Another Inspire 1 case
5875 19 2015-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blip
lvl.2

United States

Dear Inspire flyers

Would you guys recommend another case I can use rather than the one given to us by DJI? It stands out too much and also is too soft and flimsy.

Thanks

2015-1-20
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I agree a bit soft for aircraft but please explain "it stands out to much". Have you got a bright yellow one ?? I have a black one and I keep losing it . Swappsy ??
2015-1-20
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Goprofessional extreme cases .... are exellent but cost a bit ...
They make a very nice inspire case.
2015-1-20
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

The best DJI cases I  have seen so far are made by HPRC www.plaber.com, their HPRC2700 for Phantom 2 is an awesome product.
I already contacted them to see if they're planning a case for Inspire, they confirmed, but that was before DJI decided to offer a free case, so maybe it's not such a good idea anymore.
Time will tell, when I will receive an answer I will let you know.
2015-1-20
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

mani Posted at 2015-1-21 01:34
The best DJI cases I  have seen so far are made by HPRC www.plaber.com, their HPRC2700 for Phantom 2 ...

They look like they are a very good company. Thanks for recommending it here; I hope they make a case for the Inspire 1 because I'm certain it can have a more compact design and be made of some sturdier material.
2015-1-20
Use props
jebryant10.emai
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

Has anyone removed the foam from the DJI case and used it in an other case? If so can you post info.
2015-1-20
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Was looking at Peli cases.  

I have a 1560 for  Phantom 2 + extras and it is really robust - military grade with life guarantee I believe.

Had a quick look at sizes and I think the Peli Storm 2875 should accommodate the Inspire.
2015-1-22
Use props
david_quy
lvl.2
United States

Just bought this from B&H. The internal dimension is perfect. Just drop the DJI case in and go.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/ ... s=REG&A=details
2015-1-22
Use props
line
lvl.2

United States

Just bought this from B&H. The internal dimension is perfect. Just drop the DJI case in and go.

I am currently waiting to receive my Inspire1, so I have not seen the case which comes with the Inspire.  Does the top section from the Inspire1 case fit into the Pelican case or only the bottom foam section?  Thanks
2015-1-22
Use props
david_quy
lvl.2
United States

According to the dimension given, the whole complete DJI case should fit within the Pelican case. I will  use the Pelican case for extra protection for travelling. Otherwise for everyday flying the DJI case will be just fine.
2015-1-22
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 368983 ft
Hong Kong

david_quy Posted at 2015-1-23 14:34
According to the dimension given, the whole complete DJI case should fit within the Pelican case. I  ...

How complicated is it to custom cut the foam inside a Pelican case. I know you purchased yours with no foam inside but was wondering if it is easy to make our own custom inserts.
2015-1-23
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Pgaucher@me.com Posted at 2015-1-23 18:17
How complicated is it to custom cut the foam inside a Pelican case. I know you purchased yours wit ...

I have custom cut the foam for my Phantom 2 and it is easy if you use a cheap electric carving knife.  If using the pick and pul out foam supplied by Peli, from my experience try and stick to the pre-cut lines unless you need curved cuts etc. which is fine with the knife as if cutting inbetween lines they easy become lose and peel off.  Seen a post on uTube where a huy sprayed the final finished cut out with Palsti-dip spray which then apparently seals it up making it more robust.

I made a temporary template with paper then simly cut out desired shapes with cissors overlay paper template mark up and cut out. Simples.

If you want to see my Peli case for my phantom let me know.
2015-1-23
Use props
line
lvl.2

United States

Please post a picture when you get yours put together.  Thanks
2015-1-26
Use props
Scotts
lvl.2

United States

Check this case out.

http://www.uav-outlet.com/produc ... yssMCFYOSfgodxYkAmw

2015-1-26
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

david_quy Posted at 2015-1-23 11:06
http ...

smoking deal I just bought one via your post ty..Keep in mind the case is empty and foam is needed.
300 plus foam  you can add this to it

Back pack.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... pack_converter.html
2015-1-26
Use props
jjsantry82.gmai
lvl.1

United States

The new DJI Inspire 1 case by FlyMotion Unmanned Systems is now available at California Drone Supply for $459. This case is constructed using a hi-quality Pelican case exterior and military grade foam interior. NO egg crate foam. Fits:
1 x Inspire 1 in travel mode
6 x Batteries
2 x Tablets
2 x Monitors
Propellor and accessory storage clots (even a dedicated slot for the manual!)

This case is the highest quality Inspire case currently available and manufactured by actual Inspire 1 users. Visit http://www.cadronesupply.com/fly ... cal-transport-case/ for more details.
2015-2-9
Use props
gunnell_s.msn
lvl.2

United States

I have a lot of experience custom cutting foam inserts for Pelican and Storm cases, mainly for my rifles.  This cutter works great for doing detailed cutting with a professional finished product at around $100:

FOAM CUTTER LINK

You can see a few of my cases I cut with this tool on my facebook, just click on the pics link on my account:

Facebook page
2015-2-9
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

I have the Pelican 1690 case. Cost $340 and you custom build the foam.
1690 b (500x375).jpg
1690 c (500x375).jpg
1690a500x375.jpg
2015-5-18
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mani Posted at 2015-1-21 01:34
The best DJI cases I  have seen so far are made by HPRC www.plaber.com, their HPRC2700 for Phantom 2 ...

I agree, the case they make for the Inspire is the INS2730W-01. I purchased mine from Quadcopters Ltd. (website) Units 8-9 Ashlea Industrial Est, Dawbers Lane, Euxton, Chorley. PR7 6EN. It has 2 layers. The cost was £252.00 all in.
CCI18052015.jpg

Regards.
Muzzy.

2015-5-18
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

david_quy Posted at 2015-1-23 14:34
According to the dimension given, the whole complete DJI case should fit within the Pelican case. I  ...

Perfect solution. For airplane travel, put the inspire case in the pelican case.  Lock it.  Problem solved.  Once you arrive, you can use the DJI case like you suggest for local use.  You look how the included case already has room for tablets, a lot of batteries, both controllers, and extra props.  Just over 200 dollars and free shipping to Canada for purchases over 99.
No foam plucking needed.
Pictures after you get it would be appreciated.
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules