Dirdal Fjord Norway - panorama photo, taken with P3A
561 9 2016-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1295259 ft
Norway

I managed to experiment a little with taking panoramic photos using my P3A. Its not the greatest camera in the world to take photos with, lacking sharpness and there tends to be a bit of noise in the images, but the ability to fly it where you want is a huge advantage.

Took this photo at sunset, its 3 RAW images stiched and processed in Lightroom. I think its a pretty decent result that Im happy with.

2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Chris, if it is convenient, it would be better to share some tricks of making panorama photos here.
2016-5-26
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-26 11:07
Hello Chris, if it is convenient, it would be better to share some tricks of making panorama photos  ...

Sorry, I thought this was the right place to share photos and videos? Im not by any means an expert on making panorama photos, Lightroom pretty much does it for me
2016-5-26
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Epic landscape shot! Are you sure you camera isn't faulty? My first P3A produced images which weren't very sharp, turned out to be a fault which seems common. I eventually got a replacement and the new one produces pretty sharp images.
2016-5-26
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Really nice shot.  Good light & composition, although the orange looks a bit blown out.  I expect you're getting noise issues because of the extreme range of tones in the scene.  Definitely a case here for HDR.
2016-5-26
Use props
flydodom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice Chris!
2016-5-27
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-5-26 14:53
Epic landscape shot! Are you sure you camera isn't faulty? My first P3A produced images which weren' ...

Thanks! Could be, I read about others also having similar issues, some got replacement camera but it didnt perform any better. Have to look into this more I guess.
2016-5-28
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-26 15:21
Really nice shot.  Good light & composition, although the orange looks a bit blown out.  I expect yo ...

Thank you, Nigel The RAW shots from this scene are definitly a bit under exposed out of the camera, which I know can introduce more noise when adjusting light in post. But, I tend to get noise/lack of sharpness even when properly exposing in good light. Will have to experiment some more..!
2016-5-28
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

chrisnorway Posted at 2016-5-28 11:03
Thank you, Nigel  The RAW shots from this scene are definitly a bit under exposed out of the cam ...

It looks more like a processing problem than one of exposure. Maybe try adjusting the highlights and/or saturation in the oranges/yellows.  Or just leave it as it is if you're happy with it.  It's often a matter of taste & interpretation anyway.
2016-5-28
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

Nice work and beautiful scenery

is it where you live?
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now