Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Weak image transfer signal" after update new Dji Go App !!
44139 420 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Gidday folks! Has anyone tried to uninstall the app, reboot device, install app, reboot device, yet? Or even fresh factory reset? I haven't had the chance to fly since the app update as its been raining everyday whenever the sun's up.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

This is 2 feet from the P4 inside the room: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmlqxj ... 2017.49.04.mov?dl=0

These 2 videos near the P4:
- https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hb9vb ... 2017.49.31.mov?dl=0
- https://www.dropbox.com/s/gg3vog ... 2017.50.02.mov?dl=0
2016-5-26
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 22:22
Can you guys that are having issues please sync your logs and completely remove the app, reboot the  ...

This worked for my P3A. So far I would say about 10 flights tested.
2016-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 15:22
Can you guys that are having issues please sync your logs and completely remove the app, reboot the  ...

I have tried all as you said, no change here, still getting artifacts and screen going blank with weak signal message. I have already passed video of screen blank and channel selection to DJI Paladin on another thread.

iPad pro 9.7, ISO 9.3.2, Phantom 4, DJI GO 2.8.2 and located in UK.
2016-5-26
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Is it possible for DJI to "rollback" the go app back to the previous version in the app store, while DJI can assess the current version problematic flight logs, so us pilots can fly our birds again? Cheers!
2016-5-26
Use props
jwt873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Just for info...

The upgrade has affected my iPad Air (the original one).   Even sitting in the same room with the drone beside me, I get flickers and pixelation.  (Removal and installation didn't help).

I wonder if this is just an iOS thing or is Android suffering too?  Narrowing down the affected devices would probably help DJI  find a fix.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-26 23:10
I have tried all as you said, no change here, still getting artifacts and screen going blank with  ...

So the suggestions worked for the previous post but not for you?
When you switched to custom and selected the best channel it still had bad video ?
I've been asked to get screen shots of the Image transmission Settings page and showing you are on the best channel in custom settings.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-26 18:24
When you switched to custom and s ...

How i can use that custom button? I try to push it but it will not activated..
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 10:22

This is like asking us to rotate our tires when the transmission fluid is changed in our cars.    I could understand if the apps didn't function properly or at all but deleting all of our data to beta test and trouble shoot DJI software is discouraging.

I should have backed up my iOS device and not placed so much trust in this software after the last update issues.  Shame on me.

Please ask R&D to expand their testing beyond the 10 hand picked drones that have no issues and test this software better.  

It's like piling more insults on top of the already existing ones we have.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

mactech Posted at 2016-5-26 08:30
This is like asking us to rotate our tires when the transmission fluid is changed in our cars.     ...

You really don't understand our testing do you?! We have  teams of beta tester over the world. Even still this stuff only happens when it hits public domain. If you don't want to help then don't. Others are willing to, making these type of comments is truly counter productive and I will ask you to please stop.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-26 08:10
I have tried all as you said, no change here, still getting artifacts and screen going blank with  ...

Did you try custom channel as I asked?
2016-5-26
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-26 23:10

no change on mine, too.
1.App reinstalled
2.r/c relinked
(Device: iPad air2 / ios9.3.2)

By the way, I have an iphone6 with DJI GO  2.8.1>> totally no problem at all!
2016-5-26
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 23:39

In my case, custom channel might get it better but still not solving the problem at all.
2016-5-26
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft

Same problem here after update
2016-5-26
Use props
Repaid1
lvl.3

Well with all the fallout (poor Ken) I just updated my App. I will note that even the last update did indeed have issues when I was close (15 Footish) I updated to the new version, Tested inside next to Aircraft, perfect video and signal. Took it outside in 20mph winds, (Nice hold BTW) took off and flew upwind 1000 ft. out and 150 ft. high zero issues. Pushed it out to 2600 Ft. still no issues. Conclusion: There is no real App Issue. IF the App was the issue then everyone would have the same errors. That being said I do not deny some may have issues. These may be caused by any number of things, and not helping DJI with requested information isn't helping. Most people admit they weren't in the know to back up, and to turn off auto update. This is simply something everyone using electronics and computers should know first hand so that is on you and your own faults, learn and move on. Again, still to act like you paid $xxxX Amount of money and there will be no issues is ignorant to say the least. How about helping the issue instead of griping? I am on iOS 8.4, Manual channel 20, All DJI equipment current to this min. Hang in there Ken and DJI gang...see ya back on RCG
2016-5-26
Use props
byob
lvl.1

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 10:04
Mjanzou

We need to collect data to provide to R&D so they can find the issue. It has nothing to do ...

Can you tell us what data you need and where we should send it.  I'm having the same issue as others, iPhone 6+, P3P, 2.8.2 update.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

byob Posted at 2016-5-26 09:25
Can you tell us what data you need and where we should send it.  I'm having the same issue as othe ...

Just provide data like johnchao411
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-5-26 09:03
no change on mine, too.
1.App reinstalled
2.r/c relinked

Thank you Sir!
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 22:54
This is 2 feet from the P4 inside the room: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmlqxj1baswzskf/Video%2026.5 ...

Can you also go outside with the same test so the RC and aircraft are in an open area ?
2016-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-26 16:24
When you switched to custom and s ...

"So the suggestions worked for the previous post but not for you?
When you switched to custom and selected the best channel it still had bad video ?"

That is correct Ken, and in Europe we do not have the option to chose the custom channel button without first changing location on our devices to US. Not really a long term solution.
Having tried custom channels I still get intermittent artifacts, I tried channels 13, 16 & 20. This is on an iPad pro IOS 9.3.2 and Phantom 4 with all latest builds.

EDIT :- same artrifacts on my iPhone 6s Plus after upgrade. No further testing done on it.
2016-5-26
Use props
qba73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Repaid, so you conclude its not an app issue and then blame everyone here for updating their app, nice.

Facts:

2.8.1 worked
2.8.2 weak trans signal/artifacts/flickering
and if you haven't read.. we all are having the issue, same exact issue

The only thing sets you apart from us is that we have the video trans set to auto (default) and you have it on manual (ch 20) rather than auto. Try it on auto and let us know if you get any glitches, that is how you can "help DJI" rather than basically telling us its in our heads and proclaiming the app not being the issue, when in fact your not in the technical position to do so...Don't mean to come across as an ass but did you even read what you wrote.

To the Admins, My apologies if I came across harsh..it was not my intention, just frustrated. I know the work you do is hard especially dealing with bugs, glitches. I'm just saying cant someone look at the code change from 2.8.1 to 2.8.2 regarding video transmission and narrow it down from there?

To follow up on the possible remedy, I tried the remove, reboot, reinstall, relink, still no go. (set to auto)
Hardware, P4 latest FW, controller latest FW, iphone 6 latest FW, Ipad mini 4 (cellular) latest FW, official apple cable, full charge. tested in field no power lines or cell towers.
Seems to me that the "auto" transmission function may be glitched and not rolling through the channels or something to that effect.
as repaid mentioned he is on manual and on channel 20 and apparently has no issues.

To further my testing,  I then took up my P3pro on app version 2.8.1 (wife's Mini, thank god auto update is off..lol) in same spot and video is crystal clear 5000 feet out and 300 feet up. (set to Auto)
I will try the Manual ch 20 later on the p4 with 2.8.2 (have to head to the office now)..but that would be a workaround not a fix to be honest.

2016-5-26
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

Tried all the proposed solutions and same problem here... iPhone 6 working perfectly until now, with the 2.8.2 update. I have the Phantom 2 meters away and i constantly get green screen and weak signal, which renders the Phantom 4 unusable !!

Could please provide us with a link to download the 8.2.1 IPA to reinstall manually ?

2016-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 16:39

Yes, please see thread further back
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 11:38
You really don't understand our testing do you?! We have  teams of beta tester over the world. Eve ...

I provided feedback about and helped above in my posts and have sent in flight logs to be analyzed.  Sorry that I expect better from DJI and not have and update with new issues appear.

This is a community forum and I can voice my opinions about the product I bought from DJI.   Currently I am facing 3 issues with my P4.   Forget #4 issue that a prior update rendered my Android tablet useless when it functioned fine prior to the encryption update.

1 - attitude drop
2 - horizon tilt and gimbal issues
3 - this new update issue

How else can the company know about how their customers feel?
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-26 09:52
When you switched to custom an ...

Can you please update your iOS to the latest?
2016-5-26
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

It appears as though the newer 'sdk' nicked the 32 channel hack? which is fine with me if the P4's auto channel worked properly.....

and the reason I had mine set to custom on channel 20 in the first place.

I get hd signal strength warnings running 282 in the same room with my home wifi disabled.... DOH!
On a ipad air 2, ios 9.3.2

It would be nice if dji could actually notify users of significant 'radio' changes, especially when their being used as a workaround.

However, I do like the simulator 'map' view working now..... nice touch.

2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mactech Posted at 2016-5-26 10:09
I provided feedback about and helped above in my posts and have sent in flight logs to be analyzed ...

Proving feedback is one thing, doing it in a counterproductive way is another. That was the point as I already stated.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-27 00:52
When you switched to custom an ...

I just wanted your test to be as interference free as possible to show that even in an environment free of interference it still does this. Since it is only happening to a limited amount of users I'm trying to get best case scenarios to forward onto R&D.
I have tried on several aircraft and Rc's and I only get good signal and cannot get the weak signal message to come up.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-26 19:52
Can you also go outside with the same test so the RC and aircraft are in an open area ?

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdhhdo ... 2020.05.30.mov?dl=0

I didn't have enough hands to see how the image is now working because there is a about 40mph wind but i hope you can see the bars
2016-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 18:11
Can you please update your iOS to the latest?

Sorry it was at 9.3.2 a typo on my part. So no change.

Also tried outside where there was less channel interferance. Still artifacts on video. 'Typically' about once every two minutes the screen goes completely blank for about 1-2 seconds with report message at top saying weak signal although full bars showing on vieo and control signal icons at top of screen, as can be seen in video.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-26 10:21
Sorry it was at 9.3.2 a typo on my part. So no change.

Also tried outside where there was less cha ...

Perfect, thank you!
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

Here is a video showing the problem on my iPad app.  

2016-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have now tried on iPhone 6s plus (IOS 9.3.2) inside, 2.8.2 removed. iPhone 6s plus rebooted. DJI GO 2.8.2 reinstalled. And still no change, still the same artifacts. I changed my location to US (sorry guys, one more mouth to feed ), switched to custom channels. Artifacts on channel 13 & 20 at both 4 Mb/s & 10 Mb/s, although in my perception there was less on channel 20. Switched back to UK location, and automatic mode produced the most artifacts.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mactech Posted at 2016-5-27 01:38
Here is a video showing the problem on my iPad app.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OwTK-7QiEQ

I'm not sure what issue you are having. The video looks good and I don't see the weak image message and your channels look good. The shorter the signal bar on the channel the better.
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-26 14:01
I'm not sure what issue you are having. The video looks good and I don't see the weak image messag ...

Look again.

At the start, the video drops out, screen goes black and comes back on.

That's what it does.  Drops out and screen goes black.  How is that not a problem?
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-26 14:01
I'm not sure what issue you are having. The video looks good and I don't see the weak image messag ...

At 2-3 seconds into the video the camera feed stops.

It's 5 feet away.  It didn't do this before today's update.   I see the video weak error not as often as the black screen which is related to the issue when it occurs.
2016-5-26
Use props
qba73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

mactech that's exactly what happens with mine whether on table or in air outside, black flicker cut out, comes back, artifact-ing, clears up, then black flicker cut out and back ..all the while weak trans signal...sporadic.

never happened before 2.8.2

hopefully it will be sorted out..def a bug somewhere
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

qba73 Posted at 2016-5-26 21:32
mactech that's exactly what happens with mine whether on table or in air outside, black flicker cut  ...

Same thing. I have never had any fpv problems in 2.8.1 it is worked 100%. The 2.8.2 first get pixelate, then the screen starts go black in 1-2sec, and after that it will go totally black and it says "weak image transfer signal" and it take 2-3sec.
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

qba73 Posted at 2016-5-26 14:32
mactech that's exactly what happens with mine whether on table or in air outside, black flicker cut  ...

I don't know why DJI Ken could not see this as an issue in the video.  
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

mactech Posted at 2016-5-26 21:51
I don't know why DJI Ken could not see this as an issue in the video.

It's sad if this is not a problem
2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules