very interesting what users are using, IOS or Android devises.
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2016-5-24 14:57
Thank you DJI-Ken.  Will do.  A screen shot may be difficult because as I said the message flashes o ...

The DAT file is acquired by powering everything up and going into the main Controller Settings, Advanced Settings, Enter Flight Data Mode and follow the instructions.
Then find the flights in question and upload to Dropbox and post a link and I will forward it on. In your post please explain exactly what issue you were having with that flight.
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

richardhurst Posted at 2016-5-24 19:49
I'm getting it every flight since the last firmware update but I am now beginning to believe it is a ...

What device are you using?
it may be your device does not have the processing power to keep up with the app requirements.
Here is a list of approved devices.

iOS Version v2.8.1.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

paulmcmullin Posted at 2016-5-24 23:47
No Image Transmission or weak image transmission is an issue that is making my Inspire (with X5) unu ...

Can you upload a DAT file and video clip?
What flight environment are you flying in?
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-5-25 01:47
Ken
It might be the App? I have not experienced any flight issues and this only happens sometimes  ...

Thanks Rich, if there is no longer a "Trust" showing up then I think it may be your device settings. My iPad Air still asks when I connect to the Inspire and everything is on the latest.
2016-5-24
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-24 12:22
Thanks Rich, if there is no longer a "Trust" showing up then I think it may be your device setting ...

Hi Ken

I checked all of the settings, under general, Apps, etc. on my iPad mini 2 but could not find anything that has changed. It still does not ask to trust as it once did.

Anyway, one last question.... My inspire is drifting more than it used to... I recalibrated the IMU but still not rock solid like it used to be. Do you have an idea what to check?

Rich
2016-5-24
Use props
paulmcmullin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 847713 ft
United Kingdom

paulmcmullin Posted at 2016-5-24 16:47
No Image Transmission or weak image transmission is an issue that is making my Inspire (with X5) unu ...

Anybody? help
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-5-25 11:53
Hi Ken

I checked all of the settings, under general, Apps, etc. on my iPad mini 2 but could not f ...

Calibrate the compass.
Also, post a screenshot of the IMU tab and see what all the mod values are at. make sure the aircraft is outside away from metal when checking the mod values so the compass gives an accurate mod value.
Gyro should be zero
Accel should be .98-1.02
Comp should be 1000-2000
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Paul,
If you are seeing no image then weak image, something is up if you can't get signal at 10m.
Has it been crashed?
How long has it been doing it for?
Have you checked the cables and contacts?
If you have another camera, does it still do it?
What device are you using,
2016-5-25
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

paulmcmullin Posted at 2016-5-24 10:47

Paul, make sure your antennas are not crossed on the RC, they should be Vertical, not folded in and make sure they do not cross.  Also there are antenna's on the Aircraft, landing gear, there are labels to identify them as such on the aircraft, make sure they are not covered with anything, the sticker for the antennas are normal, some pilots have put reflectors over the antennas causing signal drop is the reason I ask.  

Check and make sure the Channel is set to Auto and Not custom, you may be on a bad channel.

Start here,

If you need more help or cant find the answer here contact me personally

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

Once  we get it sorted it should go at least 1 to 3 miles depending on conditions, 10 meters is not kosher, we will figure it out mate.

No worries.
2016-5-25
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Paul,good  thread and videos here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-39021-1-1.html
2016-5-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-24 12:22
Thanks Rich, if there is no longer a "Trust" showing up then I think it may be your device setting ...

examples

IMG_0147.jpg
IMG_0148.jpg

2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Not sure why you are no longer seeing "Trust"
What about the drifting, are your mod values where is said they should be and you calibrated the compass outside ?
2016-5-25
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, I must report the same behavior of Go app warnings others are experiencing recently ... Certainly not a comfortable scenario flying 5K worth machine within LOS radius ...
2016-5-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-25 07:06
Calibrate the compass.
Also, post a screenshot of the IMU tab and see what all the mod values are a ...

Hi Ken

Before new calibration in open area no metal etc.
IMG_0149.jpg
Signal poor screen shot in an area that I never have any problems
IMG_0150.jpg
New compass calibration  flight seemed okay, some drifting but I had windy conditions
IMG_0151.jpg
This is inside my garage still powered up after flight.... compass looks fine to me.

IMG_0152.jpg

What do you think?  FYI  I updated the Go App today 2.8.2
Rich

2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-5-26 08:17
Hi Ken

Before new calibration in open area no metal etc.

Rich, everything looks totally fine to me. The poor signal could be because your so close to the aircraft.
If there's still drifting with no wind and an IMU calibration/compass calibration doesn't help then maybe send it it to be checked out.
2016-5-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-25 19:22
Rich, everything looks totally fine to me. The poor signal could be because your so close to the a ...

Thanks Ken, I will try it again tomorrow...  I think it will be okay.... I hope

Rich
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-5-26 11:29
Thanks Ken, I will try it again tomorrow...  I think it will be okay.... I hope

Rich

I'm sure it's fine. If if drifts around with no wind and everything is calibrated correctly then let me know.
2016-5-25
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken,  sorry I've been away so not around this week.  I'll be back at it the week-end.  I'm using iPad Air 2 128gig so I don't think that is the problem.
thanks.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2016-5-26 15:42
DJI-Ken,  sorry I've been away so not around this week.  I'll be back at it the week-end.  I'm using ...

No problem,
2016-5-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Check your dji mail when you have a moment, no yank , just when you have a moment

donnie
2016-5-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-5-24 22:53
Hi Ken

I checked all of the settings, under general, Apps, etc. on my iPad mini 2 but could not f ...

Rich , if it is drifting  at Hover , check the Gain settings, see if they may have changed during an update.  I would go to higher numerical values on the gain until it gets a little to sensetive and then back it up about 5%.

Just move it in small increments until you find the sweet spot .  I know you know most of this stuff but sometimes we just need a little reminder.  ( Lord knows I need lots of them )

Also did you do the Update to 32 channels for the Video ?  Also check the Channel  that you are on, one time I had mine on custom and it somehow went to a lower channel that was swamped and I lost great  deal of range .  If you re load the Go app you will need to re load the 32 channel  "update " as well

Also maybe a re- link ? or rollback to 1.7 and 1.58 on the AC and RC .  And see if it goes away.   

donnie

2016-5-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

What did you figure out on this Paul ??

donnie
2016-5-26
Use props
12Next >