video timestamp incorrect
8149 24 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dick nixon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206401 ft
United States

I have noticed that after I import the photos and videos off the SD card, the timestamp for the videos is off by 4 hours.  The photos are correct.  For example, I was flying around 7 PM last night.  The videos indicate they were taken around 3 PM, but the photos correctly indicate 7 PM.  Is there some setting where I can get the clock for the videos set correctly?

2016-5-29
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Isn't there a setting in the MC area?
2016-5-29
Use props
dick nixon
lvl.1
United States

What is the MC area?
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Dick, what kind of drone and sd card do you use? Do you try to reset the camera settings and adjust your time settings in your mobile device?
2016-5-29
Use props
dick nixon
lvl.1
United States

I am using the P3A, the stock SD card and a iPad Air 2.  I don't see how the make of the SD card could impact the timezone being off by 4 hours, so your line of questions see very odd.

I import the photos and videos off the SD card directly to my Photos on the Mac.  I do this routinely with other cameras (GOPRO, iPhone, Cannon, Nikon), and I don't have any similar issues other than some camera might be off by an hour if the day light savings time is off.  My guess is the camera on the Phantom has separate clock or timezone setting for the photos and videos.  The videos setting must be wrong, but I don't see anywhere in the settings to adjust it.
2016-5-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Is your mac set up to the proper time zone? i ave noticed that my windows will sometimes adjust time of downloaded photos, if the camera is configured for diff time zone, or perhaps does not have daylight settings turned on...
I cannot recall anything on the GO app where you set the timezone, I assume it comes from the phone/tablet.. but I might be wrong.
Weird!
2016-5-31
Use props
mriksman_mavic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Confirm i'm having the same issue. After flying the Mavic Pro, I take the SD Card out and download the pictures and videos. Pictures show correct date in my iOS Photos album, but videos are 8 hours ahead. I am +8GMT. So it seems Apple is displaying the wrong time/date on videos due to some issue dealing with UTC and Local time.
2017-1-4
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

I'm having the same issue.  Photos show the correct date/time however the vispdeo is 11 hours ahead.  I am +11 GMT.  I'm using an android device.  When I was using an iPad it had the correct date/time stamp
2017-1-5
Use props
Bundyman
New
Flight distance : 27740 ft
Australia

My Phantom 4 is the same except it it 10 hours ahead. Have tried different cards, formatted with 32 fat and exfat still the same. Have tried it on three different devices, e.g. iPad Pro, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6s all the same. The only way to get the time correct on the video is set the time back 10 hours on the device and than it shows the time as correct. have been in discussions with DJI and now they want me to send the aircraft to them so they can see the error
2017-1-20
Use props
scoutdogg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1699600 ft
United States

Same issue here! I took photos and video yesterday with my Mavic 2 Zoom. When I imported them via Wi-Fi from the drone to my iPhone X using the built in import features of the DJI Go 4 app, the pictures show as 10am (correct) and the videos show as 2am (incorrect). I’m in the Pacific timezone (GMT -8).

I’ve noticed the pictures and videos have always had timestamps that are out of sync with each other since getting my first drone (Mavic Pro Platinum) just over a year ago.  I’m surprised it isn’t fixed by now.

Anyone here heard a solution yet?
2018-12-28
Use props
fansd27a86a2
New
Flight distance : 15860 ft
United States

I’m also having the same issue with a Mavic 2 zoom. The pictures are correct, but the video is off by -4 hours. I am -4GMT. It’s obviously a problem with the firmware, but I don’t understand why i don’t hear more people talking about it and why DJI isn’t addressing it!
2019-3-29
Use props
jocamero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577487 ft
United States

Having the same issue with a Mavic 2 Pro (with of course the latest firmware).

Any resolution to this issue?  Or does DJI not monitor these forums for bug fixes to their software?
2020-1-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't have this problem.  But my understanding is the AC gets its time and date from the mobile device.  So you might double check your mobile device and be sure everything is correct as far as time, date, time zone, etc.  Another idea is deliberately set your mobile device to the wrong time to trick the AC.  Just an idea.  Good luck
2020-1-6
Use props
headhacker
New

United States

This forum question started in 2016, and has spanned almost all DJI product lines, and now it is October 2020, and Mavic Mini has the exact same issue.

I can confirm that it is not a SD card issue, nor my Mac settings, or anything extraneous. I've checked the EXIF data in both a picture and movie, and they are indeed 4 hours apart. Which is my timezone at the moment. The bad part is that some dates have a TZ component which is correct, but the time never varies. So it assumes current timezone and adds it anyway.

For reference, here are the EXIF tags being generated. The issue should be clear from the data below. These two were taken about a minute apart (1:06) for reference.

======== 20200924_181447.JPG
[System]        FileModifyDate       : 2020:09:24 18:14:47-04:00
[System]        FileInodeChangeDate  : 2020:09:24 18:14:47-04:00
[ExifIFD]       DateTimeOriginal     : 2020:09:24 18:14:47
[ExifIFD]       CreateDate           : 2020:09:24 18:14:47

======== 20200924_221553.MP4
[System]        FileModifyDate       : 2020:09:24 22:15:53-04:00
[System]        FileInodeChangeDate  : 2020:09:24 22:15:53-04:00
[QuickTime]     CreateDate           : 2020:09:24 22:15:53
[QuickTime]     ModifyDate           : 2020:09:24 22:15:53

Is there a setting to fix this in the software/firmware? Very annonying when naming fiies by embedded date, which is how I found this. I was going to rename all my media, and can't easily due to this issue.

Again - same Mavic Mini drone, same day, same microSD card, same flight, same Mac - different timestamps.

Thanks,
Jon
2020-10-19
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Never noticed, must have a look!
2020-10-20
Use props
ProSki23
lvl.1
Australia

Took a shot today which is time stamped as 29/10/2020 - 4:37pm.
The Video I shot moments later is stamped 30/20/2020 - 3:38am.

11 hours ahead of the correct time ------------ Correlates to our Summer Time of GMT +11; as if the offset is applied twice.

Now notice that all Photo's & Videos follow the same pattern.

Haven't search past hitting this old thread yet, but surely there's a simple answer 4 years down the track.
Edit:- Should have added it's a Smart Controller I have; no phone involved.
2020-10-29
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

There's something a bit wrong with your second date as well, no such month as "20" - or is that a typo?
2020-10-29
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

Czechia

Just been out to record a video and take a few pix and the date stamps are correct slo not sure where your problems le? I'm in the UK.

2020-10-30
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

cheddar-man Posted at 10-30 06:26
Just been out to record a video and take a few pix and the date stamps are correct slo not sure where your problems le? I'm in the UK.

[view_image]

Yet strangely, your movie was started 5 seconds before the photo, but the photo gets a filename of 0001 and the movie gets a filename of 0002.
2020-10-31
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Pass!
I did take off with the video running (I think) and then snapped a photo once up as I wanted to check the date thing.
Can't say I'm too bothered by it, I've got the pictures I wanted so what they're numbered is somewhat irrelevant
2020-10-31
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

cheddar-man Posted at 10-31 00:55
Pass!
I did take off with the video running (I think) and then snapped a photo once up as I wanted to check the date thing.
Can't say I'm too bothered by it, I've got the pictures I wanted so what they're numbered is somewhat irrelevant

That would explain it.  I don't think the video is written out to storage until the camera buffer is filled, hence the later filename, but it still uses the correct start time in the EXIF.  I just thought it was a curiosity.
2020-10-31
Use props
snorbaard
New

South Africa

Apologies for digging out this old topic, but I noticed that same problem. Video exif timestamps are out for me. I suspected this at first, but the kinds of responses here seem to indicate that the device is recording at GMT but incorrectly applying the time zone. I'm GMT+2, but the EXIF timestamps are two hours ahead. I'm currently manually adjusting the times.
2021-1-18
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

I have this same issue with my Mavic 2 Pro.  The videos are 8 hours prior to my photos which are correctly timestamped (on computer and iphone).

What is the solution????
2021-2-10
Use props
Colin Lyon
lvl.1
Canada

Scheize Posted at 2-10 15:15
I have this same issue with my Mavic 2 Pro.  The videos are 8 hours prior to my photos which are correctly timestamped (on computer and iphone).

What is the solution????

I don't think there is a solution, has anyone actually taken the time to get a hold of DJI about this?.

I've started uploading all my videos from my spark to my phone and backing them up to the cloud as opposed to taking the s d card out of the drone. they back up to the Google cloud and that's when I noticed that half of my videos that I back up that I recorded at the same time as I took the pictures, show up as yesterday.

It's not the date or time taken from the aircraft, because the photos and videos have different date time stamps. The date time stamp on the pictures is correct, and the date time stamp on the videos is from yesterday.
2021-2-14
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

Colin Lyon Posted at 2021-2-14 12:03
I don't think there is a solution, has anyone actually taken the time to get a hold of DJI about this?.

I've started uploading all my videos from my spark to my phone and backing them up to the cloud as opposed to taking the s d card out of the drone. they back up to the Google cloud and that's when I noticed that half of my videos that I back up that I recorded at the same time as I took the pictures, show up as yesterday.

Still doesn't look like a solution.
2022-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules