DJI, Please...
1232 6 2016-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

...return the Inspire back to it's original form. My beloved Inspire is just a shell of it's original self. With every single firmware update a piece of the Inspire's capability is reduced. I get it, you're catering to the masses, and protecting your company, but what about staying true... I purchased a Ferrari, and now I have a Mustang ECO, what the hell is the point. I would've bought a Prius if that's what I wanted. All I have now is a ton of bloatware features (that I could care less about) and a bird that has trouble flying in a straight line and handling a 10 mph crosswind.

DJI, if you don't find a solution for customers like me, than I will have to say goodbye. It was nice while it lasted. (Original Phantom owner)

BTW, it's not all about speed and performance for me, I too use it as a tool to make money (real estate, and sports). It's the principle.
2016-5-27
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

You aren't the first and won't be the last Jones5r...

2016-5-27
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Jones5r I'm with You. My I1Pro WAS a Pro last year.
2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I flew my Inspire yesterday on 1.8 and it's pretty fast. Fast enough for smooth filming.
2016-5-27
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

They slowed it down?!?! I just thought mine was sluggish because of the X5R. I did really enjoy my 22m/s
2016-5-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I think the problem was they realized they were going to have a lot of aircraft overheating the batteries and crashing, this would cause an even bigger headache. They are playing it safe, this is uncharted territory and there are going to be some growing pains.

It is just the way business is.  

sorry mate - donnie
2016-5-27
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-27 22:45
I flew my Inspire yesterday on 1.8 and it's pretty fast. Fast enough for smooth filming.

I'm extemely tuned in when I fly. I can notice even the slightest variation. DJI has put a governor on the Inspire, just admit it. Yes it's still pretty fast for some, but not me. And again it not all about straight line speed. I barely avoided an obstacle the other day because the climbing rate sucks, just to give one example, there are many more. Battery issues maybe? Doesn't matter to me what the reasons are. My Inspire has been broken in, I expect it to be more nimble, graceful, and bullish all at the same time. But it's not...I have to re-learn how to fly the damn thing because of the different characteristics. And yes I calibrate and double check settings and all that fun stuff. DJI may think we have more than what was introduced back in late 2014, but we have less. I'm not fooled by all of the crapware that's part of the DJI app. That doesn't make the bird better, just more bloated. Bottom line is, it appears DJI has pivoted..your company do what you want...my dollar..you get the rest...
2016-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules