Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Odd behaviour right after lift off
1015 7 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hyeena
lvl.1

Finland

My DJI Phantom2 is been acting weird lately.
The Leds are flashing RED rapidly (sequence is green for satellites and fast rapid reds). Now, I live few kilometers away from airport and thought its the reason.

Last week after windy and not so stable flight (but still quite normal), the drone took sudden move during the very end of landing and crashed on shore rocks, near water (still uncertain about possible water splashes or not). After this the drone is not like before. Dont know if it was that before bad landing.

It takes off normally but goes right away few meters high and stays there. Almost impossible to flight at all. Landing isnt normal either. Is this some sort of safe mode? Is there way to test if some sensor or other device is broken?

Check button on the battery shows green leds

video of the behaviour.:

thanks in advance!

Jukka
2016-5-24
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Your video didn't show the Phantom's LEDs long enough during that short flight to get an idea of what is happening.  From your description of the rapid flashing red LED that sounds like a battery issue --  the obvious thing to try is swap batteries if you have a spare.  Also, have you hooked the Phantom up to the Vision Assistant software to see if it is detecting any errors?

LED flight Indicators.gif
2016-5-25
Use props
hyeena
lvl.1

Finland

gil Posted at 2016-5-25 13:31
Your video didn't show the Phantom's LEDs long enough during that short flight to get an idea of wha ...

Thanks for response. Yeah, the video was more about the takeoff where it goes well up without touching controller.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It looks like a battery issue because of the led blinking red quickly.Please try to make a full power recycling for the battery and check its status in the Assistant software.
2016-5-25
Use props
hyeena
lvl.1

Finland

Battery seems ok to me - or what?

2016-5-25
Use props
hyeena
lvl.1

Finland

led sequence seems to be no fly zone like here
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

hyeena@gmail.co Posted at 2016-5-25 22:27
led sequence seems to be no fly zone like here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XOsfhVb8z0

The battery status seems ok. Is the drone in NAZA mode or Phantom mode?
2016-5-25
Use props
hyeena
lvl.1

Finland

NAZA mode. Now which to start from, compass/GPS/antenna/ESC - what might give this odd behaviour?

Drone wonders in air. Is there way to test sensors?

My remote controller is 2.4GHz and thought that gopro wifi was the reason but no. It was not.
2016-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules