"No Signal" Wifi or RC? on P3S
1417 12 2016-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Have a P3S and set my distance limit a bit higher today, to 400m. At about 305m out and about 79m high I got a "No Signal" message, the red one top center on the app. The image turned gray and froze for a bit. After about 10 seconds the RC reconnected and I flew back and did a RTH about half way back which worked right. Have two questions if someone could please help out.
First was the "No Signal" error the RC not connecting, or the wifi (video downlink)? After getting back and looking at the data flight log I see there are two different line entries, one for the first half of the flight going out and the other one after making the reconnect for the return trip back. Even thouth it was really only one complete flight?

Next question, I uploaded the data to Healthy Drones.com to look into it some more and see at the point of the reconnect it puts a big "H" for Home Point at that spot (305m) away. As I stated I flew it only about half way back on my own, and used the RTH for the last leg (which work correctly). Coming back to me that is. Happy it didn't land at that spot 305m away, as that was a real bad place for a landing. What was, and why was that updated Home Point added and why did it still make it back to me at the real Home Point. Thanks,

2016-5-30
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

Would have uploaded my two flight data logs, but not sure how to go about it. I see the attachment option on the post dosen't allow txt files, so any help with that also would be great.
2016-5-31
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Just copy the address to that flight and paste it in a reply. VOILA!
2016-5-31
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-5-31 09:55
Just copy the address to that flight and paste it in a reply. VOILA!

http://www.phantompilots.com/att ... -29-10-1-txt.55597/
http://www.phantompilots.com/att ... -20-27-1-txt.55596/

Hope this works, here are the two flight data logs from that day. Even though there is two, it's really only one flight. One ends in mid flight, and the other begins at that same point in the sky, and marks a "Home Point" there? Hoping someone could tell me what happened. Thanks, Bill
2016-5-31
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

I meant to the Healthy Drones log...
2016-5-31
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-5-31 22:01
I meant to the Healthy Drones log...

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... _id=GENERALOverview
http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... _id=GENERALOverview

Is this what you meant? Sorry, but I'm still getting a handle on all of this.
2016-5-31
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Thanks. And no worries, we all started somewhere. So, you are on the newest firmware version then?
2016-6-1
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-6-1 20:38
Thanks. And no worries, we all started somewhere. So, you are on the newest firmware version then?

No, still on 1.5.70 Was holding off on the newest ver., but will likely update it soon.
2016-6-1
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-1 22:43
No, still on 1.5.70 Was holding off on the newest ver., but will likely update it soon.

when it lost signal did the rth activated?  or once you gained signal the drone was just hovering??
2016-6-1
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-6-1 23:14
when it lost signal did the rth activated?  or once you gained signal the drone was just hovering? ...

As far as I know, the RTH didn't activate. Yes it seem to just wait and hover, too far from my point of view to really see it. At 300m out with a very bright sun. It just reconnected on its own and then I returned it home.
2016-6-1
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-1 23:57
As far as I know, the RTH didn't activate. Yes it seem to just wait and hover, too far from my poi ...

I see... when it reconnected you should have seen in the screen that it was in RTH mode. if you didnt see that then it wasn't returning home.. and that would be the first thing that would worry me,, why it didnt kick in...  was it set to RETURN HOME after rc loss? or was it set to hover in place in your dji app?
2016-6-2
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-6-2 10:14
I see... when it reconnected you should have seen in the screen that it was in RTH mode. if you did ...

No it wasn't in RTH mode as there were no display that stated that, and yes it's set to return home. I've read somewhere on the site that it needs to be a full 3 seconds of no RC connection before that kicks in. It seemed longer than that, but that could have been just my impression.
2016-6-2
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-2 10:27
No it wasn't in RTH mode as there were no display that stated that, and yes it's set to return hom ...

I see..yeah I understand
2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules