Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Weak image transfer signal" after update new Dji Go App !!
44151 420 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

dawidm Posted at 2016-5-30 19:14
Indeed, the change from 2.8.2 to 2.8.1 is now well. Ipad4 9.3.2 and Ip6s 9.3.1 it's good. the weeken ...

Great video and now I want to go there!
2016-5-30
Use props
husstodd
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 10:22
Can you guys that are having issues please sync your logs and completely remove the app, reboot the  ...

I'm a newbie.  I have no idea how to do any of this.

I did try to change channels in HD section.  When i hit custom, it moves it back to Auto
2016-5-30
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-30 11:14
No software company gives the full scope of an issue (or very rarely)..  If they did, Microsoft wo ...

I am not having issue with 2.8.2 both on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s for my P3A. By having some people with no issue and some with is going to make it much more difficult to get to the route cause and fix. That's why its very important for everybody with issues to post as much details (video, etc) to this post to help get to  solution quickly.
2016-5-30
Use props
dawidm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2171801 ft
  • >>>
Poland

rreindl Posted at 2016-5-30 14:22
Great video and now I want to go there!

The first day of trips to the mountains updated the application, I wanted to FB Live strem ;)  then I had bugs "Weak image transfer signal" I thought it was because I'm in the mountains. Then I read this thread. Bugs were terrible, lasting 3-4 seconds, I do not have a preview, I thought that I had lost my aircraft.
2016-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rreindl Posted at 2016-5-30 13:30
I am not having issue with 2.8.2 both on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s for my P3A. By having some pe ...

This post is in the Phantom 4 section, I had assumed it might only be a P4 problem, your post seems to back this up, that there are no problems of this type with the P3 range using DJI GO 2.8.2.
2016-5-30
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-30 12:14
Hi Imagebyjas

> No software company gives the full scope of an issue

Talking about two different things (and sorry if I wasn't clear). I DO agree that the release notes are at best thin.  My comment was broadcasting the full scope of an issue when found.  Doing that could also lead to additional breaches in security, reduction in sales, changes in marketing direction (if something turned out to be really severe), etc.  I too managed development and test, at a very large company.. testing was no less strict, code releases and life cycle management from start to finish managed daily and even with ALL that in place mistakes happen.. It can be architectural/design in nature, human error, the ever present "one ore line of code", etc.  Point is development is not perfect. Testing sometimes worse (testing always seemed to suffer)  :-( ...

Want cannot happen (and what I fear I'm seeing happen) is that we now have a somewhat fragile code base and multiple configurations that are being serviced by one base code set.  I understand the need for modularity.. It is a bedrock principle in coding these days, but that only works if the base is solid and where modules have clean and clear input and output designs.

I'd much rather have DJI slow down.. Get back to a rock solid code base and work from there.  To add problems on top of problems only creates more problems on top of problems and fixes on top of fixes.

NOW all this said, I do not for an instant pretend to know just how complicated this code base must be.  I cannot imagine the amount of data that has to be processed - realtime (not in batch) - to make these things do what they do.  Telemetry programming is a science onto itself.. One I can't imagine the depths of..  Which is why I'm cutting them "some" slack...  but they must see that patience is wearing thin..  IF (and this is the big question after all) they truly care, they'll recognize, reorganize, re-architect, re-code, etc.  Do what's necessary to get a handle on this..  The sad truth otherwise, in these days of much less customer loyalty, is that people will take their business elsewhere and not lose a wink of sleep over it.

Again (as I mentioned earlier).. Windows is a perfect example.. Think of how many different code bases that continue to have to be supported, in part, because the later version was built on an older one.. A problem deep in the earlier code effects them all..  and try unwinding that code to figure out where the issue is.
2016-5-30
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Wolfgang G Posted at 2016-5-30 13:45
when we finally gonna get a perfect hardware and software ....

Truly?  Likely never...  Don't think it exists in anything..  Perfection is far too much of an absolute...  :-(
2016-5-30
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

dawidm Posted at 2016-5-30 19:14
Indeed, the change from 2.8.2 to 2.8.1 is now well. Ipad4 9.3.2 and Ip6s 9.3.1 it's good. the weeken ...

Beautifully done..  Can I ask your camera settings, any filters used, gain/expo, manual/auto? frame rrates, shutter speed, etc. Very smooth...
2016-5-30
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-30 20:55
This post is in the Phantom 4 section, I had assumed it might only be a P4 problem, your post seem ...

Not sure..  Went back and looked and saw a few people with P3 (somethings) that said they had the problem..  That said, there is certainly a lot of P4 people chiming in..
2016-5-30
Use props
dawidm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-30 15:51
Beautifully done..  Can I ask your camera settings, any filters used, gain/expo, manual/auto? fram ...

Filter Lens CPL, 4K, 25 f/s, Color setting: D-Cinelike, Exp +0,7, Auto (ISO100) AE blocked in the cloud point in the sky, White Balance:Auto, Style; Landscape,  I was flying slowly and stable. In Adobe Premiere Pro, improve contrast and shadows.
2016-5-30
Use props
Pipobike
lvl.1

Liechtenstein

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-5-29 05:07
"FPV camera" is fine to use, or you can switch off the "hardware decoding" in "DJI go" to get bett ...

@johnchao411: Thanks for hints.

I did everything recommended here by DJI - including your hint forwarded from Aardvark.

The combination "Relink RC+craft" together with "Hardware decoding" set to OFF, helped a tiny little bit, but is still not the same quality and stability as before.

Cheers, Roland
2016-5-30
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

What's sad is the lack of official DJI assurance that the issue will be handled diligently and offering a replacement version to download and regress easily to the last version.

Very poor customer service along with way too many issues, this is like throwing salt in our wounds.

My nephew was going to buy one until he saw how well it worked yesterday.
2016-5-30
Use props
bluegrassaudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18196 ft
United States

mactech Posted at 2016-5-30 11:01
What's sad is the lack of official DJI assurance that the issue will be handled diligently and offer ...

Really stinks they did this update right before a holiday week without proper testing. Very disappointing
2016-5-30
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-30 00:17
I am 100% sure that the Dji will fix this problem (maybe next 2 months?).. but that how they answer ...

0/5 is more than enough !!!
2016-5-30
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

For all still unable to fly...  There are a number of ways to get to 2.8.1, including someone who was kind enough to provide a downloadable .ipa file for 2.8.1 to install via iTunes.  Please provide DJI with what data you can before (and perhaps after) moving from 2.8.2 to 2.8.1...
2016-5-30
Use props
mikeleeaustin
New

I to am having the same video feed problems. It freezes and gets glitchy. I have not been able to get more than a couple secs of clean video. The HD is jumping all over the channels and none stay in the green for very long. I just bought this and have 1 hr on it. It has never asked to update the app so I will assume I've been on 2.8.2 from the beginning. The saved files are useless. It has always flown fine though. I tried everything that was posted in the forums except going back to 2.8.1 which I just did with the app. Waiting on a battery to charge. Do i have to do anything to the p4 itself?

Thanks  
2016-5-30
Use props
tg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3577618 ft
Sweden

Today was even the RC signal weak and my P4 was in trouble. The video signal is a disaster.
Before 2.8.2  DJI Go and P4 was outstanding stable.
I will not fly anymore before 2.8.3.
2016-5-30
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-30 21:29
For all still unable to fly...  There are a number of ways to get to 2.8.1, including someone who wa ...

That is not the easy way to get it to work.. i have used today 3h to get that work and i didn't know what to do.. The .ips is not working because it is linked another iTunes profile.

We know that Dji can ask iTunes to roll back the software, but they don't want to do that.

So Dji: if you think that i will buy after Phantom 1, Phantom 4 and Inspire 1 a new phantom in future: no... NEVER!
2016-5-30
Use props
jakdaniel1975
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105902 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Here is the ipa file of version 2.8.1 ... I took so long to post it?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.co ... 0GO%202.8.1.ipa.zip

P.S
  sorry I used google translated ...
2016-5-30
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

jakdaniel1975 Posted at 2016-5-30 22:45
Here is the ipa file of version 2.8.1 ... I took so long to post it?

https://dl.dropboxuserconte ...

It's not working because it is installed other iTunes account.. it just says "Installing......" and try to find the account, so it's not working.
2016-5-30
Use props
jakdaniel1975
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105902 ft
  • >>>
Italy

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-30 21:47
It's not working because it is installed other iTunes account.. it just says "Installing......" an ...

copy .ipa into folder your itunes
2016-5-30
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

jakdaniel1975 Posted at 2016-5-30 22:59
copy .ipa into folder your itunes

Done that.. but it still says only "installing....." - 30min wait now.
2016-5-30
Use props
oberhammer01
New

United States

rreindl Posted at 2016-5-30 04:30
I am not having issue with 2.8.2 both on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s for my P3A. By having some pe ...

Add me, yet another person who is having this problem.

Have had my drone for about 3 weeks. I have the executive bundle from Drone world. It has the range extender on it. It is a Phantom 4. I did the update and now I get the black screen, green screen and the glitching.

All my stuff has the latest updates. I even tried installing IOS beta. That did not work.

I am in the process of downgrading to 2.8.1 via iCloud backup.

BTW, I had a fly away with a phantom 3 professional about 5 weeks ago so, I have been burned already by poor software / firmware / hardware by DJI. However, I do like flying drones and realize we are at the beginning stages of this drone hobby. Technology is moving rapidly.

Like just about everybody else, I agree DJI is using us as beta testers and they are putting out poorly vetted software and firmware.

If another company made a better drone with better software and around a similar price, I would switch.

DJI is not doing itself any favors by making so many people mad and frustrated.
2016-5-30
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-31 04:10
Done that.. but it still says only "installing....." - 30min wait now.

If the .IPA method is not working, use either the "Charles" method described in the thread or a restore from a back up from before 2.8.2 was installed.  If you have a back up, it is a relatively painless and easy way to go.  The "Charles" method works, but you just have to carefully follow each step.. Both have been successfully used..  Again, if you are going to restore from an iCloud backup make sure that automatic application updating is set to OFF...
2016-5-30
Use props
scarzee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 613406 ft
Australia

dawidm Posted at 2016-5-30 21:14

stunning.... where is that?
2016-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

scarzee@hotmail Posted at 2016-5-30 23:05

See post 131 for details, it works but follow carefully step by step, watch the video a couple of times.

Edit:- just re-read your post, or at least what you were pointing to, I made a complete mess of that
2016-5-30
Use props
IRP
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-30
Use props
pocketpair25
lvl.1

United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-30 14:29
For all still unable to fly...  There are a number of ways to get to 2.8.1, including someone who wa ...

It's not up to the customer to fix or revert back to old software to get back in the air.  It's up to DJI.
2016-5-30
Use props
gazrex74
lvl.1
Australia

Dji please make 2.8.1 available, If you cant at least do this in the next 24hrs i only have another day till my apple return warranty expires, I will be forced will return my phantom 4 to Apple for a full refund
2016-5-30
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

pocketpair25 Posted at 2016-5-31 06:44
It's not up to the customer to fix or revert back to old software to get back in the air.  It's up ...

I'm not going to disagree with that, but IF you want to fly, as many do, right now it is the fastest way to get there.  DJI has made it clear that they would truly like customer info to be posted to help narrow down the issue.  If you're so inclined, post yours (seems like most are posting a video).. then if you want to fly now, revert to 2.8.1 with one of the methods several of us have posted.  If you'd rather wait for a fixed version of the app, that is of course up to you.  Folks are just trying to help get other folks flying again..
2016-5-30
Use props
gazrex74
lvl.1
Australia

Yes I have sent all my info in by email to Dji.
It's just bad timing that my apple return policy ends 2moro.
I dont want to return the phantom4 but it feels as its the only option .
I know Dji will fix the
issues eventually.
2016-5-30
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Thanks too Sploodge, I rolled my go back to 2.8.1. Works flawlessly as it was!
2016-5-30
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Same here sploodge is the man
2016-5-30
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

gazrex74 Posted at 2016-5-31 10:34
Yes I have sent all my info in by email to Dji.
It's just bad timing that my apple return policy end ...

If you like your phantom 4 then restore your dji go app back to 2.8.1 from your backup or use Charles method to get 2.8.1.
The app 2.8.2 has problem, for sure dji will fix it but it might take long times to wait.
Return phantom 4 is your choice but will you buy it again? if you do then no point to return because the app has bug.
I live in Victoria, Australia and helped few friends to go back to 2.8.1 version, if you want I can help you out.
good luck
2016-5-30
Use props
gazrex74
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks hungdang , im not very good with computers
so I haven't attempted to roll back the app.
I only have samsung laptop thats 4yrs old running windows 7 so not confident after reading and watching  t helpful post that Sploodge posted.
2016-5-30
Use props
raywongmusic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3747 ft
Hong Kong

there’s only a limited number of people complaining about the video issue here, under a hundred I guess?  out of the tens of thousands of Phantom sold?   that’s a very small percentage to the manufacture’s eye.  Don't be surprised if you have to wait weeks for a new update.
2016-5-30
Use props
agilarmanuel
lvl.2

raywongmusic Posted at 2016-5-30 20:03
there’s only a limited number of people complaining about the video issue here, under a hundred I g ...

are not alone guys  same problem with me
2016-5-30
Use props
bradvbradley.ma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22657 ft
  • >>>
United States

raywongmusic Posted at 2016-5-30 21:03
there’s only a limited number of people complaining about the video issue here, under a hundred I g ...

You better go look on other Phantom 4 forums and Facebook uaergroups. The complaints are all over the place. Droid users might not be complaining, but IOS users are getting killed. We are basically grounded.
2016-5-30
Use props
dawidm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

scarzee@hotmail Posted at 2016-5-31 00:05

Tatra Mountain in Poland (Europe)
2016-5-30
Use props
Pipobike
lvl.1

Liechtenstein

Found a link where to download DJI GO 2.8.1 iOS, link is valid for 7 days.

https://www.wetransfer.com/downl ... 160531061128/1c2ea6

DJI, please appreciate...
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules