Microwave or Cell Tower
748 3 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jzelek1
lvl.2

United States

Did a building structure survey last week involving stills very close to each of the sides of a 20 story building. Did not realize till after the shoot, when reviewing the photos, that there was either a cell or microwave antenna at the top on one of the corners. My compass was going wacky and another message about switching modes appeared when I was at the top of the building and I thought maybe there was an elevator or lots of steel near by. Had to complete the job so got the shot and quickly moved down from the edge. Should have flown above the building first but never had any experience with this before. Very difficult shoot, wind gusts 15-18mph. Lucky I had a P4 so I knew how close I was to the side of the building. Just a heads up to other folks. Tough shoot all the way around. Winds were not predicted to be nearly that high, 90 minute drive so had to make the most of it. Was worried about my quads' electronics but seem to be ok. Will definately avoid those in the future.
2016-5-29
Use props
stu
New

United States

I fly my P4 primarily at cellular/microwave sites. RF energy can interfere with your ground station link, but I dont think it will damage your electronics. Guy wires and other overhead wiring is your biggest enemy.
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello jzelek1, when your quads' electronics become bad, you'll get a notification or warning from the app when you fire up the drone.So don't worry about that. What's more, it is recommended to keep the drone away from buildings and cell towers etc. 飞行环境.JPG
2016-5-29
Use props
jzelek1
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-30 03:18
Hello jzelek1, when your quads' electronics become bad, you'll get a notification or warning from th ...

Normally I would not fly close to a building, but the job involved inspecting the building facade for material defects in the concrete and seams, so had to get close
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules