Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
autonomous flight mode ?
5286 12 2015-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomswell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268438 ft
United States

The recently poasted Pilot App tutorial implies that autonomus flight mode is functional. It didn't seem to do anything for me.
Also what does "enable multi flight mode" do ?
2015-1-20
Use props
outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Enable multi flight mode in the app is supposed to make your remote controller's flight mode switch *functional*.
2015-1-20
Use props
tomswell
lvl.2
United States

see other posts ... only for planning ... blue line, nothing else.
2015-1-20
Use props
tomswell
lvl.2
United States

outie Posted at 2015-1-21 01:49
Enable multi flight mode in the app is supposed to make your remote controller's flight mode switch  ...

ahhh   different modes of flight , not multiple flights.
I'm guessing the default (as shipped) setting is "" mode only ?
I've been reluctant to not rely on GPS

2015-1-20
Use props
admin.cheapdron
lvl.1

United States

tomswell Posted at 2015-1-21 01:58
ahhh   different modes of flight , not multiple flights.
I'm guessing the default (as shipped) se ...

So, I'm trying to figure this out too, I can draw a route with my finger, but thats sketchy, what the heck is the altitude it flies at, what is that add circle button?  Anyone got this to work?
2015-1-27
Use props
paulchoppysoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160894282 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Curious about the outcome of this too. Tried it yesterday following the DJI tutorial but just auto take off and sat there. Maybe its got to be the first flight after turning on? it was attempted on its maiden flight after about  4 or 5 take offs and landings.
2015-3-2
Use props
chris.schraders
New

New Zealand

Hi folks.

I just chatted with the 24/7 online help and was advised that the drawings on the map serve no more purpose than to mark up areas to prompt you where to fly and not fly.

They advised me that autonomous flight will be included in a firmware update, but couldn't tell me when that would occur.

Hopefully it is soon because this was a part of my business case as to why to buy this model.
2015-3-10
Use props
john.t.evans.gm
lvl.1

United States

So has anyone heard or see an update on this?

Seems the P3 is using plenty of Inspire tech, how about some Px functions such as autonomous flight in the Inspire?
2015-4-10
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

chris.schraders Posted at 2015-3-10 17:55
Hi folks.

I just chatted with the 24/7 online help and was advised that the drawings on the map se ...

When i look again at the P3 presentation of DJI on youtube, i can only conclude that
waypoints and/or groundstation will come from 3th party.
Eric is talking that way.
Just hope for SDK to be released soon, as this is what we need!!!  SDK
3th party we note. Then also note it won't be for free too. But thats ok for me.
2015-4-10
Use props
lemmers
New

Netherlands

DJI  when comes this feature? A lot of other drones on the market has this already build in their standard software.  DJI it seems that you misses a great oppurtunity here.
2015-5-22
Use props
Chelsea
lvl.1

United States

I agree even the tragic Ghost has that feature sort of.... well not for ISO..  er well not that works anyway...but I a sure that we will get that soon.
2015-6-19
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Just picking up on this thread.

I have to disagree.  I don't believe ground station and automated flights should be provided at an additional cost.  DJI promised this from the outset and even confirm in the Inspire manual that it will be provided in the future by way of firmware update.  That doesn't say or suggest any form of additional charge.
2015-6-20
Use props
BPoHVoodoo
lvl.2

Germany

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-20 20:07
Just picking up on this thread.

I have to disagree.  I don't believe ground station and automated f ...

Totally agree!
2015-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules