Feature Request: Cache Map HQ Auto selection
1081 5 2015-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fawkem911
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So far I don't see a way of being able to cache high res maps unless I premedidate where exactly I will be flying, zoom right in before leaving the house, drag across an entire area for which I think I might fly, wait for each section to load and hope I haven't missed anything.

What happens when you know roughly the location your heading, but not the exact area you will be flying.

Before I ordered I was told that you download the one map for offline use, I was told this would cover all of England, I thought hey.. that sounds awesome (little birdy saying thats gotta be too good to be true).. this was obviously mis information.

A great feature would be if you could specify a grid (maybe draw out a rectangle over a zoomed out map area) click cache and the app downloads all the high res files it needs?

Are there any other ways to cache maps other then to guess destination, zoom and drag regions?
2015-1-20
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I'm all for this feature
2015-1-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using, android or iOS?
2015-1-20
Use props
Plus Form
lvl.1

Android here, +1 for this feature.. Such a pain in the arse to have to zoom every level over the area you might fly,. only to get out and find out you've missed a section, then your stuff. Need an auto cache all area function desperately. I live in a rural area, wifi hotspots are non existent.
2015-1-23
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

With android you can select areas up to 50km x 50km and save the map to your device. That map will then stay on the device until you remove that map or erase the device. It takes 2-3 minutes to same a large map if you have a good wifi connection. Use the google maps app, navigate to the location you want to save. Zoom in/out to show an area no larger than 50 x 50mk (it will say the area is too large if you are trying to save too much) and then save the map. It will also ask you for a name to call the map. Once the map is saved it will automatically used by the DJI map.
2015-1-23
Use props
FlyRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708842 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Apps,  MotionX GPS for iOS has great solve map download. You must select circle or area for download, select map type,,,,    google map, apple map, bing map, terrain, topo, openstreat map.... And download selected map. This map we have with name in apps, and can be deleted when we don't need more, when finish this job.
2015-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules