123Next >
14469 101 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronniecrossbone
lvl.2

United States

teza Posted at 2015-1-21 01:56
hi again watch the youtube of jack dji phanton2 v 3 unboxing and review he has the old and new ope ...

I watched this video and learned quite a bit.
- Don't know if it is relevant or not but like my new V3, his new 2312 motors have no markings on them as well, unlike all the other pics I have seen of the new V3.
- He realizes that his new V3 with the new upgraded 2312 motors and ESC's, does NOT have the new upgraded ESC's installed which should have a V 2.1 printed on the white label! Mine does not as well but should! These are not compatible ESC's for the 2312 motors according to DJI!
- I also noticed, which I believe he did not mention, but his V3 does not have the new perforated (holes  for venting) wifi transmitter cover, mine does.
- Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3
- PH645448xxx
- Purchased New December 2014 from Amazon from US dealer

2015-1-24
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

ronniecrossbone Posted at 2015-1-24 23:17
I watched this video and learned quite a bit.
- Don't know if it is relevant or not but like my ne ...

I dont know about any missing holes? Have they changed their shell design?  Just look for the bottom of the motor if it has raised looking mounts then they are the new motors.  I have only seen one of the vision plus v3.0 crash from esc failure for sure they were flying it about full speed and the front two went out from what I believe is simply overload they do say that it is not recomended to fly it full speed though.
2015-1-24
Use props
ronniecrossbone
lvl.2

United States

Here is what I meant by wifi cover with holes in cover.
2015-1-24
Use props
ronniecrossbone
lvl.2

United States

Jeepinocala
I'm sorry, the wifi cover i'm speaking of is inside the phantom. It is a metal cover and most of the ones i have seen are solid metal. My new V3 has holes in it. If you notice in the video Jack's new phantom does not have holes in this metal cover.
2015-1-24
Use props
ronniecrossbone
lvl.2

United States

[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BIMG%5D[/IMG][/img]

Here is another pic
2015-1-24
Use props
cshudson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-23 14:11
Hi, Maccool,
Just confirmed, your PH645395963 is V2.0 ESC.
All the official 2312 phantom2 from DJI  ...

I take it from this that are NO version 3 phantom 2v+ that have the wrong esc's? If so, thats fantastic news!
2015-1-24
Use props
mdurstewitz.ema
New

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-23 19:58
So how did you find that out here is a reply from your tech team to me after I asked if they could l ...

I got those same emails.  So how am I supposed to install Lightbridge in my P2 V2 without voiding the warranty if I can't open the shell???  And their own Lightbridge installation video tells me to open the shell, since I have to remove a cable from the X2 socket of the MC?

I swear, the worst part of their customer service is I get so much conflicting information from their own representatives!
2015-1-24
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

cshudson@me.com Posted at 2015-1-25 04:36
I take it from this that are NO version 3 phantom 2v+ that have the wrong esc's? If so, thats fant ...

There is without a doubt alot of phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 with the wrong esc's including mine.
2015-1-24
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

ronniecrossbone Posted at 2015-1-25 04:34
[/IMG][/img]

Here is another pic

I will have to look at mine. Whats the difference?
2015-1-24
Use props
ron
lvl.1

United States

So what is the verdict here? So far, I see conflicting information that has probaly originated from DJI. Here is what I am getting from this thread.

1) DJI shipped new Phantom 2 Vision + with incompatible esc components.

2) DJI says it can't determine if the ecs's are bad by product serial number alone.

3) DJI provides a card that shows the compatibility of motors and esc's which requires the disasembly of the phantom body.

4) DJI says that if we disassemble the phantom body, this voids the warranty.

5) A forum participant by the name of DJI Boy who has not identified himself as a DJI representative has the ability to check for incompatible esc by the serial number, and also claims that unlabeled esc's may be the correct version, which directly contradicts what the DJI esc compatibility  card says.

Am I missing something here?  Can anyone from DJI give us a strait answer on how to determine if our quads are assembled incorrectly, and tell us what the procedure is for correcting this condition?  
2015-1-24
Use props
allbritt.email
lvl.2

United States

After all the conflicting information and the failure of DJI to confirm the red-front led sequence could validate you have the newer ESCs, I opened my PH2 v+, V3.0 and located the label with V2.1.  I purchased it directly from DJI on 4 Dec. and received it a week later.
Not going to worry about the warranty. If I have to send it in, I'll pull off the red decals in front and put the blue ones on that came with the phantom.
2015-1-24
Use props
ron
lvl.1

United States

allbritt.email Posted at 2015-1-25 07:50
After all the conflicting information and the failure of DJI to confirm the red-front led sequence c ...

I have a better plan. I intend to ground my quad immediately, and contact DJI support first thing on Monday morning to ask them directly how to determine if my Phantom has a problem. If my question is not answered to my satisfaction, my next call will be to the FAA to report a dangerous UAV condition.

I'm no big fan of gubment over-reach, but it's better than someone in the RC community dropping an uncontrolled quad on somebody's head.

The RC community needs to conduct ourselves with the highest degree of integrity and safety in mind to protect public safety and our credibility. DJI will support this either voluntarily or involuntarily. The choice is theirs.
2015-1-24
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

ron@icr38.com Posted at 2015-1-25 09:30
I have a better plan. I intend to ground my quad immediately, and contact DJI support first thing o ...

Interesting that you can report this I never knew or I would have already reported the issue. Tonight mine recieved the correct esc's that I bought on amazon 20 bucks each and they do have a label v2.1 on them I feel much better knowing I will be flying around people. Dji can keep their warranty after first recieving this unit without the correct parts they pretty much screwed it up for them making me interested in any more of their products. I will keep this until it dies wares out or crashes then I am finding a different brand unless I recieve a set of esc that they owe me.
2015-1-24
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=dji%20esc%20failure&sm=3
2015-1-24
Use props
ron
lvl.1

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-25 09:53
Interesting that you can report this I never knew or I would have already reported the issue. Toni ...

Jeepinocala, here is a link from the FAA website on UAV regulation that descibes their advisory to police departments that asks them to report unsafe or commercial operation of RC UAVs. There is a link at the bottom of the page to a downloadable PDF of the police advisory. This police advisory explains their jurisdiction for UAV regulation, including recreational use. This section of their web site has much more info than just this one page, but this is the one that the cops are reading.

http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=81244

To protect public safety, the FAA is tasked by law to regulate just about everything that flies without a string attached to it in the US. On one hand, we can be critical of the feds for over-regulating every facet of our lives, but on the other hand, if we allow a known unsafe condition to exist within our RC community, the burden of criticism is ours to bear, not theirs.
2015-1-24
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

ron@icr38.com Posted at 2015-1-25 07:42
So what is the verdict here? So far, I see conflicting information that has probaly originated from  ...

For the contradictory between 3) and 5), it has been already clarified in the above post: For DJI factory made whole craft (rather than third party modified craft) The card mentioned is about the motor and ESC FIRMWARE . The FW is in the chip rather the marking on the label. And the card shows a picture that V2.0 may lead the customer think only the 'V2.0 label' are available for 2312, but the intention is the FW. Sorry for the misunderstanding we made.

As to the other question you may ask, is a guy has a "DJI-xxx" has the ability to check the SN. If the one is not a DJI stuff with a "DJI" title the forum admin will delete the ID.
The SN tracing is from the manufacturing date. From some special date the earlier version is not available, that's why I can judge the FW version.
2015-1-24
Use props
ron
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-25 10:51
For the contradictory between 3) and 5), it has been already clarified in the above post: The card ...

Thank you DJI-Dboy.
2015-1-24
Use props
ron
lvl.1

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-25 10:20
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=dji%20esc%20failure&sm=3

Thanks jeepinocala. I'm definitely grounded now. Are you the guy shooting YouTube vids at the Redneck Yacht Club down here in SW Fl ?????
2015-1-24
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

@DJI-DBOY   can you confirm or deny that by observing the front LED on startup  if they do not lite until props on then firmware is 2.0 or greater ??   Or is there any other method to determine if an unlabeled ESC is the correct version?

Thanks for your help
2015-1-24
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-25 10:51
For the contradictory between 3) and 5), it has been already clarified in the above post: The card ...

@DJI-DBOY   can you confirm or deny that by observing the front LED on startup  if they do not lite until props on then firmware is 2.0 or greater ??   Or is there any other method to determine if an unlabeled ESC is the correct version?

Thanks for your help
2015-1-24
Use props
ron
lvl.1

United States

applekiller Posted at 2015-1-25 13:52
@DJI-DBOY   can you confirm or deny that by observing the front LED on startup  if they do not lit ...

If I understand DJI Boy's clarification above, there are two sources of Phantom manufacture.
1) DJI manufactured - whole units
2) Third party manufactured - from components

The card describes the firmware that is loaded into the hardware, not the hardware itself. Therefore, the LED operation will not be a reliable indicator of the hardware version, but only which firmware is loaded into the ESC hardware chip. You can have the V2 firmware loaded (which operates LED,) and still have an old version of the ESC hardware.

The best that I can determine from the information in this thread is that the only way to tell if you have the old or new ESC hardware is to open the top fuselage of the Phantom, and look at the ESC tag to determine which version it is, and this will void the DJI warranty.

I have several methods of determining which ESC version I have in my Phantom.
1) Open the fuselage and look at the ESC tag
2) Contact DJI
3) Contact Amazon Pime seller and/or Amazon Prime
4) Contact Federal Aviation Admin NTSB and/or Federal Trade Commission

This isn't a little toy choo-choo train we are operating here. This is a small aircraft that we are flying over people's heads. We are all civilly liable for its operation, and possibly criminally liable if we operate it with known defects. I'll let everyone here know what DJI has to say about this matter after I speak with them.
2015-1-25
Use props
bpiasta@gmx.de This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-1-25
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

bpiasta@gmx.de Posted at 2015-1-26 03:20
Hi jeepinocala,
my SN is: PH645461024 v3.0  (delivered November 2014 - bought directly from DJI Hon ...

You would have to take the top cover off.
2015-1-25
Use props
2015-1-25
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

bpiasta@gmx.de Posted at 2015-1-26 06:56
Can DJI tell me by the SN?  
How did you find out?

They can not tell by your serial number. I had to open it up to find out mine was built wrong. Guess it was the best thing I did since now I am not worried of having the wrong version esc's that are failing.
2015-1-25
Use props
2015-1-26
Use props
mech.email
lvl.2

United States

mech.email Posted at 2015-1-23 22:22
So I have a P2V+ V3.0 with no version number on the white label. I wrote DJI and they said it was  ...

I finally got hold of the DJI folks in California. They gave me an RMA and said the tech's would look at it but he didn't know if they would do anything since nothing had failed. I'm not sending it to them for 4 weeks if they likely won't do anything. I flew 10 minutes yesterday to almost 600 ft and the thing flies great.
2015-1-26
Use props
2015-1-26
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

bpiasta@gmx.de Posted at 2015-1-27 01:02
Testing method:
Tie the Phantom to the ground (attaching to a steel tube or a stone) - then giving 1 ...

No, if the motor not spinning, the motor will overheat an burn out.
The motor need the airflow for cooling.
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

knarfboy Posted at 2015-1-27 01:46
No, if the motor not spinning, the motor will overheat an burn out.
The motor need the airflow for ...

The motor would be turning at maximum rpm with maximum airflow.
2015-1-26
Use props
ron
lvl.1

United States

I decided not to wait all day for DJI support to answer the phone, so I opened mine up to see what type of ESC I have. It looks like I have the Version 2.1 ESC  by the white tag, and I also noted that "V2" is stamped onto the board. The red decals were easy to pry up and smooth back down again after the cover was replaced. One thing that concerned me at first was that the white decal on the ESC was actually the top decal that was placed over an original decal, but the "V2" printed directly on the board made me feel more at ease. If anyone decides to do this also, remember to wear a well grounded static strap since there are a lot of static sensitive ICs under the hood. Also remember to reconnect the GPS cable.

I operate a products review website, so DJI is now back to getting 4.8 out of 5 stars for the product again in my review, which will probably be posted this summer. I want to use up two batteries back to back in full throttle runs in the hot summer sun before I will endorse this product.

I bought from an Amazon Prime dealer in late December 2014. Everything on the product has been flawless so far.

2015-1-26
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Printet on the board is the hardware version, allways v2

But the printing on the white paper label with the QR code on it is the correct one.
2015-1-26
Use props
dbeck.email
lvl.4

United States

And if it has NO version printed?  Then What are we to assume?
2015-1-26
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

dbeck.email Posted at 2015-1-27 04:35

2.0 and ship mid dec. or later 2.1
2015-1-26
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

dbeck.email Posted at 2015-1-27 04:35

If it does not have v2.1 printed on the white label then you have an original wrong version esc.
2015-1-26
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

bpiasta@gmx.de Posted at 2015-1-26 23:53
I would be worried a lot!! As DJI assembled incompatible hardware - they should have known with th ...

Amazon and ebay both have v2.1 esc's for sale $20.00 each.
2015-1-26
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-27 06:16
Amazon and ebay both have v2.1 esc's for sale $20.00 each.

Why you will pay 20$ each? You have waranty, is you ESC' wrong, DJI change the ESC's for free.
2015-1-26
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

knarfboy Posted at 2015-1-27 06:39
Why you will pay 20$ each? You have waranty, is you ESC' wrong, DJI change the ESC's for free.

Because I don't want to ship it and wait 4 weeks and hope they don't screw anything else up.
2015-1-26
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-27 07:12
Because I don't want to ship it and wait 4 weeks and hope they don't screw anything else up.

But if you solderng in your Phantom, this void your waranty.
2015-1-26
Use props
ron
lvl.1

United States

0_ESC1sm.jpg

The image above is the white tag on one of my version 2.1 ESCs. This tag is located on the end closest to the motor, it has a QR code, and is placed over another tag. Knarfboy has advised above that this is the firmware version number, and the tag that we should use to determine if we have the correct ESCs.

The image below is the other end of the ESC, located near the bottom vents. This is the stamped lettering on the ESC circuit board.  This is the lettering that Knarfboy says is the hardware number, and is found on all of the ESCs.

0_ESC2sm.jpg

2015-1-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules