Sorry i have to say this DJI!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomalphen
New

Netherlands

But your support service sucks! i have very big problems with my DJI phantom 3 standard and chatted with 4 different people today. All of them could not help me and when i chat with them i get the impression they really don't know where there talking about like you see in this picture!
DJI support.PNG
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience,thomalphen. What kind of issue do you meet?
2016-6-1
Use props
thomalphen
New

Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-2 02:52
Sorry for your experience,thomalphen. What kind of issue do you meet?

I read much people have this problem. I got this error(Look at the picture)
I get this error when i fly like 30 metres away from me.
WhatsApp-Image-20160602 (1).jpg
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

thomalphen@gmai Posted at 2016-6-2 08:54
I read much people have this problem. I got this error(Look at the picture)
I get this error when  ...

What're the firmware versions and app versions? Did you adjust the RC and antenna position or choose different places for flight?
2016-6-1
Use props
thomalphen
New

Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-2 03:11
What're the firmware versions and app versions? Did you adjust the RC and antenna position or choo ...

Firmware version: 1.6.80
App version: 2.8.3

Yes i tried everything. On a different location it was a little bit better but stil can't even get close to 500 metres. And when i can't fly more then 30 metres it can't be location only.
I read much on all the forums and some people say they had no trouble on app version 2.8.1 but when they upgraded it to 2.8.2 they got the same signal lost as me. And yesterday they told me this was a problem with the software and should be fixed with the next update. So today i downloaded the new update and stil got the signal problem.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

thomalphen@gmai Posted at 2016-6-2 09:17
Firmware version: 1.6.80
App version: 2.8.3

Does your drone activate RTH in such a short distance every time no matter where it flies?
2016-6-1
Use props
thomalphen
New

Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-2 03:20
Does your drone activate RTH in such a short distance every time no matter where it flies?

Only when the signal get lost.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

thomalphen@gmai Posted at 2016-6-2 09:21
Only when the signal get lost.

So does your drone lose signal in such a short distance in every place?
2016-6-1
Use props
thomalphen
New

Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-2 03:34
So does your drone lose signal in such a short distance in every place?

Some places are worse then others. at my house its like 30 metres but when i go further from my house i can get like 150 but this is still not good at all!
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

thomalphen@gmai Posted at 2016-6-2 09:36
Some places are worse then others. at my house its like 30 metres but when i go further from my ho ...

It is probably a hardware issue of the receiver's damage.I'd suggest you to send both of the drone and RC to our service center for diagnosis.
2016-6-1
Use props
sorka95032
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 18:48
It is probably a hardware issue of the receiver.I'd suggest you to send both of the drone and RC t ...

So there are literally dozens of these thread popping up every day. Most of them were fine before certain firmware updates. Do you really think this is a hardware issue?
2016-6-1
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 20:48
It is probably a hardware issue of the receiver.I'd suggest you to send both of the drone and RC t ...

My God man, what are you thinking? Do you not read these threads?  Updating to 1.6.8 firmware has done this to many P3S machines. Quit telling people to send their machines in for repair. I have personally rectified mine by downgrading my firmware to 1.5.7.  I'm calling BS on you!
2016-6-1
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

Sundance Kid Posted at 2016-6-1 22:18
My God man, what are you thinking? Do you not read these threads?  Updating to 1.6.8 firmware has  ...

They are just tryng to by some time till they figure out what is wrong cause they have no clue... and if they do.. they are buying time to come up with some credible excuse as to why our drones are losing signal/showing weak signal every time  at such short distance.......  if it doesnt get fixed with the next firmware i will just sell mine on amazon since it is pretty much new without any scratch in it.. atleast i will get half of my money back that way.  and I will search for another company even if their drones dont give me evey single feature.. as long as their drones go farther than dji drones..... im sold.. or I will stick with my v912  which actually go farther im sure.  
2016-6-1
Use props
irp
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-1
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 21:48

They are just tryng to by some time till they figure out what is wrong cause they have no clue... and if they do.. they are buying time to come up with some credible excuse as to why our drones are losing signal/showing weak signal every time  at such short distance.......  if it doesnt get fixed with the next firmware i will just sell mine on amazon since it is pretty much new without any scratch in it.. atleast i will get half of my money back that way.  and I will search for another company even if their drones dont give me evey single feature.. as long as their drones go farther than dji drones..... im sold.. or I will stick with my v912  which actually go farther im sure.  
2016-6-1
Use props
irp
Banned

United Kingdom

2016-6-1
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

I keep saying this over and over in other posts.  I experienced the same frustrating issue as you with Image transmission signal. Didn't matter if I was 2' or 300' feet away.  I downgraded to GoApp 2.7.2 and my problem was 100% gone.
2016-6-1
Use props
cekabu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9154 ft
Turkey

tpetersen97 Posted at 2016-6-2 06:18
I keep saying this over and over in other posts.  I experienced the same frustrating issue as you wi ...

Are you using IOS or Android? And if Android do you have the APK file so we can also try?
2016-6-1
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Alright mate, I had this problem with my standard. After speaking to DJI I realised that they are as much use as trying to fly your drone dressed as an hamburger.

Eventually I took mine to an independent electronics guy, what it was is the black cable which comes from the front of the drone and goes into the back of the camera mount had come disconnected from its mounting in the camera part. Simple fix really, cost me £20. DJI didn't have a f,ing clue.

Now I seem to have to remote controller signal loss problem too. Once again true to form dji don't have a clue.

I will be making a post soon with a draft of a letter to send to trading standards regarding dji which hopefully everyone who has had problems will also send. Their customer service is beyond terrible, and I believe they are trading unlawfully in the UK by not following trading standard after sales rules.

Hope the cable thing helps bud.
2016-6-2
Use props
thomalphen
New

Netherlands

sorka95032 Posted at 2016-6-2 04:01
So there are literally dozens of these thread popping up every day. Most of them were fine before  ...

I got my P3S since last saturday and i updated it when he asked for it. But it never crashed or landed hard and got this problem from the first time i flew it. How can i downgrade the app on ios? any solutions? because i want to fix this and fly my drone a little further for the first time.
2016-6-2
Use props
alpatovdanila
lvl.1

Russia

Aaaand DJI-Paladin flies away from thread again. Thats not even funny anymore.
2016-6-2
Use props
thomalphen
New

Netherlands

Oke i'm very happy now. This morning i restarted everything uncluding my Phone! When i tried to fly it, it was perfect signal and was at 300 metres away. So when you have the same problem try to restart your phone and the drone. It worked for me!
2016-6-2
Use props
Rodomontade
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2563022 ft

irp Posted at 2016-6-2 10:31
Sundance Kid is right, DJI staff really need to stop giving out bad advice and wasting people's time ...

http://www.bbb.org/losangelessil ... -torrance-ca-267337
2016-6-2
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

and don't think Yuneec in Germany is any better.
2016-6-2
Use props
jermc10
lvl.1

Canada

So is DJI going to weigh back in on this convo?  They kind of just dropped off the map there.
2016-6-2
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

Greece

2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

thomalphen@gmai Posted at 2016-6-2 09:36
Some places are worse then others. at my house its like 30 metres but when i go further from my ho ...

Since you are using an iOS device, please ensure that your operating system is updated to 9.3.2. I would also recommending resetting. If you are already on 9.3.2, you can try restoring your iOS via iTunes from your computer. If the issues persist, I would recommend uninstalling/reinstalling the Go app and resetting the WiFi module. If you notice this issue after a firmware update, you can reapply the firmware by holding the Academy button for 10 seconds.
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please keep in mind that we can only provide solutions that would keep the warranty of the product in tact. If after extensive troubleshooting the issue is not resolved, we can only recommend the unit be sent in for repair to ensure that it is fully functional with the most recent firmware/software combination. Any downgrading or alterations from the current firmware/software combination is at your discretion, but we are not able to fully assist in that process for warranty purposes.
2016-6-2
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-3 09:00
Please keep in mind that we can only provide solutions that would keep the warranty of the product i ...

Jamie, I believe that most owners in these threads would not expect you to get them to do anything which might jeopardise their warranties.
The point that the other poster was making, I believe, is that there have been countless dozens of posts by people with the same video transmission errors since the firmware/software updates yet instead of the DJI reps simply stating that "yes, we've had a number of concerns raised and we are endeavouring to fix the problem", they simply repost the same old 'how to aim your antenna' video or ask questions about whether they were flying in one of their usual places. It's easy to see that many of the people posting their range concerns have been long term members of the forum and are not novices. They are, rightly, insulted when  DJI makes no reference to the high number of posters with similar problems, preferring instead to simply advise posters to view the 'how to aim your antenna' thread as though they were first time users or, even worse, advising them to return the product because it's  'probably a hardware fault', even though multiple users clearly all experienced the same problem immediately after updating their firmware/software.

There's no shame in getting an update wrong but DJI should be far more open when it comes to acknowledging the problem and stating what they are doing about it.
For the record, despite my concerns over the way some of the issues have been managed by DJI over recent months, I'm still a happy P3A owner.
2016-6-2
Use props
jpaydirt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2969 ft
United States

Sundance Kid Posted at 2016-6-1 20:18
My God man, what are you thinking? Do you not read these threads?  Updating to 1.6.8 firmware has  ...

My god man why does anybody update firmware? if it ain't broke don't update it, and turn off the apps ability to update, and poof no more problems
2016-6-2
Use props
rene.vandermeer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-2 03:48
It is probably a hardware issue of the receiver's damage.I'd suggest you to send both of the drone  ...

I think that this is a correct response from DJI.

I have had similar problems, which also turned out to be a hardware issue. Since then I haven't had any problems. I have the newest firmware.
Even a hardware failure could show up after an update.
2016-6-3
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 21:11
What're the firmware versions and app versions? Did you adjust the RC and antenna position or choo ...

DJI-Paladin: "Did you adjust the RC and antenna position or choose different places for flight?"

These are the kinds of questions that drive us nuts. You act like were are idiots and we know nothing about flying a drone. Stop treating us like we are 5 years old.

This is why customers get so upset. When we have REAL problems and you start by asking us stupid questions.
2016-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules