Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

2016-5-30
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Flying through the mists of time, quite a contrast between the new and the old lighthouses!  I've always been a bit envious that there are not a lot of old historic structures like that around here in Kentucky.  With the abundance of wood, early pioneers used that as the primary building material.  Metal was reserved for important things... like moonshine stills or weird stuff that I occasionally find in creek beds like this:

Weird thing.JPG
2016-5-30
Use props
Toorboy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gil Posted at 2016-5-31 00:23
Flying through the mists of time, quite a contrast between the new and the old lighthouses!  I've al ...

hi gil scotland is full of old stone structures from castles to old cottages & towers
thats a shame about the old historic structures of america they would of been just as intresting
following the footsteps of the settlers.do you do metal detecting gil? its become a bit of a new fad
over here my uncle does it up in caithness he has found old musket shot & some old norman coins.
2016-5-30
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Toorboy - great video and you did superbly to maintain interest in such a "simple" subject and small flight area for a 7-minute video.  

Was the ruin actually an earlier lighthouse?  There were some interesting bumps and lumps on the ground around it that makes me wonder if it was a previously religious site?  Any chance you could get an early morning/late evening 90-degree down shot of that promonotory - low sun angle to cause highlight and shadow on the bumps and lumps - as that might illuminate if what I'm seeing is wishful thinking or imagination?

Some of the "inlets" in the rocks next to the two structures look as though they may have been harbours for boats at some point - if you look at the drop off below water from the rocks at about 60 seconds into the video, you can see there was the water depth for bringing a boat into them, even at mid-tide, which is what it appears to be when you flew.

Thanks for sharing - enjoyed it immensely.
2016-5-31
Use props
Toorboy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-5-31 13:58
Toorboy - great video and you did superbly to maintain interest in such a "simple" subject and small ...

hi Old Geezer thanks buddy i am not sure if the old tower was being used as a old lighthouse?
the history of it is sketchy at best i do know there is another tower on the golf course at
anstruther is in much better condition. i wont be able to get back to that spot for a few weeks
but there is other drone video at that location if it helps any i watched one done with a p2v+ & gopro
hero last night just search for "elie point" or "earlsferry" on you tube. i did take some photos
with my gopro on a tripod but i have not looked at them yet if they are any good i will post em
on my google+ page just search toorboy on google but you may have to remind me as my head will be
up my hoop with work & holiday at the end of the week buddy but i will try and remember.
I also took a few photos with the p3p but I haven't looked at them ether but I will try tonight

2016-5-31
Use props
Ricky Wu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

awesome!

love ur work
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now