Third OSMO purchased with Horizon loss during Yaw
12Next >
3923 46 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burlbark
lvl.2

I have now purchased 3 different OSMO's and spent several days trying to alleviate the Horizon tilt issue. When yawing/panning left or right the horizon will tilt as much as 45 degrees. I am using the x5 and the DJI x5 adapter. All firmware is current. Battery is charged. Condition gets worse as OSMO is used.
There apears to be no fix for us with x5 cameras that do not get along with the OSMO.

I have no local dealer so I will continue to purchase from online vendors including DJI until I get a unit that works properly.

My x5 works perfectly under the Inspire just no love from the OSMO.

I said that I will purchase 50 of them and then give up if I dont get one that works properly. I may start buying them in bulk, 10 at a time in order to get one that works. If DJI does not take notice of this then I guess all of us with horizon issues should jump ship, I just dont see a more evolving company coming to our rescue. Anyway as you can all see I am very frustrated and my only recourse is to buy as many as I can manage and then return them so that they become used units and DJI gets effected by the monetary losses.

2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
The Osmo is a 3-axes stabilization system, it will always try to balance itself in 3 axes. When you move the Osmo with your hand, if you don't move it in a perfect horizontal line, the camera may not keep in horizontal since the 3 axes are all flexible and adjustable. When you lock the camera by pressing the Trigger button, the camera's direction would be locked.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-25
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-26 12:11
Hello.
The Osmo is a 3-axes stabilization system, it will always try to balance itself in 3 axes. Wh ...

You obviously dont know what you are talking about in this matter. The horizon is being lost. It will not hold Horizon while panning or yawing. It will not balance itself correctly. I will continue to buy OSMOS and return them until this is fixed. 10 more to purchase today.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-5-27 00:24
You obviously dont know what you are talking about in this matter. The horizon is being lost. It  ...

Could you please place your Osmo still on a flat surface and adjust the gimbal?
We'd like to check the footage you took with the Osmo, can you send us a video?

If there's really something wrong, we'll help you to solve it with the best reasonable solution.

Thanks.
2016-5-26
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-27 10:21
Could you please place your Osmo still on a flat surface and adjust the gimbal?
We'd like to chec ...

Will get video for you tomorrow of it actually shooting and I have calibrated it countless times on level flat areas away from outside interference. I was told that this has become a real problem and countless units have been returned to a popular online vendor.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-5-27 13:23
Will get video for you tomorrow of it actually shooting and I have calibrated it countless times o ...

Since the Osmo is a 3-axes stabilization camera, it's not supposed to be used for shooting in stationary like normal DSLR. Recording in movement, you will experience the best performance of the stabilization technology.
If it's necessary, you may need to calibrate the camera or the gimbal timely to adjust its position accurately.

Wait for your video.

Thanks.
2016-5-26
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-27 14:35
Since the Osmo is a 3-axes stabilization camera, it's not supposed to be used for shooting in stat ...

Its obvious that DJI does not read the threads and view the videos that are posted in the threads. The first video clearly shows the horizon being lost repeatedly. I will post a video today as time allows of the actual shot footage showing the Horizon drifting all over the place. Then DJI will say you need to calibrate Horizon at start up. Then they will say manually adjust it. Then they will say they are working on it....... The run around will continue.
2016-5-27
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

Burlbark Posted at 2016-5-28 00:37
Its obvious that DJI does not read the threads and view the videos that are posted in the threads. ...

As requested by DJI staff. Video showing the x5 horizon drift. This unit is hand held and was carefully calibrated before video was shot. I will continue to post more videos of the OSMO failure to help find the fix for this issue.

One curious note is that when I received my battery extender from DJI it powered on my x5 and Osmo twice and then made the OSMO have clicking noises. Then the battery extender went dead. I did try my x5 under the Inspire today and it seems to still be working perfectly. The extender is still dead and DJI has not contacted me with the promised RMA.

2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
After the defect of your battery extender, can your Osmo handle work normally with your X5 camera?
What's the RMA for your battery extender?

About the horizontal issue, to get a better stable footage, a proper operation is needed. Since you just move the Osmo horizontally by hand, it's hard to tell if the horizontal drift is caused by your hand's movement or the unit's malfunction.

Thanks.
2016-5-30
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-30 16:12
Hello.
After the defect of your battery extender, can your Osmo handle work normally with your X5 ca ...

The stock battery in the OSMO makes no difference. The OSMO still behaves the same with the stock battery. The extender is packaged up and going back to DJI. My 3rd OSMO has been shipped for a return and a fourth unit is on the way.

Please do not try to cast doubt into my posts.... And I quote you "About the Horizontal issue, to get better stable footage, a proper operation is needed. Since you just move the Osmo horizontally by hand its hard to tell if the horizontal drift is caused by your hand's movement or the unit's malfunction".

There is no option to move the horizon by hand, you can yaw or pan but to change horizon you have to use the calibration buttons. Do you know how these gimbals work? Do you know how the interface works with in them? I do, I have repaired 500+ DJI gimbals...... Please refer to my first video and notice the horizon.

You see you cant blame me and think that others on this forum wont understand. I have posted 2 videos now showing the horizon drift and have received no contact by any of your engineers or tech people apologizing for the issues. I will continue to buy OSMO and will resort to buying x5r's and returning them until I get a working package.

You do realize how much this will end up costing DJI? All I need is my issue remedied and I will quit buying $1000's of dollars of products that dont work only to return them. This is effecting profits and I am sharing with all my contacts which share with all there contacts. I would not be surprised if DJI's lack of concern and response on just my OSMO alone has not cost your company $30,000 in the last 2 weeks. In the long term it may cost DJI $100,000+  that is revenue that no company wishes to lose.

So in short, I need DJI to put an x5 Osmo package together that has been tested and holds horizon. Tell me when you need an address. I will gladly give up my x5 and my 4th Osmo if it is indeed an early x5 and Osmo compatibility problem that DJI does not want to acknowledge.

You certainly cant want me to continue posting videos and returning purchases?
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-1 09:39
The stock battery in the OSMO makes no difference. The OSMO still behaves the same with the stock  ...

Thanks for your post.
I'll let our engineers have a look at your videos and feedback.

If there's any update about this issue, we would definitely keep you informed in our website.

Any other feedback and your continuous support would be highly appreciated.
2016-5-31
Use props
russell
New

United States

Adela, something just isn't right here. You are responding like you are unaware of this problem, but it is a HUGE problem and is being reported all over the internet. Reports have been going back for many months. Please tell us what DJI is going to do to resolve it.

You really should not continue to sell these cameras with a known problem like this.

- Russ
2016-6-4
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

russell@goldsea Posted at 2016-6-5 00:32
Adela, something just isn't right here. You are responding like you are unaware of this problem, but ...

Thank you for lending me a hand and supporting the outrage we should have. I am now waiting on my 4th OSMO to arrive. I will update this thread and post more videos if it doesnt work properly.
2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

russell@goldsea Posted at 2016-6-5 00:32
Adela, something just isn't right here. You are responding like you are unaware of this problem, but ...

Hello.
This issue has drawn our attention, our engineers will try to improve the situation.

If there's any update, we'll let you know at the first time.
2016-6-5
Use props
Well there's your answer, Burlbark. They are aware of the flaw and have no solution. It is disturbing that they will continue to sell a camera with such a critical failure. I watched all their videos and nowhere did they point out that the camera won't be able to hold a stable horizon. They know about it, but they won't answer support questions about nor will they disclose the flaw to new customers. This is atrocious company behavior.
2016-6-6
Use props
tino0
lvl.2

Croatia

You can't blame DJI as they did not say that Osmo will hold horizont perfectly while panning. It's good for what is advertised, i'm just looking to buy and i'm just seeing lot's of good videos. Why would you like to do perfect pan with osmo? You can use some static camera. Osmo works good for general movement stabilisation. At least it looks like to me. Yes they do have bugs, i'm P3 owner lol but this not looks like false advertising or something like blocking issue
2016-6-6
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

tino0 Posted at 2016-6-7 07:31
You can't blame DJI as they did not say that Osmo will hold horizont perfectly while panning. It's g ...

What???? You think that its not supposed to hold horizon during panning? Maybe its really a new feature and should be an option.

I bought the x5r and a new OSMO and it should be here tomorrow. If it doesnt work as advertised I will return it and buy another. Once I get to around $10,000.00 in purchases and returns I will probably call it good. It just depends on if DJI ever helps me out. If they dont I just may ring the return bill up to around $100k....  

DJI can of course fix all this by sending me a properly  working x5 and OSMO. My RMA ticket has been ignored and my voltage extender that was DOA (dead on arrival) is still waiting on a shipping label. Its been over a week now with no correspondence. Buyer beware when buying from DJI.
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-7 13:17
What???? You think that its not supposed to hold horizon during panning? Maybe its really a new f ...

Hello, Burlbark

About your DOA case of the battery extender, could you tell me the tracking No. so that I can help to sort out?

However, about the X5R camera, I would not expect you really do what you just said, kindly please save your budget.
Your reported drift issue has been recorded, we'll try our best to improve the performance in the future. We'll keep you informed once there's any available update.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.
2016-6-6
Use props
tino0
lvl.2

Croatia

Respect Burlbark!  This is epic.  Once I get to around $10,000.00 in purchases and returns I will probably call it good.
it's tileted, ok. and it works fine most of time. and that's it. they will not 100% fix that soon and i would say your 100k lost of value will not affect dji much..

and i'm still thinking of buying one.. lol
2016-6-7
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-7 15:20
Hello, Burlbark

About your DOA case of the battery extender, could you tell me the tracking No. s ...

Oh really.... The battery extender is a $25 throw away and of course I can get help there.
I know this isnt your faullt Adela, so please dont take this personal. However I would think that the engineers and higher management should be notified of the problems this is going to cause them.

My 1st x5r should be here today and if it doesnt work I will send it back and buy another. If that one doesnt work I will buy another...... and so on and so on. You can believe that I do what I say, just like I should believe DJI will have this issue fixed.

I will know by the end of the day if the horizon tilt issue only affected early production runs of the x5. Then I will pursue means of financial compensation...

If the units cant hold horizon during panning than there should have never been an adapter sold and the x5/x5r should have been never offered for the OSMO.
2016-6-7
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

Well things are not all good..... My x5r showed up today and my fourth OSMO kit. The OSMO works perfectly with my x5r accept no audio which I may not have had turned on.

However the OSMO and my x5 which works perfectly under my Inspire still will not hold horizon. So what this tells me is that early versions of the x5 will have horizon drift when connected to the OSMO. It certainly appears that there will be no fix for this.

How do I proceed Adela? I need my x5 which is out of warranty to work with the OSMO....

Will there be a disclaimer that some early x5's will not work with the OSMO?

Will there be support for us that buy early releases?
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-8 11:29
Well things are not all good..... My x5r showed up today and my fourth OSMO kit. The OSMO works per ...

Hello, Burlbark,
Please don't get me wrong, I won't take your feedback as personal "complain".. It's my responsibility to collect and respond to your post, I'll definitely deliver your message to our relevant coworkers if it's necessary.

About your X5 camera of your Inspire, may I know when you purchased it? Considering the history and the possibility of being worn out, I can't guarantee the perfect performance of your old X5 camera with new parts. Technically, with the latest firmware, your old X5 camera should be working well with the Osmo handle, however, the hardware condition may also affect the effect.

If you need any help, we'll do everything in our power to help you out.
2016-6-7
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-8 14:48
Hello, Burlbark,
Please don't get me wrong, I won't take your feedback as personal "complain"..{:4 ...

My x5 once again works perfectly on the Inspire. And if you know the history, it has less than 10 hours on it.

Is that considered worn out?
2016-6-8
Use props
emgsocialnetwor
lvl.1

United States

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-8 11:29
Well things are not all good..... My x5r showed up today and my fourth OSMO kit. The OSMO works per ...

Burlbark,

I don't have an X5. I have the X3 and was experiencing (and I'm not convinced that I actually fixed this issue) serious Pan drift. Out of frustration I went into the GoApp and Setup a C1 profile that pushed all the numbers to their extremes for both Pan and Tilt. Pan MAX, Deadband MAX, Accel MAX - I did the same with Tilt. Then I rolled back the settings a bit so that they were within reasonable movements for my use and low and behold, my Pan drift has seemed to vanish while in a custom setting mode. Maybe you save yourself a little frustration and try a custom setting to see if it resolves your horizon drift issue.
2016-6-8
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

emgsocialnetwor Posted at 2016-6-9 01:25
Burlbark,

I don't have an X5. I have the X3 and was experiencing (and I'm not convinced that I act ...

I tried all that.... Thank you for offering the advice though. The x5r is darn near perfect after calibration, before calibration it was drifting during yaw or pan. This makes me believe that the x5 is not saving the calibration when mounted to the OSMO but behaves perfect under the Inspire.
2016-6-8
Use props
CruxisX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2146 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys, just an FYI: The X5 is the problem, not the osmo handle. I tested it with several other X5's that I have.

It's an error that can be easily fixed via firmware. As I see it, there are two options:

1. Purchase a different (preferably tested) X5
2. Wait patiently for the firmware to be released.
2016-6-9
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-26 12:11
Hello.
The Osmo is a 3-axes stabilization system, it will always try to balance itself in 3 axes. Wh ...

hahaha do not talk about something when you do NOT know anything...
The lock is for the yaw, not for the horizon, the horizon has to stay level!!!!!!
All the DJI gimbals have this horizon drift!!!
The ronin the ronin-m the osmo-x3 the Osmo with the X5!!!!!, all gimbals have this problem when it comes from DJI!!!

We have all the gimbals and all have this horizon drift

No, i am not nice to you, DJI knows this big problem!!!, and does nothing with it...
And yes there are the answers from all DJI people: did you cilibrate? did you put it on a flat surface when you calibrate? did you do this did you do that.....

Yes people from DJI we did all that, wy?, becauce we are pro's and know how to do that, it's just a big problem from DJI they can not make a gimbal that keeps the horizon level!
Even your new DJI roninMX can not keep the horizon level!, we have tested it before buying, we gave it back, way? again the horizon stays not level!!!!
2016-6-9
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
  • >>>

emgsocialnetwor Posted at 2016-6-9 01:25
Burlbark,

I don't have an X5. I have the X3 and was experiencing (and I'm not convinced that I act ...

hi emgsocialnetwor,

can you tell a little bit better how that works, i like to try that, my X5 has a horizon drift like hell on the inspire pro

thank you in advance

2016-6-9
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

CruxisX Posted at 2016-6-10 00:17
Hey guys, just an FYI: The X5 is the problem, not the osmo handle. I tested it with several other X5 ...

It is interesting to me that the x5 hold horizon pretty good on the Inspire, within 5 degrees while fighting the wind. But on the OSMO the x5 loses it major.

Now the x5r holds rock solid using the same firmware as the x5. There has to be something that DJI addressed in the design of the newer x5r gimbal.

Whether firmware will fix this or not I do not know but the x5 still works in the air....
2016-6-9
Use props
CruxisX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2146 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-9 20:49
It is interesting to me that the x5 hold horizon pretty good on the Inspire, within 5 degrees whil ...

It's the Osmo Pro firmware that is the problem. It will work for the Inspire, but not on the osmo.

Again, I have the same exact issues on my newer X5.
2016-6-10
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

CruxisX Posted at 2016-6-11 00:16
It's the Osmo Pro firmware that is the problem. It will work for the Inspire, but not on the osmo. ...

Then this is sounding like the whole x5 production run is the one experiencing this problem. And the x5r is not.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-9 00:43
My x5 once again works perfectly on the Inspire. And if you know the history, it has less than 10 ...

Hi Burlbark,
We just resume work from Chinese Dragon Boat festival holidays. Sorry for any late response.
In order to look into your case further, could you please return your X5 for our further analysis? Please keep me informed once you get the Case No. or Ticket No. so that I can help to follow up.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

vincentlublink@ Posted at 2016-6-10 00:33
hahaha do not talk about something when you do NOT know anything...
The lock is for the yaw, not fo ...

Hello, vincentlublink
Thanks for your feedback.
Well noted about the issues mentioned. About any issue of the other DJI products, could you please post in corresponding products forum sessions for a better solution? Our representatives will follow up all your concerns specifically.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-6-11
Use props
emgsocialnetwor
lvl.1

United States

vincentlublink@ Posted at 2016-6-10 01:03
hi emgsocialnetwor,

can you tell a little bit better how that works, i like to try that, my X5 ha ...

Hi @vincentlublink,

I don't think the custom profiles are available for use when connected to the Inspire 1 Pro only the Osmo however; in the GoApp (when connected via the Osmo) you would select settings, gimbal, choose C1 or C2 and then choose the sensitivities that best suit your needs.
2016-6-12
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-12 12:18
Hello, vincentlublink
Thanks for your feedback.
Well noted about the issues mentioned. About any i ...

no i will not do that!

you and all the people from DJI have to do something!
make the horizon drift disappear!!!!
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

vincentlublink@ Posted at 2016-6-13 00:31
no i will not do that!

you and all the people from DJI have to do something!

Hello.
We'll try our best!

Thanks for your support.
2016-6-12
Use props
zhiwei.he
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Pretty sure this is a firmware problem. It happened to my OSMO x3 in the very early days and DJI released firmware to solve it. When double tap on the trigger, my gimbal just won't return to its neutral position. It tilts a little bit. That happens to you as well?
Since this is only the 1st X5 firmware. I am afraid you will have to wait for the 2nd.
2016-6-12
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I'm just wondering when DJI will start a new policy and with some people just refund their money and refuse to sell to them again.
2016-6-13
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-6-13 16:24
I'm just wondering when DJI will start a new policy and with some people just refund their money and ...

I am sure some people will be very happy with that process. I see in your avatar you are looking up your nose, is there something stuck?

DJI did finally decide to take care of me and it looks like my x5 will be getting an RMA... Thanks DJI.
2016-6-13
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-13 09:02
I am sure some people will be very happy with that process. I see in your avatar you are looking u ...

I'm quite sure they would have offered that long ago if you had requested it instead of all this childish public bravado.
2016-6-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules