Phantom 3 Video Lag/Delay help!
41621 72 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ahmet67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 984852 ft
Turkey

ok ive tried the cable thing, unplugged the one on the gimbal while the drone is on. then connected the cable back again. bingo ! all works perfect atm!!
2016-7-27
Use props
Ahmet67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 984852 ft
Turkey

info:

ive tried 2nd option;

unplugged the cable that goes to gimbal (while drone is on) then plugged it back in.

perfect now!!!

Thx for the tips "thomasneumann10"
2016-7-28
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

if anyone else is having severe lag and fpv distortion try my method and let me know if it has worked for you. thanks
2016-7-28
Use props
yonexsp
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Pulling the cable and putting it back in did the trick.
2016-8-10
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

yonexsp Posted at 2016-8-10 20:53
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Pulling the cable and putting it back in did the trick.

Glad it worked for you and many others!!!
2016-8-15
Use props
rickyram
lvl.1

Mexico

I was having the same problem and trying everything....so the last step was the good one, i just made a "Gimbal auto calibration" and it works again¡¡¡¡¡....the viodeo transmition now it´s almost without delay
2016-9-10
Use props
userbbdd101271
New

Canada

I just started having this same issue with my phantom 3 advanced, I thought it was because I was trying it with my new galaxy s7 but then tried with my iPad and it was doing the same thing. I'll try disconnecting the gimbal tonight and reconnecting and hopefully this works
2016-9-19
Use props
userbbdd101271
New

Canada

I'm having this same issue. I thought it was because I was testing out my new galaxy s7 but it's doing the same thing on my iPad.  I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting the gimbal tonight
2016-9-19
Use props
randev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2064 ft
Philippines

thomasneumann10 Posted at 2016-8-15 05:23
Glad it worked for you and many others!!!

hello, thomasneumann10. seems you have the solution to my problem... but i don't know exactly what cable you were all talking about... is it one of the ribbon cables (black) or the gimbal wires (white)?
2016-12-28
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Has anybody tried replacing the ribbon cables to the gimbal. I wonder if it could be a cheap and permanent fix?
2016-12-28
Use props
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

I have a similar problem, after 2-4,mins I get a crappy video feed it stutters under I get purple stripes on my screen

I use galaxy tab a 10.1
It is not a range issue or channel related. I even unlocked 32ch and switch to custom and it still appears.

When I take the USB cable in/out it works again flawless for 3-5mins until it starts again.

GPU rendering and USB debugging enabled. (Disabling doesn't make a change either)
2017-2-9
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.2
United States

Could yall please give me more details on to which usb cable you all speak of?   I would like to give this a try as I am having serious issues with live video feed,  below is the issue I am having this only happens in my live feed,  not the actual video recorded on the sd card.

2017-2-9
Use props
ICHAWKEYE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79738 ft
United States

I've been having the same problems with my P3A for the past 2 weeks as well.  After lots of reading, here's what I'm starting to conclude.  I did these steps:

bluegrassaudio Posted at 2016-6-2 05:55
I pad pro and P3 pro. It did not matter where I was , the problem was the same.  Flight record sho ...
View full quote
So as of right now, here are some things you can do to ensure that there is a solid Lightbridge connection between your aircraft and RC:

Reset your RC using the following button commands:

- Turn on the controller, and leave the aircraft off.
- Press and hold C1, C2, and Shutter on the controller, which will generate a quick audio queue, then turn the controller off while still holding the buttons.
- When you turn the RC back on, this should remove any presets that could be hindering the transmission signal to the aircraft.

That seemed to have fixed my very long "lag" problem (which was 5 seconds best guess).

What I also seemed to see is that if I re-link the RC, the problem comes back immediately.

Where I stand now is that it appears to have fixed my problem, but dark and too late to fly tonight.  I'll give it a try in the morning and respond further.
2017-2-15
Use props
fanse33d6a4e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 383970 ft
Spain

Hello to ALL

I am having the same problem as well with my P3P.  Using DJIgo or Litchi.... video lag, lag, lag!   Could someone POST a detailed photo of what cables on the Gimbel/camera we should reset?

Thank you
2017-3-6
Use props
amberlucas
lvl.1
Spain

Hello???

Is this issue DEAD now???

Its seems my video link starts out good.. then after a few minutes, the video link starts to LAG again... restart of the GO, video is good again, but again, only for a few minutes..

This happens in DJIGO and LITCHI the same.

Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
2017-3-11
Use props
fans6c69c080
New
Flight distance : 362628 ft
Italy

i am an italian pilot of a P3A and I m now experiencing the SAME CHOPPY VIDEO Streaming ISSUE... My drone has 2 years more or less and always flew very smooth until the last update. I m very disappointed.
2017-3-12
Use props
Rashidi
New
Malaysia

Had the same problem for months. It seem there are suggestion to remove n reinstall the gimbal cable. It is an easy job n there are videos on YouTube to do this. Try this as it fixed mine.
2017-3-13
Use props
amberlucas
lvl.1
Spain

Rashidi Posted at 2017-3-13 01:55
Had the same problem for months. It seem there are suggestion to remove n reinstall the gimbal cable. It is an easy job n there are videos on YouTube to do this. Try this as it fixed mine.

Hello Rashida

I can see this as a fix if you ALWAYS have bad video stream... BUT what is happening is that the video is great the first 3 to 5 minutes, then starts to go bad... Reset ONLY the DJIgo program, the the video is good again but only for a few minute, then bad again..

I cannot see this as a cable problem.

I am using all sorts of "android" devices and this happens on all of them.

Personally I think DJI should stop mixing devices and do a program for android and one for IOS.

This is where this is all getting confusing and causing problems.

If you have any good advice, please let me know.

thanks
2017-3-13
Use props
amberlucas
lvl.1
Spain

ICHAWKEYE Posted at 2017-2-15 18:05
I've been having the same problems with my P3A for the past 2 weeks as well.  After lots of reading, here's what I'm starting to conclude.  I did these steps:

Hello

at the very end of your summary... you dont make much sense...  did the problem come back after re-linking or not????

did this solve your video lag or not???

thanks for a more senseable reply
2017-3-13
Use props
amberlucas
lvl.1
Spain

2017-3-13
Use props
iflyskyhigh284
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224298 ft
United States

Just got my P3P refurb  last week direct from DJI. Seems to work good with my iPhone 6s Plus, by iPad mini 2 (retina) wifi/LTE stutters as previously described on other posts in this thread. Video records to SD card fine, but live feed is wonky. Hardware acelration is turned on. Video cache is off. Thought it was just a problem with my iPads, but after reading this seems to be a widespread issue. On the road now, but will try disconnecting and reconnecting gimbal when I get home. See if that helps. Can't imagine what effect that would have, but seems to have helped others.
2017-3-29
Use props
fans56ec173f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4504462 ft
United States

Just thought I'd add what I found a while back, since, seems to be an issue with P3 Adv/pro's.

http://uavdoc.com/2016/phantom-3-advanced-video-lag-fixed/7/

I've found sometimes it can be the cables to the gimbal, and sometimes it's an over heating problem. Pretty easy to test which it is.
2017-4-27
Use props
Crom
New
Turkey

randev Posted at 2016-12-28 06:26
hello, thomasneumann10. seems you have the solution to my problem... but i don't know exactly what cable you were all talking about... is it one of the ribbon cables (black) or the gimbal wires (white)?

I think he meant the white cable, at least it worked on me.
2017-5-12
Use props
Tascaford
lvl.1
United States

I had this issue as well and found this fix.  It worked like a charm and was easy to do
2017-6-10
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

Tascaford Posted at 2017-6-10 13:44
I had this issue as well and found this fix.  It worked like a charm and was easy to do

Yes.... this is a definite fix.

I was apprehensive at first but it's actually very straightforward.

Before the fix I was getting very bad lag as the components heated up.

My phantom is as good as new..... minimal lag.
2017-7-19
Use props
Cerino2000
lvl.1

United States

Scotty S Posted at 2017-7-19 05:08
Yes.... this is a definite fix.

I was apprehensive at first but it's actually very straightforward.

Did you guys ever consider that this more complex fix isn't what actually cured it but instead it was the fact that you have to unplug and replug the cable in that cured it?
2017-8-16
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Cerino2000 Posted at 2017-8-16 08:18
Did you guys ever consider that this more complex fix isn't what actually cured it but instead it was the fact that you have to unplug and replug the cable in that cured it?

You know that is a possibility.  I work in electronics, and it's a know fact in our business that sometime just re-seating boards or unplugging and plugging in again will fix some problems.
2017-8-16
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

Cerino2000 Posted at 2017-8-16 08:18

Tried the cable only - no difference.

This was what worked for me.
2017-8-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Something to keep in mind is that the aircraft does not 'lag' in transmitting the video signal, nor is there any 'lag' in the RC unit. It is purely an issue with whatever device you are using to run the DJI Go App. It means that device cannot handle the video stream fast enough.
2017-8-16
Use props
fansd7c4cf36
lvl.1
Flight distance : 420705 ft
United Kingdom

I had the very same problem for two months.. poor video and cammera transmission..  5-7 second delays..I tried everything ,soft wear updates and firmwear updates and , usb debugs, app reloading, decided to take off the camera and then reinstalled the complete camera and gimbal.... it was the connections.. they had must of come lose.. now it works like new!! woop woop.. hope this helps everyone..
2018-4-7
Use props
Fransje123
lvl.2
Netherlands

Got the same issue... I have a delay of approx. 2 seconds in the app. Recorded video on SD looks just fine.
2018-11-24
Use props
Yuan Arga
lvl.1
Indonesia

I succeeded by cleaning the receiver circuit board and all the sockets that connected the gimbal board
2018-12-30
Use props
Pelle65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377415 ft
Norway

This is very easy !! The cables on top of the gimbal are causing the problems,so here's how to fix this: Loosen the gimbal and take off the cables from all 3 contacts,then clean ALL contacts with a solcent that vaporises,and clean them good,then put it all together,and go flying
2019-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules