Need help please
3020 23 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ahmedbinisa.ema
New

Bahrain

Hi guys, I have a problem with my lightbridge. All was working well few weeks ago, nothing was touched or added.
When connecting the ground unit to update, i see 3 items to update.
Main controller
Ground system decoder
Ground system transmitter
I can update them all no problems.
When connecting the air unit to update, i only see 1 item to update!
Air system main controller

On the air unit i see green light on control and red light on video.

I have tried the following:
1. Re-installed the update on the ground unit
2. Downgraded the air unit with assistant v1.2 then upgraded again using assistant v1.3
3. Re-installed the software and drivers on windows.

Did my air unit die?
running out of ideas...please help if you know something about this.

2015-1-19
Use props
grey moth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

had this problem then rebooted the airside plugged into the PC and just waited like 5 mins the other options came up. or can you already see the version number and it just says no updates?
2015-1-20
Use props
grey moth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

what is the, version of all your firmware?
2015-1-20
Use props
ahmedbinisa.ema
New

Bahrain

Yep i did wait more than 5mins, i only see firmware version for the air system main controller (1.0.6) and no update to the right. And the other options show  -.-.- and no update to the right.
IMG_6451.JPG
2015-1-20
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

looks like an bug in the software. reinstall your assistens software and use 1.1 or 1.2  downgrate your Airsystem and start agin in 1.3 in following order

-Airsystem main controller
-Air system encoder
-Airsystem transmitter

i had this also on my Groundstation

2015-1-20
Use props
ahmedbinisa.ema
New

Bahrain

i have tried downgrading and upgrading with no luck, i will try from another PC later on today...
2015-1-20
Use props
ahmedbinisa.ema
New

Bahrain

This is the ground unit
ground unit.jpg
2015-1-20
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are you upgrading...i.e. Phantom, S900, S1000??
2015-1-20
Use props
ahmedbinisa.ema
New

Bahrain

Its a Phantom 2 , i am or was running the latest firmware.
Few days ago i pulled my setup out to fly, noticed that i dont have video on  my ipad, or andriod or hdmi.. so looked under the belly and saw green light for control (which i have control of) and red light for video. I then looked at the gopro to make sure the settings are compatible with the lightbride (they where correct).. when back home to check and connected the ground station to the pc, all was ok and firmware was up to date, then connected the air unit and found that i only see the main controller and cannot see the encoder and the transmitter.

I have tried today with another PC and same thing :/ ... sad to see a unit die after maybe 4-5 flights....

Its almost like owning an Iphone 5s and the iphone 6 comes out, your old iphone 5s starts to act crazy....lol ... (looking at the Inspire 1)
2015-1-21
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
China

ahmedbinisa.ema Posted at 2015-1-21 16:29
Its a Phantom 2 , i am or was running the latest firmware.
Few days ago i pulled my setup out to fl ...

Something was wrong with your LB Air System. Please contact to our support: support@dji.com
2015-1-21
Use props
ahmedbinisa.ema
New

Bahrain

Thank you DJI-Jackson, I have sent an email to support@dji.com
2015-1-21
Use props
mariano1973
New

Argentina

Any news? Same problem
2015-5-20
Use props
anthony.kolenbe
lvl.2

Suriname

everybody has this same problem all of sudden? dji FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!
2015-6-29
Use props
eliandro torres
lvl.1

Brazil

apparently the DJI has launched a "bomb update", my 2 phantom with LB and GoPro 4 black were perfect until last week, so updated to latest version, in two days it stopped working  with GoPro (only with goPro, with canon mark ii, sj4000, bluray player works perfectly).
it's the only way to sell  the inspire one and the phantom 3 with 4K cameras.
i use products dji since the company started with drones, but now i am selling my phantoms and buying drones from a serious company.

srry for my english...
2015-6-29
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I believe the air unit has a reset button you can activate with a small paper clip or sewing needle. Then for hell of it try to re bind the ground and air units. And maybe try a different hdmi cable to the air unit..  Also thee were times I had to leave the ground and air unite powered on with the antennas on and plugged into my computers USB port for almost 10 min before everything would show up in the assistant software.  I've also had a bad USB cable cause issues, on my naza controller it wouldn't connect to my computer but with the same USB cable my h3-3d gimble and iosd would and on my lightbridge system the main controller would show up in the assistant software but the encoders and de coders wouldn't...    So try different USB cables too..  A faulty one can do really weird things..  Even botch a firmware install..  

For all we know your hdmi cable from the gopro to lightbridge air unit went bad and then a faulty USB cord is causing the issues of parts of the system not showing up in the assistant...  Since that happened to me I bought  a good quality cable and have never had any issues since..
2015-7-5
Use props
Jaime
lvl.3
Mexico

Is there a fix for this yet? I also have the same issue, I cannot upgrade the Air unit encoder or transmitter, they do not show up on the app. The system seems to be working, but I don't think I would fly this if it may have a potential issue. Alternatively is there a way to force the update on the app?
2015-8-12
Use props
liorshenhar
New

Israel

any solution for this problem?

i am in the same boat
2016-1-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

There are multiple posts on the same topic. DJI needs to respond to this as it is a hardware fault NOT firmware / software.

The red light on the video (and green light on the control side) + the fact that the 'Air system encoder' and 'Air system transmitter' portions of the firmware status are blank.
Like you I have tried swapping cables and craft and these are not at fault. All the faults you describe (no telemetry but the fact that the aircraft will fly - its just blind) are identical.
Thankfully, I have a redundant airside system and it works fine with the same ground unit  and Tx.

I suspect that the electronic components used in the LB1 are sub-standard but lets see what the moderator says about this.
2016-1-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

liorshenhar Posted at 2016-1-26 16:43
any solution for this problem?

i am in the same boat

See http://forum.dji.com/thread-41019-1-1.html
2016-1-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-7-5 16:54
I believe the air unit has a reset button you can activate with a small paper clip or sewing needle. ...

See http://forum.dji.com/thread-41019-1-1.html
2016-1-30
Use props
matskong
New

Norway

hello

Same problem here
Ground unit all updated. Works fine, can see transmitter movements on channel view.

Air unit v 1.0.6
Nothing shows on Air system encoder and transmitter. Not possible to update.
Worked fine earlier.
Have green link light, but nothing works.

Help!

2016-2-21
Use props
Yep,
Sounds exactly like the issue I'm having too... kind of glad I'm not the only one.

But it is kind of sad that there's no resolution on here.
2016-2-22
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

Dear all,
I found a BUG in the lightbridge and I think DJI should find a solution for us, because it played with us for too long.
I have a lot of Lightbridge and they dead one after each other as soon as their battery get discharged after long period where i didn't used them (If you stored it without charging it, you can have the problem also after one month).
As soon as the ground unit battery get fully discharged, the firmware of the device stops to work correctly. You can recharge the battery but, connecting it to the assistant, you will see just one of the 3 firmware component versions, and connecting the device to the smartphone, you will not be able to get connected and receive images.
The problem is described in detail on internet, in a lot of forums. You can read in example the following thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware.76946/
and http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... irmware-hack.77073/
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053
etc.etc.

I wrote that DJI is playing with us, because i returned 2 times my devices to DJI in order to solve this problem, but each time, if  the batteries get discharged, they get broken again.
We need a solution or a workaround because we work with these devices and it is not possible that I need to send to DJI the device each time that i need to work. Moreover I'm quite sure that after the guarantee period, DJI will not longer repair the unit for free. And moreover each time I have to pay the shipment to China and wait for the repair. This is not acceptable.
At least we should pretend a detailed problem description.
I discovered a lot of things about this device, by reading the second link i posted.

Regards
Emanuele
2016-8-9
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

there is the problem solution if the problem is related to ground unit.
If your problem is in the air unit, equivalent solution can be applied, but you have to study on it.
this is the problem solution for ground unit: http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... sistant-tool.77073/
2016-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules