Flying Under Ground?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

Can someone explain to me how I'm flying underground in this flight?  Note the arrow on the satellite view shows the location of the arrow/data on the statistic.

This was flown at the historic Mills Mansion - ABOVE GROUND - in Springer, New Mexico.

I've been getting some pretty flaky reports from my flight logs, showning outrageous [and untrue] distances and altitudes since my controller was replaced with a GL-300-C.

Any ideas on what's going on here?  Compass was calibrated at the home point before flight.

UnderGroundFlight.jpg
2016-5-30
Use props
A.robinson
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Google Earth shows that the land there is pretty flat so we can tell that the numbers are incorrect.
But until more flight data is available to assess, A Robinson's answer is about the best you'll get.
Post a link to the PhantomHelp analysis if you want to find out more.

I'd be interested to see if there is a pattern in altitude shift during the flight from start to finish - not just at one point.
2016-5-30
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

That's my point. I took off from a point that was the road at the same elevation as the point below the P3. I took this photo with my Nikon D800 just prior to flying. The position of the P3P is shown as a triangle at the time the data shown is incorrect.

For clarification: The position of the home point is the position I was standing when I took the photo attached. Note that I am below ground level seen [shown in the photo - aka, I am pointing the camera up] taking that photo. The P3P was well above the take-off point.
MillsMansion (Medium).jpg
2016-5-30
Use props
IRP
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-30
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

You didn't even notice the ghost looking out the upstairs window.

2016-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe being influenced by 'something' that's 5 foot underground
2016-5-30
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Just another detail; the Phantom's altimeter is a barometer, and as such its precision is not perfect. Even the "altitude" of the Home Point can drift by quite a lot during the time of a flight.
2016-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules