lots of trees but did pretty good
779 6 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
t_diiorio
New
Flight distance : 41424 ft
United States

About my 5th flight,just showing a friend  the Drone.

2016-5-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Did you copy that footage off your phone? I notice it is only 720p and has lot of coding artefacts. There is a much better quality copy on the SD card in the aircraft.
2016-5-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

As First Officer Geebax pointed out,  your Phantom will produce much better quality video than that.  If that video came from the SD card in the aircraft, there is a problem with it.
2016-5-29
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Flying like this by the tree.. nice effect, but not the smartest thing to do.. All it takes is a gps problem, or a gust of wind at the wrong time, and you will probably not be flying this baby again...
2016-5-29
Use props
t_diiorio
New
United States

Honestly I haven't fiddled with the camera controls yet spending most of my time learning to fly it, learning the machine ,I just started messing with the camera pushing buttons, somebody was saying that the factory setting that is in the Phantom is 30 frames per second, I think this is the only one with 30 frames-per-second all of the others are 24 frames per second I believe we're looking at 30 frames per second, it's also not from the SD card it's from the recording sent to my tablet recorded by the tablet during the flight so it's actually what I'm seeing, probably not the best quality as the SD card like you are saying , I still have a lot to learn
2016-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was half expecting a loss of signal, and an immediate RTH decent (less than 20m (OK, some of the time:-) )) straight into the trees (being almost directly above gives you the worst antenna position regarding the aircraft, and potentially RTH due to loss of signal ). If the aircraft initiates a RTH (Return To Home) and is within 20m horizontally of take off position then it will just land.

Read up on return to home and get out into an open area and practice the various scenarios, there have been many crashed their aircraft in similar situation through not being aware of what RTH means.

For best antenna position have a look at this thread :- http://forum.dji.com/thread-45362-1-1.html
2016-5-30
Use props
t_diiorio
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-30 13:02
I was half expecting a loss of signal, and an immediate RTH decent (less than 20m (OK, some of the t ...

I guess that shows how well the Phantom 4 drone is I've done this about 3 or 4 times this being the most difficult because of the trees and it pulled it off very well
2016-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules