I want to smash the P3S with a rock
2778 46 2016-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I would agree that something happened to range, but DJI is very strongly denying it... I am really wondering if by enhancing security in this version, they simply made the signal more susseptible to interference.. but that would not explain your situation in the middle of no-where...
I really hope DJI steps up and does lot's ow work to figure out if there's indeed an issue (like a hidden bug), ind if they find it, they'll fix it soon...
DJI is still way better than just a Chinese toy quad.. but.... it is still upsetting when such things happen.. Range was not the main reason I got DJI, but it was certainly a factor..
Would hate to find out that is not really as it was advertised...  
I certainly can say that I got signal issues at 7000ft, in an empty area.. where really, I should be able to fly 15000 ft - 3.1mi in area clear of interference.. So something, somehow, somewhere is going on...
Hope they deal with it well and soon...
2016-5-28
Use props
balciatilla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282080 ft
Turkey

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-29 06:04
I would agree that something happened to range, but DJI is very strongly denying it... I am really w ...

I have also one Parrot Bebop Drone 1st gen (that flies wifi with my galaxy s4) and diy quad flying with my Chinese simple Turnigy 9X transmitter. Bebop has 350 meters and the Turnigy 9X has clear 1450m range. But P3S has less then little tiny Bebop. Bebop has all capabilites of P3S. I have contact the dealer and the answer is brilliant: It is normal for P3S, if you want more range please start thinking to buy an Adv or Pro model. DJI has to know that they are not the only one in this world. Anyway, P3S is in the box for now, cuz it is not a fun to fly with it.
2016-5-28
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, sorry to hear that... Actually the main reason I went ofor advanced, because the range, lightbridge and buch of other things sounded so good... Still, you should get what you paid for, and S doe snot seem to be performing.. weird!
2016-5-28
Use props
balciatilla
lvl.2
Turkey

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-29 07:32
Well, sorry to hear that... Actually the main reason I went ofor advanced, because the range, lightb ...

thanks for all Phantomski, i hope DJI release a better upgrade and the range problem solves for lots of P3S people.
2016-5-28
Use props
andybloo1
New

United Kingdom

balciatilla Posted at 2016-5-29 05:42
thanks for all Phantomski, i hope DJI release a better upgrade and the range problem solves for lo ...

I Also have a standard and why would they sell a less capable drone than the advanced or pro. From what I can see the only difference is the sensors and camera quality. I bet the electronics are the same. I too have problems. Not range but actual linking the RC. Green light on RC and red on drone. Sometimes takes ages to pair, on,off,on,off etc. This morning it linked on first ettempt. Once linked I have no issues with range or signal loss. As I see it it must be A firmware issue. Advantage of the p3a and p3p is that you can downgrade easily. Once downgraded they seem fine, so surely it is firmware.
2016-5-29
Use props
balciatilla
lvl.2
Turkey

andybloo1 Posted at 2016-5-29 16:03
I Also have a standard and why would they sell a less capable drone than the advanced or pro. From ...

Agree that the firmwares are not stable. I am still searching how to access to controller via Telnet or another program.
2016-5-29
Use props
cekabu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9154 ft
Turkey

I have tried everything that people suggested. But no success at all. We need to wait for a new fw i think. Or just sell this garbage and get another brand
2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules