Fix for not flying straight
1883 13 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

Is there a fix for not flying straight? I noticed this to today. I was trying to fly down the middle of a narrow (20 feet wide) street lined with flags. I took off in the middle of the street , went to about 10' high and started down the street slowly. I constantly had to nudge it back to the left. Before we get to far let me state that I had permission to do this. It's a city cementary and there was no one there. My bird is the P3P and is up to date. I did an IMU check and calibration about a week ago and a compass calibration at the same time. Both were successful. After the update I kept getting weak or no RC  signal warnings so I relinked the RC to the AC and it has been fine. I thought it might be my control so turned it around and flew back and had to nudge it back to the right constantly. Is there a fix? Could my compass calibration be off? Value on the compass before the flight was 1366. There are small power lines that go across the front and back of the cementary and the closest I was to them was about 50'. Any ideas?
2016-5-29
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

It's probably just the wind.  I've noticed when I'm flying an initial Points of Interest pattern that I have to make corrections.  When it flies the actual pattern using the GPS it's ruler straight between points.

FlightPaths.jpg
2016-5-29
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Try setting up a waypoint at either end and flying that. As gil says probably just wind.

Which way were the flags blowing? Do you have the video?

2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello PartsGuy, could you please sync your flight record and leave me your dji account here? I'll take a look.
2016-5-30
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-30 03:43
Hello PartsGuy, could you please sync your flight record and leave me your dji account here? I'll ta ...

cutlerc is account
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Full email address of your DJI account is necessary.
2016-5-31
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-31 19:38
Full email address of your DJI account is necessary.

Ahhh. cutlerc@kanab.net
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

What's the details of this issue?It would be better to tell me the flight time, distance as well as the accurate time.
2016-5-31
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 00:10
What's the details of this issue?It would be better to tell me the flight time, distance as well a ...

Now I'm confused. What in the world are you talking about? You ask me to sync my flight records and give my email address and I do. Then you ask this?
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

PartsGuy Posted at 2016-6-1 18:54
Now I'm confused. What in the world are you talking about? You ask me to sync my flight records an ...

Sorry for your confusion. When I finish syncing, I get numbers of records. It would be better to point out the typical one to show the issue.
2016-6-1
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 04:57
Sorry for your confusion. When I finish syncing, I get numbers of records. It would be better to p ...

The last flight was the most noticeable. Any of the recent flights show some drifting to the left when flying away. The last flight was what prompted me to ask about it.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

PartsGuy Posted at 2016-6-2 08:51
The last flight was the most noticeable. Any of the recent flights show some drifting to the left  ...

Thanks for your information. I've checked some of your recent flights.The drone did drift left a little bit (the drifting time was about 2 or 3 seconds) but it kept holding its attitude and responded to your command correctly. You don't need to worry about this and this issue is acceptable. What's more, I'd suggest you to change a set of new props and calibrate the IMU of your drone.
2016-6-1
Use props
stefk1987
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518176 ft
Greece

DJI-Paladin, what if we have new props and emu calibrations?? please advise us something else. i had the same issue and your answer was the same. PartsGuy i tried with another iOS device. the problem has solved but...
yesterday the same issue returned. i do not know what to say. maybe it is caused by the wind.. dji can't answer.
2016-6-2
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 21:08
Thanks for your information. I've checked some of your recent flights.The drone did drift left a l ...

Thank you. The issue reveals itself while flying in relatively close spaces. I will try new props first. The IMU calibration seems to be fine and now it's summer I don't want to extend startup times if I can avoid it.  Thanks again!
2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules