Wii U Controller!!!
1680 7 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KobyLazar
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone, I was recently at a friends house and saw a Wii U controller (Gamepad)... I quickly thought how useful it would be to have one as a controller for the Dji inspire, just hear me out.

1. All of the buttons are in hand's reach and can be custom coded to do different things
2. Two joysticks for pitch and yaw
3. A battery that can be charged
4. A big screen that is very bright
5. Touch screen

If we could make this a community program and setup some rc going with this, it could really be a big hit. Any comments???
2015-1-19
Use props
KobyLazar
lvl.1

United States

No comments, wow....
2015-1-19
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

That's because the Inspire controller is based on the industry standard. You're not going to find much support for deviating from that model. Because the look and feel is going to be the same as any other major brand drone or model aircraft and it's nice having that kind of consistency.
Just my 2 cents.
2015-1-19
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United States

It's a cool concept, but I think it would be a lot of work to get it to communicate with the Inspire's Lightbridge. The Wii U controller uses a proprietary Wi-Fi connection to communicate with the console. It also has a relatively low resolution (854x480) and poor quality display compared to today's low-cost tablets.  

I think the form factor is really interesting, however. The whole idea of a center monitor and controls on either side is pretty intuitive. I'm sure DJI could offer something like that, but using a tablet is more cost effective because you can keep using a tablet when you're done flying.

As crazy as it sounds, it would probably be easier to hack/dissect the current Inspire controller, extend the stick and button locations, add a tablet in the middle, and 3D print a new case around the whole new thing.
2015-1-19
Use props
KobyLazar
lvl.1

United States

mark@22digital. Posted at 2015-1-20 12:19
It's a cool concept, but I think it would be a lot of work to get it to communicate with the Inspire ...

Yeah, I guess you are right. I do like the concept of having a centered screen and a premium looking controller!
2015-1-19
Use props
KobyLazar
lvl.1

United States

Zeebadoo Posted at 2015-1-20 12:18
That's because the Inspire controller is based on the industry standard. You're not going to find mu ...

Why not extend the controller then?
2015-1-22
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

um.... range?
2015-1-22
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Thought I saw a bebop quad with an interesting remote console that looks something similar ?
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules