Weak Signal Transmission / No Signal Transmission P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Hey everyone,

I desperately need help with my P3P.  Just this past weekend I started having a problem where I lose video transmission.  I will get Weak transmission and sometimes No signal transmission.  It has nothing to do with how far it is away.  It will occur even if the P3 is 2 feet away from the controller.  I'm running version 1.6 on the P3P.  Never had any issues with 1.6 up until Saturday.  Was flawless.  When this problem happens, I still have full control to the P3P.  I just lose the video.  I'm not flying in new areas that I haven't flown before.  WIFI IS turned off on the iPad Air 2 when I fly.

I've tried:

Uninstalled the DJI Go app and reinstalled
Different USB cable
Rebind RC to P3P
Reset all settings in the Go App
Calbrate gimbal
Calibrate IMU
Change video channels

Please give me some ideas on what else to try.

Thank you.
2016-5-26
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

See this thread

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost
2016-5-26
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Yes,  this is exactly what appears to be happening to me.    I'm gonna try Channel 13 shortly after work and see if that helps.  Also gonna hookup my Samsung S5 for testing if the Channel thing don't work.  My S5 has 2.8.0 on it.  This is so depressing.  I'm supposed to do a bunch of video this Holiday weekend.

I will keep this post updated.

Thank you.
2016-5-26
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Well I just tried out my Samsung S5 which has DJI Go App 2.8.0 on it.  I thought for sure it was perfect but after about 5 minutes of flying, I went to land it and it went "No Signal"  Lost all video but still had full control of it.  I was maybe 30 feet up.

I had the Channel on Auto.  I also tried 13,14, 20.  Doesn't make a difference.  Sometimes the video will come back but then it cuts out again.

I don't know what else to try.  

Again, this is version 1.6 on the P3P
  and problem persists with both 2.8.0 and 2.8.2

Edit:  I formatted the card and put 1.7 on it and upgraded the P3P.  Said I had a version mismatch and camera required an upgrade.
   Formatted the card again and 1.8 is being put on as I type this.

After this, I will be completed up to date for firmware.
2016-5-26
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

I can confirm that the problem isn't with just 2.8.2.  I have problems with 2.80 also.  I tried my Samsung S5(2.8.0) and will go No Signal and sometimes it will go back.  The verbage is a bit different on 2.8.2(my Ipad Air 2) If I remember and either get  Weak Signal Transmission or No Signal Transmission.  I was originally on firmware 1.6 earlier today.  I tried 1.7 and then 1.8 and still have a video problem.  The problem comes and goes.  I'll lose video for several seconds and then it may come back for a few.

I have Go App ver 2.3.0 on my old work iPad yet.  Even with firmware 1.8 and this old Go App 2.3, it will still fly. You get video yet but all the flight statistic & gauges are gone.  I could not get the video to fail with 2.3.0.  
It does not matter if I try a custom channel.  Tried everything from 13 to 20.

Please fix.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello tpetersen97, could you tell me the distance that the drone lost its signal? Did it activate RTH at the same time? Did you adjust the antenna's position or change other position?
2016-5-27
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Hello DJI-Paladin,

I can get the Weak & No Signal transmissions red banners even just hovering in my living room.   Remote and P3P are 6 feet from one another.   So It's not a distance problem where I'm running on the edge of out of range.

Like I said in earlier post,  I have old ipad air with Go App 2.3.0 on it.  Even though I don't get flight status, battery indicator, etc.  info,  I DO get video.  It's flawless.  Don't get any transmission problems and doesn't flicker.

2016-5-27
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Last night I learned about the Charles program to downgrade the GoApp.   Relatively easy to do if you follow the video.  I went to 2.8.1.  Still had some flickering in the video.  I didn't even bother with trying 2.8.0 on my ipad air 2.  I have this version on my Samsung S5 and it had video problems too.  Today I went to 2.7.2 and it works great again.  No flicker and No Weak image transmission problems.   Flew 18 min without a problem.  After that flight I did the 32 channel mod for extra piece of mind.  Easy mod to do.  I did another flight and works perfect as well.  I'm gonna stay with 2.7.2.    Anything in the 2.8 series seems to be buggy.  I'm running 1.8 on the P3P.
2016-5-28
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

In General Settings, I turned off "Enable Hardware Decoding" and it solved the weak signal problem.
I am still running 2.8.2.

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=GENERAL
2016-5-28
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the tip. I will do that as well.
2016-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules