Controller won't connect to app
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobo Laughing
lvl.1

United States

I've had my P3A for a little over a year now and never had any issues with it. The bird is currently on the 1.3.20 firmware and I have a type A controller. As of right now, my iPhone 6 is on 9.3.2 and I’m running the 2.8.2 DJI GO app.

The last normal flight I had was last week. This weekend I synced my phone to my laptop for a routine backup, then went out to fly a few hours later. Remote controller and aircraft booted up as normal and linked to each other. My phone, however, did not recognize that it was plugged into the controller. DJI GO displayed a white “Camera” button instead of the normal blue, and the Camera View was gray with a “Disconnected” notification. Also, my phone did not start charging as it normally does. I’ve tried everything I can think of, and this problem continues.

First, because at the time I was running older versions of iOS (9.3.1) and GO (2.8.0), I updated both. I tried a new wire. I quit and restarted the app, and restarted the controller, drone and phone multiple times. I logged out of and back into iCloud and iTunes. I completely deleted and reinstalled the app. I factory reset my device. I reset the controller. I tried on different devices (iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2), running the newest iOS and app versions. I restored my phone to an older backup, before this glitch appeared.

All to no avail. Now, after my wiping and restoring, the GO app displays the “How to Connect” button but does not see the controller. The controller works fine with the drone; I can move the camera and start/stop the motors. I have seen solutions for Android devices, but nothing for Apple products. I paid $1000 dollars for a piece of equipment that is supposed to work and I am not prepared to go spend more money on a Android tablet that may or may not solve my problem.

First of all, does anyone have a way of telling if the USB port on the controller is fried? Supposedly we can’t update firmware via flash drive anymore, so I can’t think of any way to tell if this a hardware issue or something getting confused in the communications between controller and phone.

Secondly, are there any solutions or explanations to the software end of this problem? Everything was working fine for me before, and I did not change or update anything until AFTER this glitch occurred.

Any help would be appreciated and, DJI, if this is a problem on your end it is time to own up and fix it. My P3A was a great product, but I bought it expecting a quality machine that would continue to work for years to come. Thank you.

2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Lobo, it is possibly a hardware connecting issue because several IOS devices and lightning cables couldn't work normally. I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support in North America and send your RC to our service center for diagnosis. 北美地址.JPG
2016-5-26
Use props
oliverguy
lvl.1

I have the same issue, did the same thing as you by updating. No fix. I ended up just sending to this. http://www.dronefly.com/products ... ?variant=4451790981
2016-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules