Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bought a P3A without the battery
1622 28 2016-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi guys,

My first DJI drone was a Phantom 3 Standard, I bought it in a official DJI dealler and it commes without the props... So I went to the store and the guy gave me a prop set...
Then my drone crashed and now I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced in a different DJI dealler and now I dont have the battery...

What's wrong with my pursacches?
I have a battery but is from the old dorne, do you guys think that I should go back to the dealler and tell him?
I bought the drone today...

Regards to everyone who will anwer.
2016-6-1
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the P3A is new, then it should have come with a battery. If you bought it at a reduced price, then it could be inventory that did not include the battery. So, yes, please check back with the dealer.

As an option, both your props and your battery from your crashed Standard are usable in your P3A.
2016-6-1
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

terrylewis Posted at 2016-6-2 00:12
If the P3A is new, then it should have come with a battery. If you bought it at a reduced price, the ...

I bought it full price brand new...
2016-6-1
Use props
irp
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-1
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

irp Posted at 2016-6-2 02:32
Was the box sealed?

Yes, the box was selled, it was brand new.
I have all the papers, everything, but the battery is not it the drone...
2016-6-1
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-6-1 14:49
Yes, the box was selled, it was brand new.
I have all the papers, everything, but the battery is n ...

If you still have your battery from the standard, it will work with your new bird.
2016-6-1
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-2 03:41
If you still have your battery from the standard, it will work with your new bird.

You'r right, but the problem is that I pay the battery but I don't have it you understand? I could have 2 batterys but I have just one...
2016-6-1
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-6-1 15:53
You'r right, but the problem is that I pay the battery but I don't have it you understand? I could ...

Well that is a clear case of you got ripped off from where you purchased your bird sadly.
2016-6-1
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-2 04:57
Well that is a clear case of you got ripped off from where you purchased your bird sadly.

I will go back to the store and see..
2016-6-1
Use props
azpholt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4619 ft
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-6-1 17:03
I will go back to the store and see..

I wouldn't even ask that question on here would of already been back at store for my battery
2016-6-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I assume you looked at everything that came in the box?  The battery is in a separate rectangular box.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
DJI team
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello VORTEX.P3, what's the dealer's name and the order number?
2016-6-1
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 12555000 ft
United States

Ha! interesting! How could there even be no battery in an DJI packaged box?
Very weird! Good luck, but you should have your battery!
2016-6-1
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Was it sealed? There should be 2 round clear stickers on the tabs if they are untampered.
Next time, get them to bring out a few boxes. Then pick each of them up. The heavier one should have the battery.
2016-6-1
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-6-2 13:25
Was it sealed? There should be 2 round clear stickers on the tabs if they are untampered.
Next time ...

Yes, the stickers were there...
The box was brand new, any scratches, it had te smell of a DJi new box when you open it...
I will get back to the store today to figure out
2016-6-1
Use props
sevadu
lvl.3

Netherlands

"do you guys think that I should go back to the dealler and tell him?"

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I'm actually surprised you first thought of opening a thread on this forum before going back to the place where you bought a brand new Phantom. Especially on the same day.

I assume you went back to the store now, let us know how it ended.
2016-6-2
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

They come from DJI with spare props and battery. There is a small accessory bag as well with a prop wrench and spare Gimbal mounts. If you are using a battery other than what came with it make sure it is of the right voltage.
I would definitely go back to the store and ask why you did not receive the Phantom as shipped from DJI.
2016-6-2
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

rodger Posted at 2016-6-2 19:27
They come from DJI with spare props and battery. There is a small accessory bag as well with a prop  ...

Yes I will go back now and see what is going on with the pack... I didn't start the drone yet... No firmware update, anything...
2016-6-2
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-6-2 08:11
Yes I will go back now and see what is going on with the pack... I didn't start the drone yet... N ...

Something is wrong. DJI ships a complete package with no hidden costs. Let us know how you make out.
2016-6-2
Use props
185EZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245207 ft
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-6-2 05:11
Yes I will go back now and see what is going on with the pack... I didn't start the drone yet... N ...

Any news yet?
Hopefully it's DJI's mistake from the factory
Curious how the dealer handles it and you don't need to prove the battery wasn't there
Were the extra props in the box?
2016-6-2
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.4

Hong Kong

185EZ Posted at 2016-6-3 09:54
Any news yet?
Hopefully it's DJI's mistake from the factory
Curious how the dealer handles it and  ...

Normally the dealer chooses to believe the customer and give him/her the battery. If the dealer doesn't, contact DJI support and most likely they will.
2016-6-2
Use props
185EZ
lvl.3
United States

annnnnddddd.......
2016-6-3
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi guys! Soory for de delay, but I went for back to the store and I bring the drone with me, and everything was fine! He give me the battery, and he excuse him self for the problem...
He said that it could be a problem from the factory because the box wasn't opened yet so...
2016-6-4
Use props
185EZ
lvl.3
United States

good deal!
2016-6-4
Use props
sevadu
lvl.3

Netherlands

Good to hear!
2016-6-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yup, all's well, that ends "swell". Hahaha

Good news is always refreshing to read... Thanks for the update.

RedHotPoker
2016-6-7
Use props
BalooDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 566037 ft
Denmark

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-6-2 04:03
I assume you looked at everything that came in the box?  The battery is in a separate rectangular bo ...

The battery that came with my P3A was in the drone
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-6-4 16:54
Hi guys! Soory for de delay, but I went for back to the store and I bring the drone with me, and eve ...

That is great that the dealer gave you a battery, that's very strange that yours came without one if the box was sealed.
2016-6-7
Use props
Not A Speck Of
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

I don't know if this is the case, but in a previous life, I worked in retail.

There's a fine art to making a box look like it's factory sealed when it isn't. So good for you getting the battery you paid for, but I would be on the look-out for any other evidence that the unit you bought was not brand new. Was the plastic bag inside sealed with tape? Did the accessories (charger, etc.) come in small cardboard boxes that looked new?

Anything I found, after noticing the lacking battery, would have triggered an immediate return for my money for me.

Chris
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules