"Weak image transfer signal" after update new Dji Go App !!
44160 420 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mactech Posted at 2016-5-27 02:51
I don't know why DJI Ken could not see this as an issue in the video.

I do see it, I was looking at the video signal quality.
Can you try this outside as well?
I've sent your video to R&D.Also, can you show the entire app screen.

2016-5-26
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

Indeed... until now my video stream was perfect... not a single cut even at 2 km away. Now it is absolutely cr*p... I installed the app in my girlfriend's phone and it is the same or worse.

Having paid 1800 € I expected a more serious customer service...
2016-5-26
Use props
PerspectivAIR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1628665 ft
United States

Just checked my iPad Air 2 and fortunately it still has 2.8.1. Tried a simple test with P4 in hand and just walking around the room.
iPhone 6 Plus (9.3.2) with GO app 2.8.2 has significant glitches at 1-2 meters away.
iPad Air 2 (9.3.2) with GO app 2.8.1 has no noticeable video dropouts at 1-2 meters away.Both iOS devices have wifi turned on and are connected to my house's network.
Then I took the P4 outside with the iPad running 2.8.1 and did a short flight up to 30m altitude and 100m downrange and the video was 100% stable (channels set to auto).

Thank goodness I have the older version!

2016-5-26
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Portugal

PerspectivAIR, could you please back it up with iTunes and upload a copy of the IPA somewhere ?
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

cayalag Posted at 2016-5-26 22:04
PerspectivAIR, could you please back it up with iTunes and upload a copy of the IPA somewhere ?

The 2.8.1 software package is at this moment like a gold i have cancelled todays video shootings because i don't trust this 2.8.2 at this moment..
2016-5-26
Use props
PerspectivAIR
lvl.1
United States

cayalag Posted at 2016-5-27 03:04

I don't think I know how to do that.
Plus, my iTunes is set to automatically install apps, so I don't want to risk wiping out this good version with the newer broken version that's on my Mac!
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PerspectivAIR Posted at 2016-5-27 03:00
Just checked my iPad Air 2 and fortunately it still has 2.8.1. Tried a simple test with P4 in hand a ...

Can you try the same flight with your iPhone on 2.8.2 and get some screenshots of the drop out if possible.
I'm trying to collect as much data as possible to forward on.
A video would be great as well.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-26 22:08
Can you try the same flight with your iPhone on 2.8.2 and get some screenshots of the drop out if  ...

If you didn't already found this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/otpou9 ... sfer_error.mp4?dl=0

This is the facebook live streaming clip, every time when the picture is pixeling in that clip.. the ipad will go black or freezes.. and every time it says that signal error, i have downloaded that from facebook.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

Here you can see what i mean about the pixeling: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh3ter ... 2022.24.45.mov?dl=0
2016-5-26
Use props
simonmd
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 09:44
I appreciate you understanding.. Please try the suggestion even if you have tried before.

If you ...

OK. I apologize for the long post, but I want to be as thorough as possible to help debug this issue:
Initial conditions

Hardware
  • iPad Pro 9.7 inch
  • Phantom 4 Drone
  • Phantom 4 RC: Serial 07JDD2K0010215
Software
  • iOS 9.3.2
  • DJI GO app 2.8.2

• Hardware acceleration on
    • Auto HD channel selection

• RC Version 1.6.0

About

About

Environment

• Distance from RC to P4: 4.5 mts
  • No HD signal noise
  • Hover at 1.5 mts and rotate around axis

Problem onset
     First 50 flight or so with no problems, some RC signal loss under non-ideal conditions over 1Km, video feed adequate. Yesterday could not fly due to an alert saying the main controller and gimbal could not connect. This was resolved by rebooting and switching batteries. Later in the day the video problems start.

Symptoms

• Choppy video
  • Low quality video
  • Video artefacts (screenshot)
  • "Weak image transmission signal" alert
  • Transient video feed loss
  • HD indicator shows full bars

HD Indicator - Full bars

HD Indicator - Full bars

Tests
✓Change device (iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.3 Public Beta) - Fewer issues but problem still there (contrary to my previous report)
✓Changing SD card - New Sandisk Ultra 64GB installed, no effect
✓Different battery - no effect
✓Refresh P4 Firmware (using DJI Assistant 2) - no effect
✓Remove and reinstall app (no reboot) - no effect
✓Remove and reinstall app (rebooting before reinstall) - no effect
✓Relinking RC to P4 - no effect
✓Removing other apps (Autopilot, CoPilot Basic) - no effect
✓Manual selection of HD channel - no effect

Auto:

Image transmission settings - auto

Image transmission settings - auto

Manual:

Image transmission settings - custom

Image transmission settings - custom

✓Disable hardware acceleration - no effect
✓Hover at 30 mts - video issues seem to be less frequent, but still there
☐Rollback firmware to previous version (using DJI assistant 2) - not tested yet (last resort)

Possible (unlikely) culprits why this problem showed up now
  • Apple's Test flight? Installed it the night before to beta test a photo app
  • Night before I played around with Autopilot app without flying
  • The day of the problems I tried to fly with a friend's Samsung Android phone. It is an older phone and locked constantly so we desisted.

Comments
  • Seems to get worse on descent and ascent. After a certain altitude it becomes less frequent

Flight records
HealthyDrones - Flight 1
HealthyDrones - Flight 2

DJI Phantom 4 Video issue Flight Records.zip (119.12 KB, Down times: 0)
2016-5-26
Use props
PerspectivAIR
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-27 03:08
Can you try the same flight with your iPhone on 2.8.2 and get some screenshots of the drop out if  ...

OK, I just did a flight with my iPhone and recorded it from my iPad so you could see what I see. You can clearly see the video lagging and dropping out completely in some cases. I also brought up the channels window so you could see if there's anything there that's a concern. Hope this is helpful!
Steve

2016-5-26
Use props
jwt873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Here's my contribution.  It's a 1:45 second video that I took of the problem and placed on DropBox.  It shows the Image Transmission Settings and the received video.

- I'm using an iPad Air with iOS 9.3.2
- Phantom 4 Drone
- The craft was 12 feet from the RC
- Both the RC and Craft had fully charged batteries
- The DJI Go app had been removed from the iPad and then reinstalled.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10425557/282vidprobs.mp4

Notice the random black flickering.  Check at the 40 second mark and the 1:33 second mark. There are complete video freezes prior to the screen going black.

For information, under 2.8.1 I was using a 'Custom' setting locked to channel 20.  This gave me a good mile range of clean video. (Unfortunately I can't fly today to check longer ranges because of wind and rain)

Changing 'Custom' to 'Auto' helped a lot with the lines and pixelation occurring with 2.8.2, but, the video freezes and black dropouts persist.

This never occurred under 2.8.1
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PerspectivAIR Posted at 2016-5-27 03:38
OK, I just did a flight with my iPhone and recorded it from my iPad so you could see what I see. Y ...

Thank you very much for the video, that's exactly what I need. it's been forwarded on.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

simonmd Posted at 2016-5-27 03:35
OK. I apologize for the long post, but I want to be as thorough as possible to help debug this issu ...

Thank you very much, this information is perfect. R&D has it.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-27 03:30
Here you can see what i mean about the pixeling: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh3ter9gddyn10u/Video%202 ...

All of the videos on this thread have been forwarded on, thank you very much.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-27 03:30
Here you can see what i mean about the pixeling: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh3ter9gddyn10u/Video%202 ...

2016-5-26
Use props
brad
New

United States

I should be getting a copy of DJI GO 2.8.1 tonight from my friends itunes. If it works i'll post the .ipa here for download. Hope it works, I WANT TO FLY AGAIN!!!!
2016-5-26
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Wow the most recent video's were much worse then I experienced before I "fixed" it. Mine did it a few times at the start of the flight (~35 seconds in) sometimes and sometimes at the end of my flight when I was coming in for a landing about 100 feet out. Yes my fix (or at least for about 10 flights with no issues) seems to be holding. I did what was suggested in this thread by DJI.
2016-5-26
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
United States

brad@humboldt1. Posted at 2016-5-27 04:33
I should be getting a copy of DJI GO 2.8.1 tonight from my friends itunes. If it works i'll post the ...

FYI I was having these sames issues on 2.8.1 and just deleted the app, rebooted my iPad, then reinstalled the app and it worked as expected. When I installed 2.8.2 I have not seen the issue.
2016-5-26
Use props
brad
New

United States

rreindl Posted at 2016-5-26 13:38
FYI I was having these sames issues on 2.8.1 and just deleted the app, rebooted my iPad, then rein ...

Yeah I don't know whats going on, I've been flying 2 phantom 4's , one with an iphone 6s and one with a ipad pro 9.6 both using 2.8.1 and have never had a single glitch until yesterdays update, now they are basically unflyable, so I will definitely go back to 2.8.1 if possible.
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-26 14:59
I do see it, I was looking at the video signal quality.
Can you try this outside as well?
I've sent ...

I would think loss of video signal is lacking in quality.  

It does the same thing outside in the middle of a field away from any devices.  

2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-26 16:24

Get your R&D team to repost the older version so we can use our Phantoms.

This is ridiculous as I can no longer fly my drone safely after having over 100 successful flights.

2016-5-26
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Portugal

I managed to fly for 20 min. Constant pixelation and weak signal a few times, with black screen several times... is the log useful ? I could upload it if needed
2016-5-26
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Portugal

And I agree with mactech... come on DJI... it is clear this version is a big chaos. It is much better to rectify and take it from iTunes, getting back to 2.8.1 than just let it there for everyone to upgrade and have unusable drones !
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mactech Posted at 2016-5-27 05:10
Get your R&D team to repost the older version so we can use our Phantoms.

This is ridiculous as I ...

I have reported it, it's happening to a limited number of people. The more data I can get from users the better. And preferably from a normal flight environment (outside).
I had tried my iPad Air and iPad Mini on multiple devices and have not experienced any issue.
2016-5-26
Use props
cegd2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133734 ft
Mexico

Hi, today I had the same issues explained on the previous posts.

I couldn't fly my P3S on the last 3 weeks so I can't compare with the previous version of the DJI GO app, but before that everything was fine with the video transmission.

I finally can get the 8.2.1 .ipa file of the DJI GO App

Just to check if this could be the real issue.

I hope this helps for now

Here is the file.

Download DJI GO APP 2.8.1
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

cegd2000 Posted at 2016-5-26 17:28

I couldn't fly my P3S on the last  ...

Thank you!!!!!
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-26 17:25
I have reported it, it's happening to a limited number of people. The more data I can get from use ...

For every one person that says it's not working, theres hundreds more that didn't report the problem or find it yet.  

FaceBook has a Very long thread about this issue and to downplay it by saying ' it's limited and you're not having the issue '  does not help those of us that are.

2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

cegd2000 Posted at 2016-5-27 00:28

Thanks!! Now i can use my Phantom again..
2016-5-26
Use props
j5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Add me to the list  -  I too am getting video dropouts with 2.8.2 on my iPhone 6s while standing a few feet away from the aircraft.  Tried a line of sight distance flight but only got 900 feet, and the P4 went to RTH.  At this location I typically get 3000 ft.

Is there an optimum install procedure?  Like a clean install?

Where can I get a copy of 2.8.1 ?

2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

I can't get this to install as it's linked to another account.  Are you able to restore it, if so how?
2016-5-26
Use props
itsagoodalife
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402467 ft
United Kingdom

Updated mine , choppy video and weak transmission , I love my P4 but seems like it ain't all that at the moment , I'm feeling very frustrated and extremely let down .....
2016-5-26
Use props
cegd2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133734 ft
Mexico

mactech Posted at 2016-5-26 16:09
I can't get this to install as it's linked to another account.  Are you able to restore it, if so  ...

I could because it's my own account.

I think there are some thirty apps that should work, but you need to test them.

one is iMazing, o this link should help.

http://techapple.net/2015/01/4-w ... ne-offline-methods/
2016-5-26
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
United States

rreindl Posted at 2016-5-27 04:33
Wow the most recent video's were much worse then I experienced before I "fixed" it. Mine did it a fe ...

DJI,

Well I did not have the issue yesterday and I just flew and had the issue but only on the first battery and the first 7 minutes. The second flight which was immediate did not have any issues. The only thing I did different between today and yesterday was calibrate my IMU.

I have iPad 2 Air, P3A with everything on the latest versions.
2016-5-26
Use props
santosmiguel91
New
Portugal

I have the same problem (Weak image transfer signal" after update new Dji Go App). I have a P4 and IPad Mini 4

I restore my Ipad from iCloud backup and now i have the DJI Go 2.8.1, and its ok!

2016-5-26
Use props
markkluge
New

United States

Having the same issue

Phantom 3 Pro (latest firmware)
Controller (latest firmware)
Dji GO (latest) on iphone 6+ with ios 9.3.2

Flew 3 days ago with no issues. Only change is that the app updated. Had this issue today with both batteries, and both locations I flew.

I deleted my app, reinstall, and relinked. Didn't help anything. I also manually tried changing the channel, but this didn't help either.

2016-5-26
Use props
decmanager2
New

United States

I experienced the same issue today.  The more I flew the worse it became.  I also hope that dji jumps on this.  I  have a working holiday weekend scheduled and need drone video.  
I guess I am luck, first real problem I have had with the P4
2016-5-26
Use props
decmanager2
New

United States

I experienced the same issue today.  The more I flew the worse it became.  I also hope that dji jumps on this.  I  have a working holiday weekend scheduled and need drone video.  
I guess I am luck, first real problem I have had with the P4
2016-5-26
Use props
bmetz9
New

United States

This will be my first post, and only found the forum because of this issue.  Just flew for the first time since the update and having read this this morning. I spent a good 20mins outside in an open area and am experiencing the exact same thing as in these videos. I basically find it to cut out so much that it isn't usable.  
Ipad air cellular, all up to date.  No issues before the update with a good 20 flights.  Haven't tried using my iPhone 6plus yet to see if it is also on there.  
Update: Just tried my iphone 6plus and same issues.  
2016-5-26
Use props
markkluge
New

United States

I think the file is linked to your itunes account some how. Wouldn't install via itunes and when I force installed it using (ifunbox) it wouldn't open on my phone. Well it opened and asked for itunes login and when using mine kicked me out of the app.
2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules