Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Good job.It would be better to make the video more brighter.
2016-5-23
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-24 08:02
Good job.It would be better to make the video more brighter.

thanks DJI-Paladin I did attempt to brighten the video but it was an overcast day
2016-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looking good, nicely presented, I wasn't too far away myself at Edzell trying to get in some flying time.
2016-5-24
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-24 11:25
Looking good, nicely presented, I wasn't too far away myself at Edzell trying to get in some flying  ...

hi Aardvark thanks buddy yeh we were pretty close how did ya get on?
is your video posted on here?
2016-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Toorboy Posted at 2016-5-24 12:49
hi Aardvark thanks buddy yeh we were pretty close how did ya get on?
is your video posted on here? ...

Well it was mostly about getting some flying time, nice quiet spot Here and Edzell old church. With my attention being mostly on getting some time in and testing the P4 to gain confidence. I've not put too much thought into the photo side of things yet. I could probably throw together a compilation of bits, but not done so yet.
2016-5-24
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-24 13:52
Well it was mostly about getting some flying time, nice quiet spot Here and Edzell old church. Wit ...

ahh right Aardvark the p4 is a nice machine 28 minute flight time sounds ace
& the speed it can fly is well cool
making compilations is nice but takes a bit of time. I screwed up my last compilation
with pirated tunes that my brother gave me & it wasn't till I posted it on Facebook
& the comments rolled in that I found out lol   im gonna wait till the price
drops on the p3p & pick up a back up
2016-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Toorboy Posted at 2016-5-24 14:11
ahh right Aardvark the p4 is a nice machine 28 minute flight time sounds ace
& the speed it can f ...

"I screwed up my last compilation
with pirated tunes that my brother gave me"

Yes, I was sure that Braveheart came to mind when I saw your last video. No harm done though and I would guess there's no 'bad publicity' for them.

I might put something together over the Summer.

The P4 was my early retirement gift to myself from myself, and so far seems to work well. I run it to 30% (that's about 17.5 minutes flight time) then change batteries, gives me a wide margin in case needed. The speed is useful for effect zooming out from a target where the props don't get in the way. Where I live is within the controlled airspace for Aberdeen airport so always requires a journey in the car to get some flight time/footage.
2016-5-24
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

yeh i run my p3 the same Aardvark 20%-30% i land it i have my critical warning set on 10%
if it goes below 20% it will try to autoland but i just cancel and land myself but i do try
not to let it go below 20%. iv not had to much problem with props on the p3 as i did on the p1
iv only pushed 25%-50% on the sticks at all times and try to fly on less wind days
but i am on holiday in a fortnight & going to blustry caithness so i have six days to nail
as much as i can so anything under 20mph is fair game but it wont be to stable it think
and poi is useless in that wind speed. ahh right enough Aberdeen airport i am down in Kirkcaldy
but iv filmed mostly everything down here so i am the same as yourself going on short road trips
for a few flights now. i am always on Google maps & Bing maps to have a wee nose about and on
Google maps you can measure the distances to fly your bird its dead handy that plus other peoples
photos on the Google maps as well to nose through lol
2016-5-24
Use props
ricky7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

Good job
love your work
2016-6-17
Use props
Advanced