Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MF Focus Assistant with X5
3991 20 2016-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.2

Can anyone tell me what this does? It does not act the same when in Video mode as it does in Photo mode.  When taking photos, it zooms in to help assist in focus and is nice, but can't get it to in Video mode. Also, does anyone know if focus peaking will become available at any point with the X5 and Osmo?

2016-5-26
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Focus peaking is desperately needed. I don't know why it isn't there for the X5 and Osmo. Focusing manually comes out pretty soft in places, if your eyesight is not perfect.
2016-5-26
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

My MF Focus assistant works in both modes.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
AF/MF works both in Photo mode and Video mode, please double check your Osmo Pro.

Thanks for the suggestion of Focus Peaking, our engineers will review and look into it.

Any other feedback or suggestion would be appreciated.
2016-5-26
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Tried it at least 20 times and only works in photo mode. I am one of the ones that the X5 was dead on until I used the firmware update that was uploaded to Dropbox, but wasn't released. Do you think this could be caused in that firmware update or is an app issue?
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

chris Posted at 2016-5-30 22:34
Tried it at least 20 times and only works in photo mode. I am one of the ones that the X5 was dead o ...

Hello.
Could you please reiterate the former issue of your X5 camera?
Before mounting your X5 on the Osmo handle, did you upgraded the Osmo Pro firmware v1.1.0.10 already?
Is your X5 camera originally for Inspire 1 Pro or Osmo?  

Thanks.
2016-5-30
Use props
chris
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-31 12:01
Hello.
Could you please reiterate the former issue of your X5 camera?
Before mounting your X5 on  ...

The X5 was not responsive on the camera. I made a video that I posted on here of the problem. After several attempts at doing what your tech's suggested (which has grounded my Inspire 1).  I ended up finding in another thread on a different problem an unreleased firmware update and I gave that a try and my X5 started working and everything seems to be working fine except the MF Focus Assistant. The X5 was originally on the Inspire 1 and then put on the OSMO.  In addition to the MF Focus assistant not working, I need to figure out how to undo what the techs had me do that grounded my Inspire. Here is a link to the original video I posted https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij81xg ... 1.01.00.20.bin?dl=0
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

chris Posted at 2016-6-1 00:12
The X5 was not responsive on the camera. I made a video that I posted on here of the problem. Afte ...

Thanks for your reply and the further information.
I can't open your video in Dropbox, could you please check it again?
Do you mean the unreleased firmware v1.1.0.11? Do you still remember what the tech's suggestion was?

If you have upgraded the X5 to Osmo Pro firmware v1.1.0.10, the X5 should work normally on the Inspire as well. As long as you have all the firmware of them up to date, they should be compatible with each other. So, please check their firmware first.

If there's any update, please let me know.
2016-5-31
Use props
chris
lvl.2

United States

Adela - please take a look at the post from before. It explains everything. http://forum.dji.com/thread-52259-1-1.html
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

chris Posted at 2016-6-1 12:27
Adela - please take a look at the post from before. It explains everything. http://forum.dji.com/thr ...

Thanks for your information.
About the MF Assistant issue, I'd like to clarify that it works to zoom in/out in video recording, but the MF Assistant won't work at the same time.

About the issue of your Inspire, let's discuss it further in the original thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-52259-1-1.html
Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-5-31
Use props
chris
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-1 15:50
Thanks for your information.
About the MF Assistant issue, I'd like to clarify that it works to zo ...

The zoom in/out only works in photo mode. In photo mode when I focus (either in auto focus or manual focus), it will zoom in and allow me to get a better look at if it is in focus.  When I switch it to shoot in video mode, it will not zoom in at all to look at it if it is in better focus.
2016-6-1
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

chris Posted at 2016-6-2 04:55
The zoom in/out only works in photo mode. In photo mode when I focus (either in auto focus or manu ...

It's not until I read Chris's forum, I noticed my X5 , the zoom in/out function never work in both modes.
no matter I tried it on my iPad or LG.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-6-2 08:36
It's not until I read Chris's forum, I noticed my X5 , the zoom in/out function never work in both ...

Hi wto6071,
It should work. You tap the point you want to focus, it will focus in that point, with the AF/MF Assistant on, the zoomed area will help you to check if it's in focus.
May I know the App version of your DJI GO?

Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

chris Posted at 2016-6-2 02:55
The zoom in/out only works in photo mode. In photo mode when I focus (either in auto focus or manu ...

What's the version of your DJI GO App, please?

Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-2 13:39
Hi wto6071,
It should work. You tap the point you want to focus, it will focus in that point, with ...

Good afternoon Adela, thanks for your advise, I finally found its my stupid mistake.
I always thought the AF/MF icon are for calibration purpose only. That's why I only turned it on when I need calibration.

Thanks for answering.
2016-6-1
Use props
chris
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-2 11:39
What's the version of your DJI GO App, please?

Thanks.

Version 2.8.2
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-6-2 12:40
Good afternoon Adela, thanks for your advise, I finally found its my stupid mistake.
I always thou ...

Thanks for your confirmation!

For any other problem, please contact us freely.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Chris,
The Assistant Focus doesn't work in video mode, so it won't zoom in.
The Assistant Focus is just for helping to adjust the focus when taking pictures.

Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
DjBac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3463091 ft
Greece

Any word on focus peaking with the Osmo?
2016-6-2
Use props
chris
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-2 14:55
Chris,
The Assistant Focus doesn't work in video mode, so it won't zoom in.
The Assistant Focus is ...

Then why is there a slider/switch in the app to turn it on/off for video?
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

chris Posted at 2016-6-2 20:53
Then why is there a slider/switch in the app to turn it on/off for video?

Hello, Chris
Have you found that it appears a warning in the DJI GO App when the first time you toggle on the MF Assistant Focus in Video mode? It tells us that the MF assistant focus won't work in Video mode.

Thanks.
2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules