Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Weak image transfer signal" after update new Dji Go App !!
44152 420 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-29 20:53
Well my point is you should start backing your apps up to the cloud, this isn't the first time one ...

I have use Apple devices about 12 years.. and this is first time ever when "Minor bug fixes" update will crash the software.. But people has say that this is not the first time for Dji..
2016-5-29
Use props
ChildsTX
New

United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-30 02:01
I have use Apple devices about 12 years.. and this is first time ever when "Minor bug fixes" update ...

I am also having this problem and I reported it over a week ago. I have spent HOURS re-installing firmware. I tested the phantom 4 out in the middle of nowhere today and I still have the issue no matter how close the phantom is to the controller. I have flown the phantom for just over an hour at best. Most of that was before the firmware upgrade. In comparision I have spent 2 half days and several hours trying to research and fix this.
I was also in the market for the Inspire for proffessional work. However, after this that's highly likely. It would be like buying a bulldozer for your company that at any given time the manufactor could render it useless... I feel bad for anyone that not only wasted 2K for the phantom 4 but also was trying to use it professinally.

My original post is here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-53298-1-1.html. I got a whopping 2 replies.

I've spent over $2,000.00, as I am sure everyone else has, for basically a white shiny brick.  

My thirty day return policy is almost here and I will be returning the Phantom 4 if this isn't resolved. In addition I will post my experience in other forums, youtube and my own websites.

It's sad, poor customer service, and bad software development practice to release a faulty firmware version that breaks a product and then do little or nothing about it. At the very least this issue should have a sticky thread so all Phantom 4 users can see it. ALSO, DJI should stop warning users their firmware is out of date and prompting them to install the new faulty version in the Go App. In addition, DJI also states in in the handbook that if you do not update the firmware your Phantom will no longer be under warranty. Bad all around...
2016-5-29
Use props
pcebola
lvl.1

Hello everyone!
I was with the same problem. I decided to make the downgrade to the previous version (2.8.1)
I've done the test and everything is working very well.
2016-5-29
Use props
ChildsTX
New

United States

pcebola Posted at 2016-5-30 04:04
Hello everyone!
I was with the same problem. I decided to make the downgrade to the previous version ...

That didn't work for me
2016-5-29
Use props
pcebola
lvl.1

ChildsTX Posted at 2016-5-30 04:08
That didn't work for me

I followed all the steps and so far everything is okay.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/201 ... rsions-of-ios-apps/
2016-5-29
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Pcebola did you do on the computer or directly to iPhone/ipad
2016-5-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChildsTX Posted at 2016-5-29 21:08
That didn't work for me

And I used this "integer>817278603</integer>" which was third bottom on list not second bottom as you might expect. If I remember correctly I tried 2nd bottom and ended up with 2.8.2, and restarted again using third bottom. .
2016-5-29
Use props
pcebola
lvl.1

delignejose@hot Posted at 2016-5-30 04:16
Pcebola did you do on the computer or directly to iPhone/ipad

I did on the computer, as it is in the tutorial, follow all the steps, and right now I have the old version of the app.
That always worked well until the upgrade.
2016-5-29
Use props
pcebola
lvl.1

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-30 04:17
And I used this "integer>817278603" which was third bottom on list not second bottom as you might e ...

Yes this is correct (817278603) I also had to use this
2016-5-29
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

Used the charles method on windows and worked great. Now back on 2.8.1 dji go app.
2016-5-29
Use props
gazrex74
lvl.1
Australia

Im having the same problem video dropping out /glitching/ green screen altitude drop with the 2.8.2 GoApp ..
please advise on a solution before or I will return my phantom to Apple for a refund.
2016-5-29
Use props
ChildsTX
New

United States

gazrex74 Posted at 2016-5-30 05:09
Im having the same problem video dropping out /glitching/ green screen altitude drop with the 2.8.2  ...

Case in point on all of the replies... DJI: Make a sticky thread on the right firmware/DJI go app version with instructions.  

Your customers who just dropped 2K shouldn't be expected to spend hours following partial "Plug and Pray" methods reported by other users that got lucky.
2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

gazrex74 Posted at 2016-5-30 00:09
Im having the same problem video dropping out /glitching/ green screen altitude drop with the 2.8.2  ...

Only solution is that if you are old Phantom owner and maybe have the old 2.8.1 installed and you can take old backup from iCloud or iTunes. If you are a new user and you have new phanton, there is no solution.

Dji is not tell as you long this problem will take, is it days.. weeks.. month.. this is not the first time. I am the first who reported this problem 6 days ago.. and nothing is happend about fixin this..
2016-5-29
Use props
ChildsTX
New

United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-30 05:17
Only solution is that if you are old Phantom owner and maybe have the old 2.8.1 installed and you c ...

Actually I think I got you beat by I day. I am glad you posted and stuck with it though as I got zero feedback. This thread has been helpful. I can't imagine the time it's required to troubleshoot this for DJI... I had just bought mine and only got to fly it twice.

Also, I really don't feel comfortable DLing a third party app to HACK my IPad to install older versions of software from the app store. DJI needs to release a fix or add a link to DL the older version.
2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

ChildsTX Posted at 2016-5-30 00:23
Actually I think I got you beat by I day. I am glad you posted and stuck with it though as I got z ...

Yes the old version roll back to itunes is just one email, and Dji don't want to do that..This is incomprehensible. I understand that it is difficult to repair this problem , but an earlier application would be restored if Dji wants.. but... no. At this moment people are hacking the software from itunes and using a hours to get old software... is this good customer service ?
2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

gazrex74 Posted at 2016-5-30 05:09

Go to 2.8.1 with one of the two methods people are using..  The "Charles" method  (search this thread) or restoring from a backup on iCloud that didn't have 2.8.2 in it (turn off auto update first).  Either seems to work for those who have tried.  Other than that wait for DJI to come out with an update ..
2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

tomkes Posted at 2016-5-30 01:58
I restored my iPad by itunes where I was asked to choose one of the backups. I used one prior to the ...

Glad to hear it worked for you..  :-)  Keep that backup around and keep auto update OFF!!!!  :-)
2016-5-29
Use props
ChildsTX
New

United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-30 05:33
Yes the old version roll back to itunes is just one email, and Dji don't want to do that..This is i ...

Agreed. I am still within my 30 days so I am returning mine to Best Buy, along with the other DJI stuff I bought for it and the warranty I bought from DJI. Honestly, everyone with the issue needs to do that. It'll teach them a lesson in customer service. I'll happily let them take a hit for it and go buy a brand new one if and when they fix this.

On a side note: My CC info was stolen the day I bought the warranty from DJI's website.

2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

ChildsTX Posted at 2016-5-30 00:40
Agreed. I am still within my 30 days so I am returning mine to Best Buy, along with the other DJI  ...

You are right. That is wrong that we are reporting the problems and try to fixit by self.. and dji is not answer anything what we ask, just want that we test the software for free and maybe crash the drones because DJI brake the software! 2 of my friend here in finland just buy the Phantom 4 and ask why this picture is so bad.. and they don't want to wait, they will return the drones.
2016-5-29
Use props
ChildsTX
New

United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-30 05:44
You are right. That is wrong that we are reporting the problems and try to fixit by self.. and dji  ...

My father was going to buy one until he saw mine in action.
2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

ChildsTX Posted at 2016-5-30 00:52
My father was going to buy one until he saw mine in action.

I am 100% sure that the Dji will fix this problem (maybe next 2 months?).. but that how they answer the feedback and report customers is terrible... for the customer service i will give a 0.5 / 5
2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-30 05:44
You are right. That is wrong that we are reporting the problems and try to fixit by self.. and dji  ...

With all due respect..  DJI Tim and Bladestrike have requested everyone to please post as much as they can about their individual issue and he has been in direct contact with China who is aware of the issue.  I'm not forgiving past transgressions by them or the fact that I also believe the need to get a better control on their development, but pound for pound (or gram for gram) they're still one of the best flying drones out there (and agreed when they're flying).  Try to get back to 2.8.1 but grab what info you can on 2.8.2 (flight logs, screen captures, etc.) and post it here to help them get a fix out...  Getting back to 2.8.1 should get you flying again..
2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-30 01:19
With all due respect..  DJI Tim has requested everyone to please post as much as they can about the ...

Yes that right. But also they can return the old 2.8.1 software to iTunes like all other who are releasing apps.. but for some reason Dji don't want to do that.. At this moment Dji is not even saying that they have any problem, they report "This has been reported only in a few users".

I have no idea why people say "just return to 2.8.1" - if Dji broke the software, do you really mean that i am using my time to fix hacking the iTunes to get old software and i can fly my drone? Are you kidding?
2016-5-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-29 23:21
Yes that right. But also they can return the old 2.8.1 software to iTunes like all other who are re ...

What people are saying is that there is a choice, DIY and be up flying in an hour or less, or you can wait days or weeks for a fix.
2016-5-29
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Rolled Back to 2.8.1 all ok now using charles
2016-5-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-29 14:01
I have use Apple devices about 12 years.. and this is first time ever when "Minor bug fixes" update ...

Plain and simply DJI only tells you a small percentage of what there  changing when they update firmware or there go app, they have become very dishonest when it comes to these things, very sneaky.
2016-5-29
Use props
bmetz9
New

United States

I don't see a reason to vid my screen showing green glyphs, cutting out, and showing weak transmission signal with full bars, like the others here with the same vid.  Seems like it would be far more helpful if they started to take a list of what iPad/phone people were using and how it was all spec'd
2016-5-29
Use props
raywongmusic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3747 ft
Hong Kong

Dji Ken,
Here's my contribution the proof of video issue, please let me know if you need more.

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/videos/share/dji-go-2-8-2-video-problem?account=raywong

2016-5-29
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

Hi DJI-Ken, hi DJI-BladeStrike,

iPhone6+ 9.3.2  DJO Go 2.8.2 Phantom 4. First flight with the update showed clearly a different behavior. My iPad with 2.8.1. is not longer recognized.
I noticed that I had a new update while I switched the phone on, minutes before I wanted to fly! My mistake to leave auto-update on, but it introduced uncertainty. Out in the wild getting a new software to know is a weird feeling. (Before that, I was busy informing Heliports...)

Compressed - 155MB zip
https://www.amazon.com/clouddriv ... _ph_share_link_copy

It is easily recognizable that there was a drop of signal, as the image "jumps" -- go to 0:38 and at 0:39sec it is already elsewhere. Not much, but it scared me in the first second.

Some partial drop-frames are all over the place, but nothing seriously disturbing in my case as the long and complete black out mentioned above.

I tested exposures here, so don't wonder about the over and under exposure.

In the link, 155MB, is also the flight report.

Please let me know when you have downloaded the file, so I can take it from the server, thanks.

=======

I work since a decade in company where part of my time is spend in beta software testing. I understand that with even a large group some stuff might show up after beta, based on the amount of variables. Perhaps it would be nice to have a larger early access group for the release candidate available; Or just leave stable software for a moment online to roll back. For my RED that is a constant option, to go even more releases back.
I'm aware that some firmware updates sets a limit for that roll-back.

My best wishes and thanks for managing this.

2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-30 06:21
Yes that right. But also they can return the old 2.8.1 software to iTunes like all other who are re ...

Agree with Aardvark..  Get upset at DJI all you want..  You have a right to be upset, but help make it better... not for them, but for you and everyone else, supply the info and do what others have already done.. Use one of the methods to get 2.8.1 back on and start flying again.. Choice is yours.  As for just putting 2.8.1 out there again, I'm not even sure that app store would recognize that as a viable "upgrade".  Maybe if the put a 2.8.2.5 with big letters "THIS IS REALLY 2.8.1 AGAIN"..  Just making it available for download doesn't bypass App Store making sure you're using an upgrade.
2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

R&amp;L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-30 07:16
Plain and simply DJI only tells you a small percentage of what there  changing when they update fi ...

No software company gives the full scope of an issue (or very rarely)..  If they did, Microsoft would have been out of business not long after Windows 3.1 came out. It's reality.. that's not to say DJI can't or shouldn't be more up front..

At this point, pulling 2.8.2 from the app store would be advisable unless they can state categorically a fix is on the way for those affected OR say which combos of hardware are affected..  I still believe that there are too many variations that could lead to this only hitting some percentage of the population (although don't think I recall seeing anyone saying 2.8.2 is fine yet).  Some of this may be Apple as well.  The last big one was and it took Apple to come out with 9.3.2 to finally fix that one..  There are a lot of moving parts and pieces here..
2016-5-29
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-30 13:14
No software company gives the full scope of an issue (or very rarely)..  If they did, Microsoft wo ...

Hi Imagebyjas

> No software company gives the full scope of an issue

Strongly Disagree With Your Statement Above.

Any Mature and Creditable company or software development team will disclose detailed set changes in Release Notes, that are made available to anybody who wants to see them.

In a previous life I worked as a Program Manager for such a company and Managed the SDLC release to market..., The SW Dev and Test Teams I managed were PROUD of our accomplishments, as well as the fact that we had Nothing to Hide!!!

..... one of our signoff points, before Any SW/FW was released, was ensuring an accurate set of detailed notes were updated & made available......

Just take a look at how detailed the release notes (including Known Issues, Limitations and Suggested Workarounds) of a product that I once managed, are..
http://downloads.sophos.com/readmes/sesc_cloudserver_rneng.html

If DJI could just make the effort to release the equivalent to even "Half" of the above, for its GoApp/Aircraft/RC, even as a plain .txt file it would be Amazing!!!......, rather then as R&L Ariel puts it..., very dishonest and very sneaky.

2016-5-29
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-30 13:14
No software company gives the full scope of an issue (or very rarely)..  If they did, Microsoft wo ...

Following from my post above...., COMPLETLY AGREE with your second Paragraph.
> At this point, pulling 2.8.2 from the app store would be advisable ...........................

2016-5-29
Use props
Wolfgang G
lvl.2

when we finally gonna get a perfect hardware and software ....
2016-5-29
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

Wolfgang G Posted at 2016-5-30 15:45
when we finally gonna get a perfect hardware and software ....

I Ain't Holdin' my Breath, Just yet...!     

(Please read...., especially last 2 paragraphs below, right at the end.)  

I hold my tears till im underwater
So yall don't never see me cryin
Holdin my breath till I can resurface
But I can feel myself dyin

Too long without oxygen in my lungs
Maybe im tired
Maybe its time for me to breathe easy
But I could never let you see me

Give in to bein underfire
No matter how short I breathe I get
Cause to let it show is to let you know
At times how weak I really get

And im trying to be strong for the both of us
Hold on for the both of us
But how long can I hold by breathe
For the both of us

Its too much on my shoulders here
And I just cant cope with it
Knowin deaths round the corner
And im standin so close to him

Im supposed to show no emotion
But its getting harder to focus
Cause the reality of my life here
Is that I have no control of it

Feel the need to come up for air
But with you there I must hold it
And yeah I know how close I come everyday
But I could never let you know it

Its too much for you to feel my pain
So I send you all smiles
Holdin my breathe telling you its alright
But the truth is im drownin

Chorus
Sample is saying “holdin my breath for you”
“so you never see me crying”

v2
this is so close to bein over
but we aint left here yet
and its been rainin the whole time
but I managed to never get wet

while those around me soaked
from the moment the first convoy left
but who knows cause the way things goin
any day now I could be next

and I aint trying to see yall back home
with my problems on your chest
so the truth evolves into what I think you need to hear
just to relax

so for you im always at my best
I continue to see clearly
But I could never lie to myself
And the truth is im more than a little worried

But that part of my heart
Stays closed when im on the phone with my family
How can I expect them to handle something
Im havin a hard time handling

And as strong as I may be
Can carry this weight forever
Cause im fallin apart underneath it
Trying to piece myself back together

Hopin for the best
But at times the worst seems to get the better of me
So its everything I got not to let you see
Whats really troubling me

Can feel my lungs under pressure
And they are beggin me to breathe
But I cant, not with you standin there
So I hold my breath till you leave.

I wish DJI Would pull out 282
So I could just downgrade too
That would be a breath of fresh air
For my Copter to take to Air

Thus far i've waited too long
For release notes to come along...
I wish they would just admit
That 282 was full of Sh*t.

2016-5-29
Use props
sl44er
lvl.2
United States

qba73 Posted at 2016-5-25 23:34
Same issue here after the dji  app update today, video transmission is spotty with flickering black  ...

Disabling hardware decoding somewhat reduced weak signal, blank images, and green blotches.  Using Charles to roll back DJI Go App revision from 2.8.2 to 2.81 cured all video and weak signal problems.   

2016-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-30 06:47
I Ain't Holdin' my Breath, Just yet...!     

(Please read...., especially last 2 paragrap ...

How poetic

p.s. should second last verse read 281 ?
2016-5-30
Use props
dawidm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2171801 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Indeed, the change from 2.8.2 to 2.8.1 is now well. Ipad4 9.3.2 and Ip6s 9.3.1 it's good. the weekend I flew a lot (to 2.8.2) these bugs were terrible, I was flying high in the mountains (about 2000 meters above sea level) Movies recorded drone, have no errors, are clean and smooth. Only there was a problem with a preview. Recordings are good.
2016-5-30
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

dawidm Posted at 2016-5-30 19:14
Indeed, the change from 2.8.2 to 2.8.1 is now well. Ipad4 9.3.2 and Ip6s 9.3.1 it's good. the weeken ...

Great video and now I want to go there!
2016-5-30
Use props
husstodd
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 10:22
Can you guys that are having issues please sync your logs and completely remove the app, reboot the  ...

I'm a newbie.  I have no idea how to do any of this.

I did try to change channels in HD section.  When i hit custom, it moves it back to Auto
2016-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules