1096 5 2016-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1500794 ft
Austria

Hi guys!

I hope someone here might be able to help me.

I didn't fly my Inspire-1 for almost two months and wanted to update the firmware before I fly again. I started with the controller and it updated without problems via the DJI-Go App.
I then powered on the inspire and wanted to exit the travel mode. Flipping the switch four times did not have any effect so I tried to do it via the DJI-Go App but also this didn't work. I assumed that due to the newer firmware on the controller the Inspire might not recognise the "Exit Travel Mode" command.

I decided to attach the gimbal and update the Inspires firmware while in travel mode. When I powered on the Inspire the Gimbal did not do "its dance" and did not make any movement at all. The DJI-Go App states "Gimbal Disconnected". I checked all Pins and cleaned them. I even removed the gimbal plate and the nose cover to check if the cables are still connected properly. Nothing brought the gimbal back to life.

The DJI-Go App is receiving battery status so controller and Inspire-1 seem connected.

I never had a crash or even a hard landing and the last flight I did with it was without any problems but now suddenly the Gimbal seems dead.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Cheers, Marco
2016-5-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

This has been covered ad nauseum on this and many other forums.
You obviously are someone who unfortunately updates things (in this case your Inspire) without reading the release notes first. The fact you are asking this question now means you STILL haven't read the release notes!
Had you have done so you would have seen that this particular situation is mentioned in the accompanying notes together with how to avoid it by NOT updating the RC fist.
I would suggest you do a search and have a read through similar threads on the forum where explanations on how to rectify the problem are documented.
Lesson learned........READ THE RELEASE NOTES BEFORE UPDATING ANYTHING.
2016-5-30
Use props
marco
lvl.3
Austria

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-5-30 12:09
This has been covered ad nauseum on this and many other forums.
You obviously are someone who unfort ...

Stupid me!

Thanks for dignifying my ignorance with a reply (don't know if I would have been so kind)

My bird is good again
2016-5-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

marco Posted at 2016-5-30 14:30
Stupid me!

Thanks for dignifying my ignorance with a reply (don't know if I would have been so ki ...

Glad you got it sorted
You won't make that mistake again.
2016-5-30
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

marco Posted at 2016-5-30 14:30
Stupid me!

Thanks for dignifying my ignorance with a reply (don't know if I would have been so ki ...

Hi marco,
I'm assuming you had to roll back the FW on the RC, if so how did you go about it? There are a lot of people making this mistake so it would be helpful for anyone reading this thread to know.
2016-5-30
Use props
marco
lvl.3
Austria

markaguille Posted at 2016-5-30 19:25
Hi marco,
I'm assuming you had to roll back the FW on the RC, if so how did you go about it? There ...

Yes - I did a firmware rollback on the RC.

Simply touch and hold the Academy button (upper right corner on home screen) for 10 seconds (in DJI-Go App). This allows you to rollback the controller firmware.

Once the controller runs on the previous firmware just upgrade the Inspire-1 firmware as usual and then upgrade the controller firmware again.
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules