29666 285 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firmware works fine, flown 6 packs on it..

Remember there is also a battery update so if you save many packs, do them same time.

This does NOT fix the 2.8.2 App issue so if you are non 2.8.1, keep it there for a few days until Apple approve the app update.
2016-5-31
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

CapeCodPhantom Posted at 2016-5-31 15:18
I upgraded using the DJI Assistant 2 software connected to my pc and the upgrade went very smooth.   ...

DJI-assistant doesn't recognize my P4 while connected...cabn not upgrade...
2016-5-31
Use props
mikedruben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85154 ft
United States

I'm on  v1.1.410 and 2.8.1 upgrade went good, one little issue I started out in p-mode then went to sport mode everything was good then put It back to p-mode and it was like it was still in sport mode and front sensors did not work. Turned  the bird off then on tried the same thing again and it worked fine. Someone else try this and see if this does it for you.
2016-5-31
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

simonmd Posted at 2016-5-31 12:07
I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that the updates don't address what I believe is a far more pr ...

Hi Simon,  I understand your feelings all too well... Thought I would give an opinion for the sake of a reality check to us all....  The software that is released today has probably been in the works for months.  All software development is plagued with a problem called "Feature Creep".... in essence, every software release is tough to get out the door because in the time it takes to release an update with planned parameters, other issues might arise that people want to roll into the current update.  The net affect is that the software update gets delay after delay after delay.  In order to avoid Feature Creep, at a certain point they MUST lock the parameters of the current release.  So although I think there are plenty of solid reasons to be frustrated with DJI right now, the fact that this release did not include a fix for the current problem shouldn't be one of those reasons.  They did the right thing with this release.
2016-5-31
Use props
asdisp
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi SIr,

Please still put the v1.0.288 on the Fw List. My P4 video is lagging if using V.301. Tommorow I'll Try V.401 but my prediction will make it worse.
Please Sir, I want to downgrade to V.288 again.

thanks
2016-5-31
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Jakebilling@goo Posted at 2016-5-31 16:51
Very Windy today here in the UK

25mph+ up here in the North East - I'll not be testing mine today for sure!
2016-5-31
Use props
JACKODOG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft

sploodge Posted at 2016-6-1 00:25

Remember there is also a battery update so if you save m ...

i have 4 battery must i upgrade all batt?
2016-5-31
Use props
mikedruben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85154 ft
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-31 12:29
DJI-assistant doesn't recognize my P4 while connected...cabn not upgrade...

Are you using the cable that came with the phantom. I first grabbed any usb cable and it didn't work.  
2016-5-31
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JACKODOG Posted at 2016-5-31 17:34
i have 4 battery must i upgrade all batt?

Yes.. When the main firmware update is done. POWER OFF the P4 only, change the battery and power it back ON.. You might need to close and re-open the app for it to prompt you to update. Do the same for all batteries you have.
2016-5-31
Use props
DronesAbove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1986896 ft
  • >>>

contacted DJI Support with new Firmware issue stuck at 99% just go ahead unplug and start new app in the RC and it appears for now to have fixed my glitchy Screen and Green Pixels. I will be going out soon to try out and if all works i will start a new thread. Lets keep our fingers crossed. By the way DJI support in California acted like the new Firmware would help out the new 2.8.2 app we shall seeeeee soon www.machtvplus.us
2016-5-31
Use props
simonmd
lvl.1

Colombia

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-5-31 11:31
Hi Simon,  I understand your feelings all too well... Thought I would give an opinion for the sake ...

Hi Mabou2, thanks for your comments. Having experience with software development cycles myself, I can only partly agree with your comments. DJI introduced a critical regression in their last update, and in most companies priorities this would warrant a hotfix release with all hands on deck.

I agree with limiting feature creep, but correcting this issue is not an additional feature.

Cheers!
2016-5-31
Use props
ppeepp5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258635 ft

Hello, it's impossible to update using DJI Assistant on MacOS....
2016-5-31
Use props
asdisp
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi SIr,

Please still put the v1.0.288 on the Fw List. My P4 video is lagging if using V.301. Tommorow I'll Try V.401 but my prediction will make it worse.
Please Sir, I want to downgrade to V.288 again.

thanks
2016-5-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dawidm Posted at 2016-5-31 16:54
so it is good on v1.1.410 and 2.8.1?

Appeared to be stable video stream using 1.1.410 and 2.8.1. I updated App' on my iPhone 6s Plus to 2.8.2 and the video signal is breaking up again. So that proves to me that DJI GO 2.8.2 is still unstable in my setup. My main controller is iPad Pro running 2.8.1, just tested with 1.1.410 and video appears to be good as before.

So bottom line for me is not flight tested yet (too windy)
So far firmware 1.1.410 does not seem to have done anything odd.
DJI GO 2.8.1 seems to be working well with new firmware 1.1.410
DJI GO 2.8.2 still has problems with new firmware 1.1.410
2016-5-31
Use props
dawidm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2171801 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-31 18:59
Appeared to be stable video stream using 1.1.410 and 2.8.1. I updated App' on my iPhone 6s Plus to ...

I updated the Firmware for 4 Phantom v1.1.410. I Have (downgrade) App 2.8.1 (ipad4 and iphone6s). Signal channel looks good and does not appear: "Weak image transfer signal".  So there is a fault in 2.8.2. I Have one ipad air 2.8.2 - there is still a problem. (signal channel bad)

2.8.1 and 1.1.410

2.8.1 and 1.1.410
2016-5-31
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

I change "enable hardware decoding" off in my 2.8.2 and new firmware and same effect.. weak signal and image is pixeling
2016-5-31
Use props
soundbyte58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300761 ft
Canada

dawidm Posted at 2016-5-31 08:54
so it is good on v1.1.410 and 2.8.1?

This is what I'd like to know. I was fortunate enough to have 2.8.1 still on my Mac. It was a simple matter of dragging and dropping it back onto my iPad. Firmware is a different story, once it's done, it's usually done. I need to know if it is going to force a 2.8.2 App update. If so, I want no part of it.
2016-5-31
Use props
johnlynas666
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I am still using the DJI go app 2.8.1 with the previous version of the P4 firmware, I delayed updating the go app after reading the weak signal issues reported on this forum.

My P4 is usable with the current version of software and I am satisfied with the P4 drone as it is now.  I have not been adversely affected to the same degree as others eg stop and drop, inability to disable VPS like on the P3 etc.  My main needs are that the drone is stable in flight and I can use third part apps like Litchi to get the best possible video footage with me on hand to step in if anything goes wrong along the way.

While all the new features like Collision detection and tracking, live streaming to facebook  are nice to have , I do not use them regularly. My main needs are stable flight and
cinematography within line of sight with the P4 drone.

I have a software engineering background and am fully aware that the more complicated you make something the more likely you are to introduce further problems

My question for DJI would be, can I update the firmware on the the P4 drone and continue to use the FJI go app 2.8.1  ?

I accept that we are all early adopters here and it will take time to iron out all the bugs.

Cheers
John
2016-5-31
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

Could DJI  post detailed instructions how to perform this firmware update?
[size=14.5455px]I saw the video at the top!  Thanks![size=14.5455px]

Is this going to be a mandatory upgrade?  
I would prefer to wait for a few weeks if possible to see the feedback.
[size=14.5455px]I already returned  client P3's after trying to update them using the memory card method.
[size=14.5455px](the controller and the craft would not connect after the craft was updated)

[size=14.5455px]I have new P4's so I want to make sure this firmware upgrade will not brick any of them.
Is this update going to limit the range the P4 can fly now?Has anyone tested the range after the upgrade?

-------------------------------------------
I still have one question about the power supply:

Is there going to be a seperate upgrade file for th epower supply?  or do I have to repeat the
entire upgrade process for each power supply? The video did not address multiple poser supplies.

2016-5-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Hey DJI guys.. just wondering, what is your internal process with new firmware, if you do not mind telling us? I assume things are testing in "live" drones? I realize that bugs do come through despite testing, but am just wondering, how much testing is done by DJI or perhaps also official beta testers? Is the testing done only in China or also in other regions by other people? Just curious.
2016-5-31
Use props
info
lvl.1

Canada

ppeepp5 Posted at 2016-5-31 12:49

I have the exact same problem.. Keep getting Upgrade fail!!
2016-5-31
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I had the same questions in my other thread about their Software Regression testing progress:

Is it documented, consistent and thorough?  

Do they provide such to all their beta testers?

Do they perform a full regression test after each mod, to make sure that other functions
are not impacted by the mods.  Many times, if one makes a change in function A, Functions D, F
may get affected, even though function A is controlled by a hardware circuit A, or software module(s) A, B.
2016-5-31
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

info@nicolasstg Posted at 2016-5-31 20:36

Use iPad? Just connect the ipad to rc -> launc dji go.. and it says firmware available and it will download it and update..
2016-5-31
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Updated. I think only the P4 got an update but the controller did not (which is fine). No issues with the update process itself. I updated from my iPad Mini 2, followed the instructions and all was well. I plan on a test flight later today.
2016-5-31
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

simonmd Posted at 2016-5-31 12:47
Hi Mabou2, thanks for your comments. Having experience with software development cycles myself, I  ...

AHHHH Simon... lets brainstorm further....  this FIRMWARE release was possibly scheduled  (weeks or months ago) for release today.  So at the last minute before the firmware release, they start to hear about an unconfirmed problem with a SOFTWARE release (2.8.2) from the software team.  Does the Firmware team now slip their schedule?  They did their job, this problem has nothing to do with the Firmware deliverable (presumably) so does the Firmware team not release?  If your answer is yes, no firmware release, then you are now allowing release creep.

Agreed that there will be an emergency release to fix the software problem.... and if there were an imminent full release of an OS, they would probably slip the release date to include this fix.  MY two cents :-)
2016-5-31
Use props
info
lvl.1

Canada

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-31 13:41
Use iPad? Just connect the ipad to rc -> launc dji go.. and it says firmware available and it will ...

THANKS, it worked that way!
2016-5-31
Use props
windsun33
New

Updated P4 to latest firmware. Seems to have fixed most of the gimbal issues going by the limited testing I did (100+ degrees outside...). Android, so still on 2.8.1, no updates. Altitude drop still seems to be an issue - in automatic takeoff, the craft goes to about 4 feet, then slowly drops back down to about 2 feet with nothing being touched. In DJI Go it still indicates altitude of 4 feet. Even just 3-4 inches off of ground it shows 3.6 feet.

Too hot outside to do any real testing until I get chance to run for the mountains and cooler weather.
2016-5-31
Use props
johnlynas666
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-5-31 19:17
AHHHH Simon... lets brainstorm further....  this FIRMWARE release was possibly scheduled  (weeks or ...

My view on this is that DJI could improve their customer communication as far as the management of product related issues go. In previous jobs I have had , companies have published product roadmaps for customers to show what new functionality is planned along with rough dates for updates etc. Also limited customer visibility to their ongoing bugs database for customers would cut  down on speculation about what is going on at any given time that we tend to see in forums everywhere. Better still let the customers vote on the priority bugs that should  be addressed by the dev group, as long as they do not supersede basic functionality fixes. The goal is to improve customer confidence in updates
2016-5-31
Use props
tomkes
lvl.1

Switzerland

update hangs at 99 %? How long this could take? i am using ipad air 2 for updating
2016-5-31
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

I start the P4 inside after the update, and the warming up time is normally 2-4min, now it takes about 5sec..
2016-5-31
Use props
tomkes
lvl.1

Switzerland

tomkes Posted at 2016-5-31 20:53
update hangs at 99 %? How long this could take? i am using ipad air 2 for updating

I restartet at 99 % the P4. Firmware does now show the new version. Seems to be ok so far.

A message "update complete" would have been nice.
2016-5-31
Use props
kylmannen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4335463 ft
Sweden

Same problem after i uppdated{:4_154:}
2016-5-31
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

Anyone have any comments about flight range after the update?

I assume the firmware update will not require that the app be updated to the 2.8.2 version,
which had video transmission issues? I went back to 2.8.1 and my video issues were resolved.

I am scared to upgrade after P3's became bricks; I think I will wait 2 weeks
and I will wait for comments from the brave souls.
2016-5-31
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

ppeepp5 Posted at 2016-5-31 11:49

I know it's kludgy, but I just updated the craft and 3 batts on MacOS.
2016-5-31
Use props
GuyNamedLindsey
lvl.2

United States

Just did update and cant feel my ears. I should've waited for other people to do this first.
2016-5-31
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

info@nicolasstg Posted at 2016-5-31 12:36

I got this 4 times.  Upgrade worked on 5th try.  

As a last resort, try rebooting the Mac and retrying.
2016-5-31
Use props
stussyredhat
lvl.1

United States

I just upgraded with no issues at all. This was from a Mac using usb cable.
2016-5-31
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-31 12:25

Remember there is also a battery update so if you save m ...

What are you referring to as a pack?
2016-5-31
Use props
rich.vohra
New

United States

Well this sucks because the day before they release the firmware my Phantom 4 crashed in the ocean.  I am so disappointed right now and I really do hope that they make it right and replace my drone.  It was 20 to 30 ft off the shore, appoximately 40ft altitute and 1,000 feet away.  Video was choppy and within 1-2 seconds it went to No signal and the send to home function never worked.  

Never been so devasted about losing a product but I am confident after DJI sees that it was the drones fault or their firmware that they will replace it.  

Wish you guys all the best with your updates and hope this never happens to anyone.  Have a big gash on my leg and scratches in multiple places looking for it and also my tablet was scartched when I fell.
2016-5-31
Use props
ferdejuancuenca
New

Spain

i will have my new Ph4 tomorrow. do i have to update?

Any advice for a new user?
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules