DJI's confusing support team...
1483 15 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dce
lvl.2

United States

So, I just got off the phone with DJI LA, in what has now been about a month long debocal. It all started with my batteries not charging, a 47&48. After looking around on formus people recommended e-mailing the support team for help, some saying it was caused by one of the updates. After e-mailing them, the thread went back and forwards from me to them and each time I got a reply from what seemed to be a different person. One asking to have the serial numbers, video of the issue etc. Another giving me a shipping label to send them back to have them repaired with a rule set that said "do not send batteries". After asking them how can I send them if the rule says do not send them, they sent me another label with a tracking number. So I sent them in. A few days later they sent me a bill with a higher cost than the batteries are worth themselves, so I called LA for an explaination and help. They said that because I was over the warrent I had to pay in full. (I am one of the original buyers of the Inspire) And me feeling like the update was the cuase of this mess, demanded that it should be fixed without pay because we are forced to updated. The guy I spoke to said he couldn't really help, but recommended that I open up the cover on the battery to reset it. We decided on this solution and he closed the ticket, to have the batteries sent back. Two weeks later and no sign of the batteries, tracking number or package in sight. So I called them again. This time I was told that the batteries had been thrown away and that I was never supposed to send them in... Well that is no help now is it... Anyway, they also said that I shouldn't open the lid to reset them. SO EVERYONE AT DJI's SUPPORT TEAM SEEMS TO HAVE DIFFERENT ANSWERS AND NONE OF THEM KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON! And yes I am pissed, this was a waste of time and a hole in my wallet for something that should have been told to me from the first e-mail I sent to them...

I guess there is one silver lining, it seems like I might get one battery back. Still broken though and me being confused on what I should even do with it after all this... I don't plan on calling support again, or even really doing much business with DJI at all after this. I was one of the orginal buyers for the Inspire 1 and I love the product but why have me update the quad just to brick it, then to have a support team make me run in circles...

I know my story is one in a million, but I just wanted to tell it. I hope everyone else out there has better luck then me.

I will update this thread if anything ever changes, but for now this is it in a nutshell.

2016-5-31
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I haven't seen very many positive stories regarding DJI support but I have to say, this is one of the worst. I'd hope that posting it here would bring enough attention that you finally get the service you should have in the first place. Good luck and sorry to hear about it.
2016-5-31
Use props
Dce
lvl.2

United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-5-31 16:07
I haven't seen very many positive stories regarding DJI support but I have to say, this is one of th ...

Thank you, I hope so too.
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience, Dce. Could you provide me the ticket number here ? Thank you.
2016-5-31
Use props
hansalbin56
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

hansalbin56@hot Posted at 2016-6-1 14:02
I've heard enough. I'm buying a Typhoon H as my first drone. DJI CS is the worst I've ever heard of. ...

Our customer service is getting better and better. If you have any questions when you use our products, feel free to post it on the forum. We are here to help you.
2016-6-1
Use props
Dce
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-31 22:09
Sorry for your experience, Dce. Could you provide me the ticket number here ? Thank you.

The ticket number was either 287739 or 286936. Check under my e-mail or name.
2016-6-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

hansalbin56@hot Posted at 2016-6-1 01:02
I've heard enough. I'm buying a Typhoon H as my first drone. DJI CS is the worst I've ever heard of. ...

Good luck with that one,  I will say that Yuneec has good service but a poor ( toy)  product .  You will  Loose GPS signal , No range Etc.  DJI Has normally fast turnaround times for repair.   ( I have owned 3 Yuneec Quads  I am speaking from experience )

I have had good experience with customer service personally .

Good luck with the Typhoon , I think you will be sorry
Keep in mind Only un- happy customers post a bad experience, tens of thousands more dont post there good experience.  The original poster has a legitimite gripe, I dont know all the details but batteries only last for 200 cycles , he has owned his more than a year , so maybe they are at there end of life .  I dont know .  Just saying there are three sides to every story, Customer version- companies version - the truth is somewhere in between .  I hope they can work it out , I really do.

dji has some growing pains sometimes in customer service but they have the best  product out there hands down .  

donnie

26 years RC experience , ie : not my first rodeo

2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dce Posted at 2016-6-2 00:42
The ticket number was either 287739 or 286936. Check under my e-mail or name.

The batteries had shipped Today, you should have received a tracking email from information@dji.com recently.
2016-6-1
Use props
Dce
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-1 15:52
The batteries had shipped Today, you should have received a tracking email from  recently.

Thanks, it was written in my silver lining... I just hope I can fix them... even though one of your supports says I can open the lid and other says I should not.
2016-6-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Dce Posted at 2016-6-1 18:04
Thanks, it was written in my silver lining... I just hope I can fix them... even though one of you ...

I think the one rep was trying to give you an inside tip , " Like, I am not supposed to tell you this .....BUT....."   and then when you received another team member who is maybe new or more of a straight lace represenative   said , " No " cant do this.  It happens all the time . Just roll with it, that is all you can do.

I hope they get you sorted

donnie
2016-6-1
Use props
hansalbin56
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Negative, but I did own other Yuneec aircraft and from what I have heard , they did not improves GPS or Range at all with the Typhoon H .  I will give kudos to Yuneec, they had very good customers service but the product was just not nearly as good as DJI.

cheers- donnie

2016-6-2
Use props
cooper3678
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-2 07:51
Negative, but I did own other Yuneec aircraft and from what I have heard , they did not improves G ...

Don't they only have 600 m range?
2016-6-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

cooper3678@gmai Posted at 2016-6-2 08:35
Don't they only have 600 m range?

Much less range  than that.  I could only get maybe 300 to 325 meters  on my Yuneec AND the GPS was always dropping out. I exhchanged it for another and did the same thing.  Then I went DJI and was very Impressed with the aircraft, I have had good luck with service as well.  

donnie
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-3 00:41
Much less range  than that.  I could only get maybe 300 to 325 meters  on my Yuneec AND the GPS was ...

And we appreciate you as a DJI flyer
2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules