Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I Need Clarification On The Latest Update Please!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi. There seems to be some confusion at the moment regarding the latest updates/firmware for the Phantoms 3 & 4. I'm reading that lots of people are having distance and connection issues (as well as some other problems) after updating P3A/S with the latest firmware. Ive had my P3A for 6 months with no problems and I'm still running on my original initial versions of: Aircraft-1.6.40. RC-1.5.70. Can anybody shed any light on this subject please? Thanks.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Tintin, the latest firmware doesn't reduce the range. It is recommended to keep the firmware up to date. But whether to upgrade the firmware is up to you.
2016-5-26
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-26 17:04
Hello Tintin, the latest firmware doesn't reduce the range. It is recommended to keep the firmware u ...

That's great to know. Thanks!
2016-5-26
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

When it comes to firmware and app updates.  I do what the manufacturer suggests.  While I am sure that many boardies here have dazzling credentials, the manufacturer manufactures them, and I reckon that they would know best since they not only make the drones, but they also write the software.  Besides, if I take the advice of a boardie and DON'T update, they probably won't replace my drone in the event of a software / firmware malfunction.
2016-5-26
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

After I bought my P3S in March, I did 1 update on it not long after, when I was prompted to. So I updated to 1.4.6...

I have had many other prompts to upgrade since. I think the new update is for 1.8 something or another. My aircraft still sits on 1.4.6 and it won't be changing. It does everything perfectly the way I am comfortable with and used to. I've gone well over 8000 feet bone stock (as far as I know, still the unofficial P3S distance holder for 100% stock class over land), and recordings look fantastic. What on earth would I want to change the FW for? I use GO, Litchi, Vertical and Ultimate Flight. With the exception of the GO app, I can use any battery that I want (I have 1 knock-off, will NOT go that route again) and can get most any shot I want.

I'm sticking with 1.4.6...
2016-5-26
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

bobasbury Posted at 2016-5-26 22:30
When it comes to firmware and app updates.  I do what the manufacturer suggests.  While I am sure th ...

I understand your point but Apple manufacture iPads and iPhones and their updates have caused no end of problems for many people (including) myself. Just because a company manufactures a particular product doesn't necessarily mean they won't mess up with their updates. Also, due to the nature of this particular product the last thing you want is for something to go wrong!!! As the saying goes: If it's not broke don't fix it.
2016-5-26
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Tintin Posted at 2016-5-27 01:23
I understand your point but Apple manufacture iPads and iPhones and their updates have caused no en ...

"As the saying goes: If it's not broke don't fix it."

Then why did you start this new thread, in a sea of existing threads on the same subject?

2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules