Best drone tracker for the money?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chicago Air Dro
lvl.2

A neighbor of mine lost his $5000 drone when it went haywire and crashed in the woods.
My P3P isnt worth that much but, I still would hate to lose it.

The Trackimo GPS Tracker looks like a great item however at $140 its up there in the price range.
Has anyone tried the TrackR (sounds like it could be used to find pirates) @ $29 it might be worth buying

Anyone have any experience with either one of these trackers?

Thanks

2016-5-27
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

2016-5-27
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Now, it is possible for the tracker to run out of battery, does someone make a drone tracker tracker? Just in case? I mean, now it's not $1500 anymore, it's $1650! I do not want to lose my almost $2000!!!
Sorry, i just had to ;)
I do wonder, but seriously, even if RTH went haywire or whatever, how many people were not able to find their drone based on map position from last known? I guess if it flies out of signal range, that would be true..... and it seems that it does happen, sometimes...
Damned technology! always risky at some level!
2016-5-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

When I bought my Phantom, I also bought the RF-V16 tracker as well. But I have never fitted it to the aircraft, nor did I buy a SIM card for it. The reason I did not buy the SIM card was that in my country, it would cost me a minimum of about $11 a month to run it, and I don't think I would get that much use out of it. I don't fly my aircraft very far, normally never out of sight, and if it went down, the flight records would probably get me close enough to it anyway. So I hyave a tracker I don't use, and if you also want a tracker you don't use, then the RF-V16 is an excellent device.
2016-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules