Follow me mode...weak GPS -not enough satellites..
1843 6 2016-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dentin11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155646 ft

Every time I try using Follow me mode, I get an error message not enough satellites.  BUT I have 16 satellites engaged!    Waypoint works fine, Bird flys great!
Anyone care to comment?

2016-5-28
Use props
Stephen Marley
lvl.2

Australia

Had my Inspire pro since January and still haven't had follow me work. Always the same message even when I have 20 satellites.
2016-5-28
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Don't think the weak signal is from the Inspire, as you say you have many satellites. Think the message is about the RC, make sure the front of the controller sees the sky. You can also use a device/tablet that have a GPS built in like a cellular version of iPad.
Sattelite count in the app is for the aircraft position, the Inspire controller has it's own GPS in the front and that is what is used for "Follow mode". the gps must see the sky but is somewhat limited and you are better off with an ipad with built in GPS.
2016-5-28
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
United States

Yes. Good point. I will try later with iPhone 6 Plus S!  That's probably the reason. A few weeks ago it worked fine on my other inspire but I think I was using the iPhone
My mini is wifi only
2016-5-28
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
United States

Yes. Good point. I will try later with iPhone 6 Plus S!  That's probably the reason. A few weeks ago it worked fine on my other inspire but I think I was using the iPhone
My mini is wifi only
2016-5-28
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3

Hey Stephen, were you using a wifi only device?
2016-5-28
Use props
Stephen Marley
lvl.2

Australia

dentin11 Posted at 2016-5-29 07:34
Hey Stephen, were you using a wifi only device?

Was using iPad air 2 wifi only, will try using the iphone 6 see if that works.
2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules