P4, Lightbridge, Secondary video live feed receiver?
2181 7 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterBerglund
lvl.1

Sweden

With the Lightbridge 2 system, you can have up to three receivers linked to the same transmitting air-unit. Does anyone know if you can add a secondary Lightbridge (2?) receiver to a Phantom 4 setup?

In short, we will have a P4 pilot located in a boat but we need to get the live video feed to shore some 800 meters away from the pilot where the audience will be watching the live footage on a large TV-screen.

If it’s not possible to add a secondary receiver to a P4-system, would it be possible to use a complete secondary Lightbridge 2 system (http://www.dji.com/product/lightbridge-2) where you connect the air-unit just to power and then the HDMI input to the HDMI Output Module (http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module) on the pilot’s controller, and finally then use the Ground Unit (http://store.dji.com/product/lightbridge-2-ground-unit) as a plain HDMI receiver that feeds the TV-screen?

Really appreciate if anyone have any experience on this topic and can comment on this. I tried with the DJI support yesterday, but didn’t really get a clear answer.

Thx!

/Peter

2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Peter, unfortunately it is impossible to add a LB2 receiver to P4. In your case, if you want to use the LB2, I think the M600 maybe a better choice for you.
2016-5-26
Use props
PeterBerglund
lvl.1

Sweden

Thanks for your prompt reply. Okay, so if you look at my second question in the original post: Is it possible to use a complete secondary Lightbridge 2 system? That is just taking the HDMI signal from the P4 remote and transmit it to shore? In other words, a "stand-alone" system that just broadcast video from point A to point B.

BR
/Peter
2016-5-26
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

Have you considered a video streamer? Type "video streamer" into that well known auction site.
2016-5-26
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

I've posted on another thread
This is how I've done it

Right this is what you will need
Ipad mini 2, 3 or 4 or whatever on the RC running the DJIGo app or litchi etc
A cheap android phone (might work with windows or IPhone), must have hitspot available (all mine have), mine was £18 and is a spare
Android tablet
£6 app Reflector 2

Download app from play store and install on tablet (dont forget you can install on many android devices for 1 price)

On phone goto setting and under the Wifi section click on more
Click on tethering & portable hotspot
Change setting (name, security and password etc)
Click on Wi-Fi hotspot
leave a minute to get going

Connect the wifi to the name chosen in the phone, allow it to connect
Open Reflector 2 on the tablet
3 dots in top right hand corner, rename to something, say phantom4
press back button

On Ipad connect the wifi to the hotspot name of the phone
Then pull up from the bottom of the screen, this give you a control panel
click on airplay
choose the name you gave the tablet and click on it, make sure that mirroring is clicked green
Close that menu
You should now have the ipad display on the tablet and can use any of the programs to mirror onto the tablet

Very little lag

Now you can give the table to someone to monitor while you are flying

Simple

Once again thanks to my nephew Andy Bond

Ant questions please ask
2016-5-26
Use props
PeterBerglund
lvl.1

Sweden

Thx Mallettron! That sounds interesting. You say "very little lag", can you clarify that? With LB2 you have something like 20-50ms which is really excellent. I'm also curious what resolution and bitrate you can expect with your setup.

One problem for us is that we most likely will NOT have a WiFi that will cover the area where the P4 pilot is located (as the pilot is moving around in a boat some 800-1600 meters from the location of the audience). That's why I thought that LB2 could solve the problem - and really from the beginning just adding a second receiver at shore taking care of the P4 video stream that is transmitted from the drone itself. But DJI must have done some point-to-point thing between the P4 and remote which is not compatible with the "normal" LB or LB2 where you can use up to three receivers.

/Peter
2016-5-26
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

How good is the phone signal where you will be sailing? if good use the feed to face book then computer to screen on land.
There seems to be a market for streaming to a second screen. Don't think it would be too hard for DJI to come up with a receiver ( a RC unit without the control parts?). a little tweak to the firmware to allow it to receive the video link from the Phantom 4 (they already do it for Lightbridge so know how to). Come on DJI do it.
2016-5-27
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Another thought. If DJI don't want to build a separate receiver How about tweaking the software to allow another RC unit to receive the video link of the Phantom 4?
2016-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules