DJI GO 2.8.3 IOS App has been released !
15126 166 2016-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qba73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can safely report that 2.83 has fixed my weak signal issue, flicker, etc... no more black or green flicker, no more weak signal issue all is good on my P4.

Although it may have taken a bit more time than I was comfortable with, thank you to DJI for correcting the flaw.

(still keeping 2.8.1 tucked away in a folder in the event of another appgate..lol)
2016-6-2
Use props
AlfexOmega
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Will the Android version of DJI GO ever get the new UI? :/
2016-6-2
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Ken

A few posts above you confirmed the new app/firmware was just for the P4 and P3P ...

... as the only difference between the P3A and P3P is the camera, is this update also needed for P3A?

2016-6-2
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

qba73 Posted at 2016-6-3 04:21
I can safely report that 2.83 has fixed my weak signal issue, flicker, etc... no more black or green ...

qba,
would you be able to share the 2.8.1 file you are saving? I would love to downgrade and keep my Phantom working 100% as when I bought it. I tried to restore on my new phone 6S but no luck doing it. if you could send a link to the file I would appreciate. Thanks and happy flying
2016-6-2
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

This is an app, and app files are tagged by the user account.  
Even if you have it, IOS wont allow you to install it.  

The only way that works is to follow the downgrade procedure
shown above using the "Charles" program.  I used that program to downgrade and I am staying with 2.8.1 for now.

I decided to wait 2 weeks before I decide if I should upgrade or not. The 2.8.1app and original firmware for the P4 works fo rme.

2016-6-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Shutter Posted at 2016-6-2 10:41
"Nobody can be happy"

Well if you actually read the posts, you would know that alot of people sti ...

Shutter
i do read the posts and unfortunatley there are a few people still experiencing issues and a large amount of folks that wake up in the morning with an agenda to constantly bash DJI.
I have had no issues other than a gimbal motor overload message on my first flight other than that no issues.
So before you accuse me of not reading the posts understand that clearly i read all the posts hence why i made the comment.
Maybe try reading the manual if your having issues and if your not having issues then shut up already.
2016-6-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

lukx Posted at 2016-6-2 15:19
well, Android users doesn't get any update so a lot , a LOT of people own't be happy. I don't get  ...

Heh i can understand your frustration if the android app has not been released yet, patience i am sure it is coming soon.
2016-6-2
Use props
DronesAbove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1986896 ft
  • >>>

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-6-1 17:30
It looks that is is now workig..

I have a little bit problem with gimbal.. it drifts left and rig ...

Do a IMU calibration
2016-6-2
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-3 01:24
That was part of the P4 firmware update.

I was under the impression that the 2.8.3 update was for Ph4 and P3P ??
2016-6-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VisionAir Posted at 2016-6-3 04:04
I was under the impression that the 2.8.3 update was for Ph4 and P3P ??

It's an update for DJI GO, it contains fixes for P4 transmission and P3 2.7k, but it may also contain other fixes not mentioned, who knows...
2016-6-3
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-2 12:31
Nice, glad it's working.

DJI-Ken,

I received the "weak transmission" on my second flight today (June 3) when I was about 7:15 into the flight about 650 feet out. It showed on the screen asking for RTH. I flew back to my home point and it reconnected when it was close to me. I kept flying with no more issues.

I synced my flight records and it's the 2nd flight of June 3. P3A on iPad Air 2 all latest patches.

There are no files in my LOG dir: H:\MISC\LOG (yes I have hidden files shown in my options). Should I have a log file?

You can get my email address from ticket 302758.

If there is anything else you need from me please let me know.

2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

rreindl Posted at 2016-6-4 00:07
DJI-Ken,

I received the "weak transmission" on my second flight today (June 3) when I was about 7 ...

I will look at your flight record now.
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rreindl Posted at 2016-6-4 00:07
DJI-Ken,

I received the "weak transmission" on my second flight today (June 3) when I was about 7 ...

I looked through your whole 15 minute flight and and I don't see any errors.
You did watch the Best Antenna Practices Video correct?
Feel free to send it in and have it looked at if you like.
2016-6-3
Use props
ampwoodend
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-3 18:12
You did watch the Bes ...

Had serious signal issues since upgrading this app and am now scared to use it
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ampwoodend@gmai Posted at 2016-6-4 03:02
Had serious signal issues since upgrading this app and am now scared to use it

How did you have issues upgrading the IOS DJI GO app.
2016-6-3
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am thinking of upgrading this weekend from 2.8.1 to 2.8.3

The only issue I have is the drop at hovering; and it bothers me when I am over water.

Should I do the app first and then the firmware, or it does not matter?

I plan to use my pc for the firmware, because most users here state that is the preferred method.
2016-6-3
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-4 01:12
You did watch the Bes ...

Thanks for looking. Yes I have seen the "Best Antenna Practice" video and read the manual many times as well. I am very careful when it comes to the antenna's and that is the first thing I checked making sure my iPad was not in the way and that my antennas were aligned properly. This just happened randomly two different times in recent days. I did notice that the video stopped recording just before this occurred.

I might send it in but it has only occurred a few times so I will wait to see if perhaps this is a bug in the software or not.  The issue with the video randomly stop recording has me concerned more now.

Others please make sure you report a weak transmission issues make sure you have good antenna view and not other radio interference. Also if you recordings stop randomly.   
2016-6-3
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

It's actually "Fix an issue" not "Fix a issue" LOL
2016-6-3
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1861201 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 02:09
It is a known issue. Currently you can select the Color Mode to None to get back the clear live fe ...

thank you Paladin.. i have been also doing my best to spread the word you guys are working on it... thanks again
2016-6-3
Use props
yipee1
lvl.1

Greece

I too have upgraded from 2.8.1 to 2.8.3 today  and after the first couple of minutes heading out between 500 and 800 metres my p3 p disconected 3 times then reconnecting with the remote

once back within 500 metres , also getting the week signal message too ?

I'm thinking that the the new updated software isn't going to help?

is it worth reverting back to 2.8.1? go app
2016-6-4
Use props
flu_byu
lvl.1
Canada

help me ,,,, I updated my ipad air , and it said to connect my p4 ,so I did but it didn't connect ,,,, I restarted the I pad , and now I cant get it to connect the my p4 ..... what should I du
2016-6-4
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2
United States

Just to add to the conversation, I updated my DJI GO App, version 2.8.3 with absolutely no problems. My setup is a Phantom 3 Advanced, using an Apple iPad mini, 128GB, version 9.3.2. I didn't have any connection or transmission issues. Seems all good and ready for flight. I like the new update to the look so far. Here is a screen capture from my iPad.

2016-6-4
Use props
qba73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Topviewpics Posted at 2016-6-2 19:41
qba,
would you be able to share the 2.8.1 file you are saving? I would love to downgrade and keep  ...

As much as I would love to It wont work because the app is tied to apple ID. I know because I had tried as someone earlier in the "weak signal" thread had posted theirs and it didn't work, I had to go the route of the "Charles" method to get back to 2.8.1

2.8.3 did fix my issue with the flicker/weak signal. but if you want to get 2.8.1 back check the "weak Signal' thread and you will see the link to the "Charles" method.

2016-6-4
Use props
maddyvoldy
lvl.1

India

I don't have an image transmission issue. I have RC signal lost issue even if my P3A is just 20 feet away from me. Followed best antenna position practices. This started after firmware upgrade. Wasn't there before. Any fix for this, please?

Note: Even if app says RC signal lost, Phantom flies fine and responds to all commands. Error flashes only for 2 seconds and goes away but it's scary as it happens often and don't want to risk flying till it's fixed.
2016-6-4
Use props
cedthered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1225827 ft
Sweden

I have updated the DJI GO App, but have no yet done the firmware update. I flew 20 minutes yesterday, and all worked like a charm. I did not have any issues before the app upgrade either so I have no complaints nor do I notice any difference. My system works well, and has worked well since I got it.
I will wait a while until upgrade the fw though. I am a commercial UAS pilot, and I fly industrial machinery and I have had my fair share of nightmares after fw upgrades. My policy is, if it is working, do not fix it...
2016-6-4
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

This is a known open issue; DJI needs to correct this as I had the same
issue on multiple P3's, which I returned.  I have since being using P4s.

Even though I followed the P3 instructions, (and I have IT experience) the
RC would not connect.

I turned off RC, and did the craft sd card upgrade.  It was a success.
Then I tried to upgrade the RC, it was a success.  But they would
no longer talk!  I even re-connected them manually, using the rc
contril and the pin on the craft.  It would connect, but the communication
issue remained.  I gave up and returned them since clients were not
going to take a chance with such defective firmware/upgrade instructions.

I am now considering upgrading the P4s soon!!!!  
2016-6-5
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.2

Visual Air Posted at 2016-6-3 08:14
Shutter
i do read the posts and unfortunatley there are a few people still experiencing issues an ...

I don't think anyone wakes up in the morning and decides.. hey..Im bored...I think I will liven up my day and bash DJI. I think instead we wake up to a new firmware version that once installed leads to unexpected issues that are not quickly resolved, and the frustration these issues cause. I am not trying to pick a fight with you or any other member here but just because you may not have the issues many report should not give you license to disparage members with actual issues. Instead count yourself as being lucky to not have problems.
2016-6-5
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Waxwings Posted at 2016-6-5 22:00
I don't think anyone wakes up in the morning and decides.. hey..Im bored...I think I will liven up ...

Hey i agree with you however it becomes a little tiresome thats all, it would also be nice if the problems stuck to one post but it seems people like to start new posts identifying the same issues over and over.
For the record i have had similar issues with my Inspire 1 that i once owned and i have adopted the patience mentality rule as DJI will resolve sooner than later..
2016-6-5
Use props
niek
New

Netherlands

soundbyte58 Posted at 2016-6-1 14:12
It was my understanding, these issues were only affecting iOS devices. Was this not the case?

No also there was weak signal with Android !
2016-6-5
Use props
pentagon78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520233 ft
Malaysia

I just updated the app to 2.8.3 and I am disappointed with it. I'm thinking to downgrade it back to 2.8.1. I'm using ipad with 2.8.3 but my iphone is still using 2.8.1. May I know how to transfer the 2.8.1 from iphone to my ipad?
2016-6-5
Use props
yipee1
lvl.1

Greece

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-6-5 03:56
Just to add to the conversation, I updated my DJI GO App, version 2.8.3 with absolutely no problems. ...

have you flown it outside yet ?

yes im sure you wont get issues when its at the side of you ?
2016-6-6
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

cedthered Posted at 2016-6-5 15:42
I have updated the DJI GO App, but have no yet done the firmware update. I flew 20 minutes yesterday ...

What fw levels are you on?  Just curious...
2016-6-6
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-2 06:02
I think there is nothing wrong with your signal. If you are getting 1.5 miles in a area with trees ...

Tim...

There are a number of people on Phantom Pilots that are also reporting transmission issues with 2.8.3 on P3As and P3Ps. Just to let you know.  I've suggested that come here and post video/log/any info that they can, but it does seem that there are some folks who for whatever reason are having the loss of transmission issues at short ranges.  :-(

2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-6-7 00:24
Tim...

There are a number of people on Phantom Pilots that are also reporting transmission issues ...

The person I replied to has a P3S and was flying 1,000ft from him and the aircraft was 50ft from the homes so that's why he lost signal.
2016-6-6
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-7 00:48
The person I replied to has a P3S and was flying 1,000ft from him and the aircraft was 50ft from t ...

Tim,

There are others (or so they say) that are Pro and Adv owners with issues of drop outs at 200m, etc. Not dissimilar to what we've heard for the P4.  I'm not in a position to verify as I have a job coming up and on 2.8.1 but will try 2.8.3 on my iPhone 6 as soon as I can (will keep the iPad mini 2 at 2.8.1 for now).  Just suggesting that we're hearing it enough to see if there is something to it.  Up to them if they want to help and provide info.. if not then it must not have been that important to them.  You get out what you put in.

Appreciate the help as always..
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-6-7 03:29
Tim,

There are others (or so they say) that are Pro and Adv owners with issues of drop outs at 20 ...

The P4 signal issue was resolved by gathering videos and flight logs. If anyone is getting 200m on a P3P/A then something is wrong and you need to send the flight log and a video clip.
And it's Ken, not Tim
2016-6-6
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-7 03:34
The P4 signal issue was resolved by gathering videos and flight logs. If anyone is getting 200m on ...

Sorry  KEN ..  Can't keep u guys straight LOL  and I agree, which is why I've told them what to collect and where to post it..
2016-6-6
Use props
franciszorrilla
lvl.2

Thailand

Hi everyone,

try to watch the video i posted... even on open field and my RC and AC lying close to each other at latest firmware i am still having weak transmission signal.
IMG-20160607-WA0001.jpg
2016-6-6
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

franciszorrilla Posted at 2016-6-7 09:31
Hi everyone,

try to watch the video i posted... even on open field and my RC and AC lying close to  ...

I can hear it coming now, so I'll ask first.  Can you repeat the problem with the stock antenna system?
2016-6-6
Use props
edu0939
lvl.1

United Kingdom

taylordavid Posted at 2016-6-1 13:07
Should owners of the phantom 3 standard also upgrade?

Do not upgrade, unless you want to have no video feed after 6m heights on iPhone.
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules