Fans during recording on Osmo Raw...
1286 5 2016-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steven.dieveney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

I upgraded to the new firmware. Is the option of having the fans turn off during recording not available for Osmo Raw? Loving this rig, but I need to figure out how to get usable sound with it - if the fans shut off during a roll, problem solved....

Anybody have any luck with this?
2016-6-1
Use props
ctrouillet
lvl.2

France

I have the same problem with X5 :
http://forum.dji.com/thread-54195-1-1.html
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, how long is the OSMO running before the fans turn on? Do you use multiple batteries in a single session? Could you please provide a list of your set up? Any additional information would be appreciated.
2016-6-1
Use props
ctrouillet
lvl.2

France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-1 19:03
Just to clarify, how long is the OSMO running before the fans turn on? Do you use multiple batteries ...

15 seconds…
2016-6-1
Use props
steven.dieveney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

I can't find the "Mute Fans" selection in the app. So I'm not even sure it's an option with the X5R on Osmo. The fans are always on.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That is normal for the OSMO Raw, since the internal microphone would pick up not just the fan from the handle, but the X5R as well. The X5R uses more processing power than the X3 counterpart and would cause the fans to kick in sooner. For safety reasons for the gimbal and camera itself, it would not be recommended to manually turn off the fans when they would need to kick in. It would be best to reduce the fan noise from the footage by using an external microphone.
2016-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules