Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrismid259
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797943 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

Tonight I went out at sunset and shot some video and images with P3 Adv. All good. I moved and shot some video in blue hour somewhere else for about 10-15 mins, then shot a few images and then some video again. I noticed that my last video stopped recording whilst I was landing but wasn't sure when it had stopped recording. It turned out that the recording stopped not long after I started recording.

When I viewed the video back, its recording perfectly for around 8 seconds, the stutters and goes black and occassionally shows green lines for about 3-4 seconds, then the video is perfect again. So, maybe not so much as stops recording but rather doesn't record correctly.

I am using a Sandisk Extreme 64GB Class 10. Saving video in MOV format and images in DNG format.

I may be at some risk of answering my own question here. But the only thing I can think of that may be doing this is that the card is struggling to save video that is being recorded and images that where taken seconds previously. Would I be correct in saying this?
2016-5-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

If it is a genuine Sandisk Extreme card, then it should be fine, they have adequate speed to cope with the task of recording stills and 4K video. But if it is a counterfeit card, then all bets are off. I am puzzled that you describe it as a 'Sandisk Extreme 64GB Class 10', as the Extreme series normally do not carry a 'Class 10' label, they are normally listed as 'SanDisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-1 64GB'.

Assuming for the moment that it is genuine, do you have a lot of files already on the card? that can make it slower to write to. Also, do you normally copy or cut the files off the card then put it back in the aircraft? Again, that can prejudice the performance. The beast method is to copy all the files off the card, put it back in the aircraft and then use the Go App to format the card in the aircraft. This will allow the card to perform at peak speed.

2016-5-23
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I had the same problem.

Only way to get round it is ..

1. Format SD card pre-flight.
2. Record videos.
3. Battery change - SD card change - repeat steps 1 & 2.
4. When your done remove your videos/media from SD cards.

I have three 16gb SD card one for each of my three batteries.

2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Chris, do other videos work well on your computer? Does this issue happen again when you record some new video?
2016-5-24
Use props
chrismid259
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797943 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

The card is genuine. I purchased the card from Amazon (sold by Amazon). I do have a number of files on the card, but it's no great amount of video and images compared to the size of the card. I'll try removing video and images to PC after flying.

Other videos work fine. Like I said in my original post, I spent around an hour flying last night and had no trouble, landed, took the drone somewhere else to fly then this problem occurred. This problem has only ever arisen maybe half a dozen times in the six months I've owned the P3.

I am taking the P3 out again tonight for video so will see what happens later. I'll format the card through the app too.
2016-5-24
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I have a P3A and have had the same issue. Sometimes I can do many flights with no issues other times it would occur many times in a flight. My fix was to format the SD card thru the DJI Go app.

This occurred a few months ago and then again recently. So I conclude once I have this happen more then once I will format my SD card then I should be good for a while.  
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

chrismid259 Posted at 2016-5-24 22:13
Hello,

The card is genuine. I purchased the card from Amazon (sold by Amazon). I do have a number o ...

What resolution do you use when recording? What mobile device do you use? Recording at high resolution along with the type of mobile device you're using could be affecting your cache video quality. Also, is it possible that you could have hit the record button when landing causing the premature stop in recording?
2016-5-24
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

healthy drones shows you the record time, but it will not tell u if you why it stopped.. i wonder if any of the internal logs on the aircraft keep track of what buttons were pressed when? Perhaps?
2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules