Phantom 4 dji app froze. Phatom 4 went into a tree. Need spare parts
1244 9 2016-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom48
New

Singapore

Hi

I was flying the phantom 4 in sports mode and the app froze and the phantom 4 went into a tree and then hit branches and fell down. I was less then 30m from the drone when this happened.
One of the landing gear legs bent and the screws were sheared off from the white underbody shell. Additionally the gimbal and camera is working ok but the vertical gimbal arm is bent too.

I don't know if this is under warranty when the app failure results in drone failure and damage. I love my drone so willing to replace spare parts myself. Though cannot find landing gear or gimbal parts. Additionally have to buy the full shell to have the white underbody part.

Dji support team. Please help

Thank you.
2016-5-28
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Sorry for your crash, good way to look at it though,
jump in and fix!

I do have to ask if you were flying a poi or pre planned flight?

The reason I ask is that when just flying in visual range the app is not needed to fly or control the quad.
As long as the RC is connected you can fly and steer the phantom without any issue.
Many folks have had to reboot phones etc running GO app and the only loss is video and telemetry.

Good  luck and have fun flying!
2016-5-28
Use props
djiphantom48
New

Singapore

Thanks for the info. Im aware of that. Though the app froze when the drone also decided to fly up itself. There was correlation at that moment. Just dont know why. Damaged my drone.
2016-5-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"I don't know if this is under warranty when the app failure results in drone failure and damage."
App failure shouldn't result in drone failure.
When/if the app stops you still have full control over the Phantom.
You can fly it up/down, left/right, RTH etc just as you can with the app working.
You just don't have the camera vision to assist you.

Was the "drone decided to fly up itself" something related to the object avoidance system?
If so, it sounds like  you might have been flying in a bad location that could have resulted in a crash with or without the app.
Flying close to trees and buildings is the number one cause of crashes.
Get in that close to trees and you are asking for trouble.
2016-5-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash. Actually the app won't lead to the drone's crash and you still can control the drone by your RC at that time. I'd suggest you to download the flight data (.DAT files) of the accident date from you drone and send it to support@dji.com. Our tech support will look into your case.Don't forget to sync your flight record. Thank you.
2016-5-28
Use props
djiphantom48
New

Singapore

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-29 14:16
Sorry for your crash. Actually the app won't lead to the drone's crash and you still can control the ...

Hi.

Ok. I'll work with the dji support.

Nobody has answered my original question.

Where do i get the spare parts i need. I don't want to buy 3rd party gimbal yaw vertical arm and the landing gear leg plus the white unset body.

Thanks
2016-5-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

djiphantom48 Posted at 2016-5-29 15:38
Hi.

Ok. I'll work with the dji support.

Unfortunately the parts are not available in our official online store. Maybe you can find some local dealers for help.
2016-5-28
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-29 01:54
Unfortunately the parts are not available in our official online store. Maybe you can find some lo ...

Really? What about out of warranty drones? You guys simply do not sell replacement parts? I never even considered that as a possibility! I just assumed that when warranty expired, I'd be fixing things with DJI parts....
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-30 06:17
Really? What about out of warranty drones? You guys simply do not sell replacement parts? I never  ...

If you need the repairing service, feel free to contact our North America service center in their working hours.But currently not all the parts are available on our official online store.See here:
http://store.dji.com/category/ph ... ?from=menu_products
2016-5-29
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-29 22:04
If you need the repairing service, feel free to contact our North America service center in their  ...

Well, good to know.. I hope to not have to ever use your repair services.. but ;) Thx for the info.. so some parts are available, some are not.. Good to know, just in case!
2016-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules