"Weak radio transmitter signal" issue occurring to many people!!!
1326 17 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
piszu1923
New

Albania

Hello, I would like mostly to hear some statement from DJI about this problem, which apparently started to occur few days ago and happens to many users of P3, P4 and Inspire, no matter of the ver. of the DJI Go app.

After flying away, reportedly, from 30 to 200 meters the "weak radio transmitter signal " comunicate appears. It usually appears for 2-5 seconds and dissappears, then it appears again.

Is it dangerous? I found my new P4 pretty reliable device, but now I am really starting to worry...
The problem was reported on polish drones group on facebook, by circa 10 operators in few different parts of the world, including Poland, Balkans, USA...
2016-5-29
Use props
piszu1923
New

Albania

So no-one else besides dozens of Polish operators experienced the problem?
2016-5-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

piszu1923@vp.pl Posted at 2016-5-30 16:15
So no-one else besides dozens of Polish operators experienced the problem?

Actually, I have never seen that message, and I have not seen it reported here either. Are you sure that is what it says?
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello piszu1923, first, when you fly your drone, please make sure the RC and antenna are in the correct position. Second, if you meet some familiar issue, feel free to sync your flight record and leave your DJI account here. We need to judge the issue case by case.
2016-5-30
Use props
bjhayes
New
United States

I started seeing that message last week.  Never did it before and drone was not very far away

I ended up having to shorten the flight.  Frustrating!
2016-6-6
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Dji-Paladin
I have problem with my phantom 4 signal lately too, I fly the inspire 1 at the same location but it seems fine.
I have sync my flight records so can you please have a look at my phantom 4 records (not inspire 1 records)
username: hungdang2812@gmail.com

Thanks
2016-6-12
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

FYI, latest firmware (411), dji go 2.8.3, calibrated IMU, sensors, compass, delete dji go app then installed it again.
I have done all steps but my phantom 4 still have problem.
2016-6-12
Use props
bigmouth.kwok
lvl.2
Hong Kong

hungdang Posted at 2016-6-13 10:52
FYI, latest firmware (411), dji go 2.8.3, calibrated IMU, sensors, compass, delete dji go app then i ...

Same as you.
I found that it happened after the 2nd update. Repeatedly informed Dji we have this problem but seems they only shirked the responsibility to the customers with poor antennae positioning.
However I use the same antennae position, same place; but after the FW updated, reception became exceptionally poor once the P4 fly away for 10m. No matter how bad your antennae positioned, I don't think 10m will have such significant difference.
2016-6-12
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Can any DJI staff here please have a look at my flight log.
the Phantom 4 could not handle signal well specially when there is another DJI quadcopter flying around (phantom 3 or inspire 1)
when I was flying if someone with phantom 3 or inspire 1 turned on, my phantom lost signal and disconnected straight away, please look into the way phantom 4 handle the signal.

Thanks
2016-6-13
Use props
asdisp
lvl.1

Indonesia

I Also had Signal lost after V.401 upgrade with only at 267m altitude then my P4 go RTH.
Bit worry when flying after this happen.
2016-6-13
Use props
Philj6970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840663 ft
Australia

I have had weak signal issues too, never had a signal loss RTH in my home area yet, but had one last flight.

Its either the craft (P4) FW update or the DJI Go app update as I did both at the same time.
2016-6-13
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-paladin i have the same issue as the OP every time weak image tramision i dont know why, i was flying near my aircraft P4 and these start happening in the last 2 updates. any way you guys can help us
2016-6-14
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

The issue was fixed, but it is not in the firmware.  The latest app (iOS) update fixed it.
2016-6-14
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

bobasbury Posted at 2016-6-14 20:21
The issue was fixed, but it is not in the firmware.  The latest app (iOS) update fixed it.

No, the DJI Go app did not fix this problem.
please try to fly with another person who has phantom 3 or inspire 1 then you will know what the OP's problem
2016-6-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

hungdang Posted at 2016-6-15 09:14
No, the DJI Go app did not fix this problem.
please try to fly with another person who has phantom ...

There are only a lmitied number of available channels the Phantom can select, 8 in fact, in a non-modified aircraft. Therefore if you are flying with other machines, it is quite possible there are no spare channels. This is not a fault, just a limitation you will have to live with.

2016-6-14
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-15 09:35
There are only a lmitied number of available channels the Phantom can select, 8 in fact, in a non- ...

Engineers and developers from DJI are smart, we need to feed back so they can fix the problem which they had overlooked.
FYI, we could not fly two inspire 1 in one location long time back, they have fixed it so hopefully they can fix this again, it is not right if we can't fly two DJI quadcopters in same location. my phantom 4 will disconnected if someone just turned on his/her phantom 3 while i was flying.
2016-6-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

hungdang Posted at 2016-6-15 11:26
Engineers and developers from DJI are smart, we need to feed back so they can fix the problem whic ...

Well good luck with that, but DJI have followed the same routine used by other RC aircraft makers, using frequency hopping radio systems that sense interferrence and change channels. The factory-delivered aircraft has 8 channels to choose from, and if you are flying in an urban area, or there are people nearby with WiFi enabled on their phones, then the number of available channels will be reduced. If you then fire up another aircrqaft, that takes yet another channel.

As I said before, it is not a fault, nor is it a problem the developers have overlooked. It is a limitation you have to live with. There is a modification that unlocks more potential channels, but if you perform that modification in many countries, including Australia, you may have to deal with the relevant spectrum  management authorities.

Oh, BTW, I doubt this has anything to do with the issue the OP reported. He never mentioned problems when flying with other aircraft.

2016-6-14
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Any DJI staff here, can you please look into my flight log. Thanks
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now